Posts by qpman

I've got an S905L-B box a few days ago, and I tried to intall kszaq's S905 LibreELEC build on it. But I found that all existing dtb.img are not working properly. None of dtb files for S905L and S905D would boot properly, and all dtb files for S905 have no USB device accessable. When I use dtb file for S905, the box would boot properly, but no USB port would work.

So how could I get a working dtb.img? What can I do to help the devs figure it out?

Here are the pictures of board of box.

Hi

Could you tell me please what was not functioning on your box besides USB ports ? Ethernet , wifi , remote control , etc . ?

The only board I know that has CEC issues fixed is Odroid-C2 as the bootloader is open source and was fixed by Kwiboo. I'm not 100% sure if your particular issue is fixed. If at some point I add a product specific build, the issue may be fixed for KVIM.

Thank you for your answer . Btw im planing to switch to S905D cpu , could you recommend me some decent OTT box with s905d cpu ?

Hi kszaq

I would like to ask you if there are some OTT manufacturers that have fixed the issue related to bootloader and CEC behavior . If yes could you recommend some of them ?

Im asking this question because I have some major issues related to CEC with my blue-ray sony home theater and sony smart tv when my OTT box ( nexbox a95x) is OFF but plugged into wall socket . To be more precise Im referring to this FAQ :

Q: CEC behaviour is erratic when my box is off.

A: This is a bootloader issue that needs to be fixed by box manufacturer.

I would be very thankful for your answer / thoughts .

Thank you in advance for your answer .

CPU and DRAM clock speeds are setup by the early-stage boot process. There is some information on the odroid forum (where they found out about the fake frequency settings in the kernel) but I have no idea if or how one can replace the mentioned files on generic tv boxes.

You can read about the odroid c2 "over"clocking here: ODROID Forum • View topic - No performance difference between 1.5, 1.75 & 2GH

Hi

i m curious if you have found a way to change cpu or gpu frequency ?

I usually do not crosspost but as some might find this thread by search, I want to note the current development here as well:

I can confirm that software decoded playback of 720p h264 10bit videos, which was dropping a lot of frames on S905X and worked fine on S905 on earlier versions has improved on S905X. I only tried a few files and currently cannot do side-by-side comparisons, but the tested files were watchable. Big thumbs up to kszaq for this "bump".

Hi

i m curious if you have found a way to change cpu or gpu frequency in libreelec under s905x ?

hope to hear from you soon .

Hi
    this image is compatible only with 2 gb ram devices ?or it works also with 1gb ram devices ?
    thanks