[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• i have a a95x 2gb with a s905x and a odroid c2 both using 8.1.9 and they work great, but i have noticed when ever i set the speaker output in audio settings to anything other than 2.0 my av amp reports its receiving lpcm of 7.1 regardless of what i have set it to. When audio is passed through my amp displays the correct info eg dolby digital 3/2/1 and the correct number of speakers is shown on the display. My nuc running libreelec connected to the same amp works as expected set it to 2.1 that's what the amp reports its receiving.

the reason i have been setting it to 5.1 is so that the files i have with aac 5.1 audio play in 5.1, as i have found that ac3 transcoding is a bit hit and miss and does not seem to work correctly, sometimes its fine and sometimes the sound is really bad and it sounds like the volume is being turned up and down constantly through the file, pausing skipping or restarting can sometimes correct it but not always.

edit: log attached played infinity chamber passed through fine as expected displaying 5.1 on my amp. played moonwalker aac 5.1 and amp displayed 7.1 channels, also i experienced a horrible loud noise output on one of the times i started it

• I think you all guys really need to read the first post carefully or if you don't like long reads perhaps only my signature? Why does everybody ignore a very simple request to create a separate thread and post logs?

Test build for you: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel-20171003212713-r26313-gb574f6d.tar

Thanks kszaq apologies for the dumb question....will this update work on my Wetek Play 2 currently running your 8.1.9 build?

• Hi kszaq

I would like to ask you if there are some OTT manufacturers that have fixed the issue related to bootloader and CEC behavior . If yes could you recommend some of them ?

Im asking this question because I have some major issues related to CEC with my blue-ray sony home theater and sony smart tv when my OTT box ( nexbox a95x) is OFF but plugged into wall socket . To be more precise Im referring to this FAQ :

Q: CEC behaviour is erratic when my box is off.

A: This is a bootloader issue that needs to be fixed by box manufacturer.

I would be very thankful for your answer / thoughts .

Thank you in advance for your answer .

• My Mecool M8S Pro+ does not show a shutdown menu in LE. Hitting the power button shuts the box down with no menu choices. Is there a way to enable the shutdown menu? I see it on all the other boxes I have.

Would it be under power options, depending on the skin?

I'm using AeonNox SIlvo on this and the rest of my boxes. The Mecool M8S Pro+ does not show a Kodi shutdown menu and all others do. I can't find a setting to enable the power menu. The power button shuts the box off. Looking for some help.

Curiously there is no shutdown menu in Kodi/Android either.

• The only board I know that has CEC issues fixed is Odroid-C2 as the bootloader is open source and was fixed by Kwiboo. I'm not 100% sure if your particular issue is fixed. If at some point I add a product specific build, the issue may be fixed for KVIM.

• My Mecool M8S Pro+ does not show a shutdown menu in LE. Hitting the power button shuts the box down with no menu choices.

You have to change the key assigned to the power button (I have mine set to f10). If you are using wrxtasy's remote.conf, change the line

Code
    0x59  116    # power

to

Code
    0x59  68    # f10

and then create a /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml with the following:

Code
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <keyboard>
          <f10>Suspend()</f10>
          <f10 mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</f10>
        </keyboard>
      </global>
    </keymap>

A single press puts the box to sleep and a long press shows the shutdown menu. To enable the sleep mode, follow these instructions

• Can someone tell what was the last version to support RGB mode?

I'm interested too... if it's the reason why I suddently have a green screen when I'm watching a video file....I have a Mini M8SII box.

I have this problem with the 8.1.9 version, randomly when i'm watching some content : the entire screen is green and blinking, I must reboot to stop this.

Nothing with the 8.1.8... I don' understand what option I have to change.

Thx.

Edited once, last by iskonje (October 4, 2017 at 11:11 PM).

• My Mecool M8S Pro+ does not show a shutdown menu in LE. Hitting the power button shuts the box down with no menu choices . . .

This was already answered (twice) the first time you asked:

Would it be under power options, depending on the skin?

Choose a different skin (the default one, for example) and check under power options

LE is the OS that is running Kodi. What you are referring to is a Kodi menu

The Menu you are asking about is a KODI menu and nothing to do with these LE builds.

Why not ask your question in the Kodi forums, if you're not happy with the answers here?

I'm using AeonNox SIlvo

Again, you're much more likely to find assistance with specific Kodi skins / issues in the Kodi forums than here, in an LE forum

(Unless, of course, @Uukrul's solution above proves useful to you)

Curiously there is no shutdown menu in Kodi/Android either.

I don't think there usually is a menu in the Android versions. I think it is replaced with Exit (back to Android)

Edited 2 times, last by Poida (October 5, 2017 at 1:42 AM).

• You have to change the key assigned to the power button (I have mine set to f10). If you are using wrxtasy's remote.conf, change the line

Code
    0x59  116    # power

to

Code
    0x59  68    # f10

and then create a /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml with the following:

Code
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <keyboard>
          <f10>Suspend()</f10>
          <f10 mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</f10>
        </keyboard>
      </global>
    </keymap>

A single press puts the box to sleep and a long press shows the shutdown menu. To enable the sleep mode, follow these instructions

Poida, thanks for your feedback. .

Thanks for providing an answer Uukrul.

• Thank you very much for all hard work. LE is just amazing!

I just have one question.

My box is set to 1080p. No passthrough. Just TV speakers.

Audio on some videos is slightly out of sync which I can adjust with OSD menu.

But when my box is set to 1080i video is in perfect sync with audio. Great but the picture quality is not as sharp as 1080p.

Why is this happening?