Posts by doggyofone

I tried this method, however the aml_autoscript.zip never appeared in the update&backup list. Didn't seem to pickup the SD card. So I tried the toothpick method. The box booted to the Google splash screen, sat there and eventually the screen went blank. I then tried booting to Recovery, but I could not install the script from there. Tried twice, no go. Then I booted without the toothpick and as soon as the Google splash came up I inserted the toothpick. The Libreelec boot came up and installed 18.2. So I am up and running on an MXIII-G 4K.

Have to say, this box is still fast and runs great. Definitely worth the effort.

Thanks again Demetris.

Update - I can't play anything, as selecting any of the options - pause, stop, play, fast forward or reverse locks up the device. So I'm back on 8.2.2, which is working pretty well.

I tried this method, however the aml_autoscript.zip never appeared in the update&backup list. Didn't seem to pickup the SD card. So I tried the toothpick method. The box booted to the Google splash screen, sat there and eventually the screen went blank. I then tried booting to Recovery, but I could not install the script from there. Tried twice, no go. Then I booted without the toothpick and as soon as the Google splash came up I inserted the toothpick. The Libreelec boot came up and installed 18.2. So I am up and running on an MXIII-G 4K.

Have to say, this box is still fast and runs great. Definitely worth the effort.

Thanks again Demetris.

I tried all, only the the M8S plus one works but without wifi..

Maybe there is a problem with the box. You could try a USB wifi dongle. I've bought several for my S905 boxes, all of which offer extra USB slots and gigabyte ethernet. They are cheap and work well. You need to search this thread and others to find compatible chipsets. I have one that offers gb ethernet, three port USB hub model KY688.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I already tried a few similar roms but most of the time I get a filesystem corruption error or LE doesn't load correctly.

I've just tried using another cable but it doesn't seems to change anything.

Does the remix rom run? Can you navigate its menus?

The file corruption error has happened for me when I try to boot a rom without the nocompat file.

I installed 8.2.2 on my MXIII-G and Beelink MXIII Plus successfully using the instructions shown on the 1504 post.

Try all the roms making sure you use the img.gz and not the tar versions.

Maybe a different issue, but I had PIA on all my devices VIA VPN or through VPN Manager. I moved over to NordVPN because of significant speed problems that PIA could not resolve. It wasn't unique to me as both my sons and a neighbour I recommended PIA to had the same speed problems. Thanks to zomboided's work to get NordVPN working on VPN Manager my VPN is now excellent. Also PIA has been geoblocked in the US all servers. NordVPN works perfectly. I know PIA is relatively cheap, but NordVPN has had great pricing as well and ebates rebates as well.

I tested with IPVanish which worked very well, but they no longer work to resolve geoblocking.

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 - this is the splash screen for the Remix rom. The rom should load up after that.

#2 - shows a screen with 8 folders(?). (TWRP) - I don't know what you are looking at. Can you take a picture?

Yes, you need to include the nocompat file when you flash Demetris's rom to the box.

You need to burn the Demetris img.gz to the SD card. Use Rufus to extract the img.gz files to the SD card. Option 2 extract the img.gz to a .img file and then burn it with Win32diskimager. After doing this open up the SD in file explorer (Windows) and add the nocompat.zip to the SD card along with the original remote.conf and toothpick boot.

If you don't have the remote.conf the rom may contain the correct one. If not you need to search for it. It may be in here -

remote.conf repository

Make sure that the SD card is formatted to Fat32. Extract the remix rom to the SD card. Do not unzip the Remix 115k4 zip file that was extracted to the SD card. You should see this on the SD before you boot:

Then put the SD into the box and toothpick boot. Hold the reset in until you see the Android robot appear. You should see the install progress to completion. After reboot let the system settle down and do what it has to do. Maybe reboot a second time. Pull the plug. Then go to post 1504 and follow those instructions.

You can find lots of information in you browse through this forum post.

Did you include the nocompat file as instructed on page 1 and elsewhere through this post?

Anyone?

Pushed 5.0.5 onto the repo which re-introduces support for NordVPN using their API. You can now select which country you want to connect to and it'll do the right thing.

They also have their own branded add-on if you'd prefer to use that and want some friendly support.

I only see up to 5.04 in releases. Is the master the actual 5.05 release?