S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• did you try the "refresh rate on " and a "white-list"?

you need to run your device without these settings only with a really old TV.

the "50hz" solution is only for old TV not supporting "refresh rate on" and a "whitelist"

• I tried this method, however the aml_autoscript.zip never appeared in the update&backup list. Didn't seem to pickup the SD card. So I tried the toothpick method. The box booted to the Google splash screen, sat there and eventually the screen went blank. I then tried booting to Recovery, but I could not install the script from there. Tried twice, no go. Then I booted without the toothpick and as soon as the Google splash came up I inserted the toothpick. The Libreelec boot came up and installed 18.2. So I am up and running on an MXIII-G 4K.

Have to say, this box is still fast and runs great. Definitely worth the effort.

Thanks again Demetris.

• I tried this method, however the aml_autoscript.zip never appeared in the update&backup list. Didn't seem to pickup the SD card. So I tried the toothpick method. The box booted to the Google splash screen, sat there and eventually the screen went blank. I then tried booting to Recovery, but I could not install the script from there. Tried twice, no go. Then I booted without the toothpick and as soon as the Google splash came up I inserted the toothpick. The Libreelec boot came up and installed 18.2. So I am up and running on an MXIII-G 4K.

Have to say, this box is still fast and runs great. Definitely worth the effort.

Thanks again Demetris.

Update - I can't play anything, as selecting any of the options - pause, stop, play, fast forward or reverse locks up the device. So I'm back on 8.2.2, which is working pretty well.

• Kinda confused by this thread. It has s802 in the title but, as I'm understanding this Demetris is no longer building for Amlogic s802. Do I understand about that correctly? Still, it seems some of his older builds for s802 might be available at the links given in the OP. If that's the case, how do I tell which build is for Amlogic s802? Also, have I understood correctly that these builds are for writing to SD card so that the OS boots from it rather than from the box's internal ROM? Clarifications will be appreciated.

PS Currently nursin along my older box with MyGica, which works acceptably for now. Would like to try out LibreELEC though.

• Hi, Can not Docker be installed in this distribution? It does not appear in the Libreelec repository.

LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-9.0-devel-20190517212215-9a6423a

• Kinda confused by this thread. It has s802 in the title but, as I'm understanding this Demetris is no longer building for Amlogic s802. Do I understand about that correctly? Still, it seems some of his older builds for s802 might be available at the links given in the OP. If that's the case, how do I tell which build is for Amlogic s802? Also, have I understood correctly that these builds are for writing to SD card so that the OS boots from it rather than from the box's internal ROM? Clarifications will be appreciated.

PS Currently nursin along my older box with MyGica, which works acceptably for now. Would like to try out LibreELEC though.

S802 & S812 are the same minus the gbit lan on the later thus the S8X2 abbreviation ;)

• Does service.aml-vnc work?
    In previous releases of LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus, service.system.aml-vnc-7.0.3 always worked.
    In LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-9.0-devel-20190517212215-9a6423a
    no version of service.aml-vnc is working. I have proven, even, up to:
    service.aml-vnc-9.0.1.101
    service.aml-vnc-9.1.101

• Does service.aml-vnc work?
    In previous releases of LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus, service.system.aml-vnc-7.0.3 always worked.
    In LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-9.0-devel-20190517212215-9a6423a
    no version of service.aml-vnc is working. I have proven, even, up to:
    service.aml-vnc-9.0.1.101
    service.aml-vnc-9.1.101

Code
    Please, can anyone tell me something about this?
  • Ok guys, what's the procedure if I want to upgrade from 8.2.3.

I have MXIII 2 gb box and Demetris's LibreELEC with 17.6. on it.

Tried to put 9.0 .tar file to .update folder, it went ok after a reboot, but all it did was change the skin back to default and nothing else was changed. Afterwards I made a SD card with

.img file and tried (no toothpick method) and it was no go.

I can still boot to 17.6 fine but would like to upgrade to new version. Thanks.

• Hello friends! I have registered to learn a bit since I have the MXIII-G 2GB RAM / 16Gb and I have it as I bought it since I only used it to put movies to the child. Now I want to enter the world of KODI and I would like to learn. What steps should I give? My goal is to install KODI. Thank you very much!

• Hello, I have Tronsmart S89 (S802H)

Which is the latest libreelec firmware for my box? (I would like to put it internally (not on SD))

Does "LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-9.0-devel-20190207022938-5e27f15.tar" work with that box?

Or "LibreELEC-S82.arm-9.0-devel-20190206212910-5e27f15"?

Thanks in advance!

Edited 3 times, last by dankec (August 9, 2019 at 10:13 AM).

• I have been running 8.2.3 on my S812 based box, and its been running fine for a long time.

I have been playing with Alexelec for a while, everything work great as well, just updated to 9.1.3 (Kodi 18.4).

Librelec is on NAND and Alexelec is on SD card.

But I have always had this issue. When I shutdown Alexelec, neither the remote power button nor the from power on button turns on the device. I have to pull the power cord, and then everything is fine.

On Librelec, everything is perfect. I shutdown Kodi, and can power on using he remote or the power on button on the device.

This issue does not belong here, I am sure. But I was hoping if someone has resolved or seen a similar issue. I have not been able to find anything that can help me.

I am using the same remote.conf file on both Librelec and Alexelec. All remote keys works, just the power on from shutdown does not work.

Maybe there is something that I can extract from Librelec in the NAND and apply to Alexelec. Or maybe its a known issue booting off SD card and no resolution.

I would greatly appreciate your help or a point to the right direction.

Thanks