Posts by baalho

Shoog, actually so ready to pull the trigger on N2...

quick question...the IR remote on ameridroid is pretty cheap like $5.

But I figured, either I can reconfigure my existing remote (android tv IR remote that came with my box, that currently works with LibreElec)

or use my TV remote with CEC (with works with my current S812 android tv box).

Wondering that was why they did not include a IR remote with the N2 package deal.

while i also use Wako/Kore/Yatse on my android phone when i need to type in long text....I like the convenience of having a physical IR remote.

So my first question, should i get the IR keyboard

Second question, 16gb emmc, is it worth it over SD card? I would put libreelec/coreelec on the emmc. from my research, installtoemmc should work.

Last question, and I know i will be rocking N2 for few years, i am thinking 4gb ram just to be relatively future proof. But for just libreelec, people are saying its an over kill. what do you think?

:Psecond to the last question: VIM3L, does not seem as future proof as N2...but has WIFI/BT/eMMC...what say you..

CNX coupon should help offset the shipping cost :)

thank a bunch!

tl;dr;

is it really worth upgrading from a stable s812 box the is perfectly capable of streaming 1080p videos, and upgrade to a S922x based boxes?

use case: stream up to 1080p. No need for 4k, HDR, emulation, etc

Hey all,

So been using my S812 based box (2GB ram/8gb Rom) for a really long time, been keeping it updated as well, until 8.2.3 (Kodi 17.6)

Is rock solid, and does what I tell it to do.

I have Librelec 8.2.3 on nand, and mess around with different builds on sd card to see if I can find a solid Kodi 18 build (best success has been with Alexelec)

But this got me thinking, maybe its time to upgrade.

Been leaning towards Odroid-N2, VIM3 or Beelink GT King

But...I don't have a fancy setup, just a simple 1080p LG TV, nothing else beside Libreelec/kodi box

I have been seeing often times I have issue with streaming high quality 1080p files.

90% of the time my use case is to use it to stream 720/1080p videos. I have RD, and sort files with max resolution of 1080p and less then 3gb.

10% of the time is using Stalker client for IPTV.

I also have 1gig fiber connection, and kodi box is hard wired.

And more than content with 720p...dont care much for 4k or HDR for my use case.

Most of the wait time is scraping of sources. my normal setup is just 2-3 addons.

On my SD card, have have played with aura mod with widgets, still not terribly laggy.

I think I have had this box for 4 years, and for similar longevity and community support, I am considering at least Odroid-N2 or better.

But is it worth it, I have been doing a lot of research, and been waiting for the last 6 months. I can wait more I suppose, but seeing some good deals on N2 recently :/

Especially because s812 upgrade path is essentially a dead end. I love to tinker, and great at following instructions. But the writing is on the wall for this box :cool:

Thank you for your patience/shrug

Thank you FORD. So with what you said, I have been trying different parameters in the sleep.conf.d, but not much success.

Forum Alex@ELEC • Просмотр темы - CoreELEC-8.99.04 ae-fork (Amlogic S905/912) обсуждение

on their forum, found the following information.

I used fw_setenv and executed the following.

Change did not save between power cycle, and also did not solve the problem.

# fw_printenv preboot

preboot=run factory_reset_poweroff_protect;run upgrade_check;run bootmode_check;run init_display;run storeargs;run update_key;run irremote_update;run switch_bootmode;

# fw_printenv irremote_update

irremote_update=irkey 0xba45ff00 0xba4594ca 1002000;if test ${irkey_value} = update; then run update;else if test ${irkey_value} = update_sdcard; then run update_sdcard;else if test ${irkey_value} = usb_burning; then run usb_burning;else if test ${irkey_value} = update_udisk; then run update_udisk;fi;fi;fi;fi;

I have been running 8.2.3 on my S812 based box, and its been running fine for a long time.

I have been playing with Alexelec for a while, everything work great as well, just updated to 9.1.3 (Kodi 18.4).

Librelec is on NAND and Alexelec is on SD card.

But I have always had this issue. When I shutdown Alexelec, neither the remote power button nor the from power on button turns on the device. I have to pull the power cord, and then everything is fine.

On Librelec, everything is perfect. I shutdown Kodi, and can power on using he remote or the power on button on the device.

This issue does not belong here, I am sure. But I was hoping if someone has resolved or seen a similar issue. I have not been able to find anything that can help me.

I am using the same remote.conf file on both Librelec and Alexelec. All remote keys works, just the power on from shutdown does not work.

Maybe there is something that I can extract from Librelec in the NAND and apply to Alexelec. Or maybe its a known issue booting off SD card and no resolution.

I would greatly appreciate your help or a point to the right direction.

Thanks

First of all, thank you very much for the 9.0 update.

I got it running on my MXIII MXIII 2G/8G boxes. So far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine, except when I stop a video, Kodi just hangs and have to power cycle.

I even reset librelec to factory defaults, but still happens.

can can get log from SSH, so kodi is still running in the background

I was able to update from 8.2.3 (Demetris) to 9.0 (Babels)

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-MXIII-PLUS.tar

to

LibreELEC-S812.arm-9.0-devel-20180718130923-f2dced1-MXIII_Plus.tar

I just put it in the update folder.

I have a MXIII 2G. Everything seem to go perfectly fine except the remote didnt work.

I had to revert back to 8.2.3 where everything works fine.

I used my remote.conf file, it work fine on 8.2.3 but does not work on 9.0.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,

Baalho