Posts by wayover13

Ok, old thread so I may be guilty of necro-bumping. If so, apologies.

I'm posting in this thread because it discusses slightly dated hardware very similar to something I'm considering acquiring at a decent price and on which I'm wondering whether I could install LE. Or maybe even boot into LE from external media. Here is the description of the hardware from the ad:

CPU:H6 Quadcore cortex-A53 frequency:2G

GPU:Mali-T720MP2

FLASH:32GB

SDRAM:4GB

WIFI:2.4G

3D:Hardward 3D graphics acceleration

Support Decoder format:VP9-10 Profile-2 up to 6K@30fps

H.265 HEVC [email protected] up to 6K@30fps

Supports *.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.dat, *.avi, *.mov, *.iso, *.mp4, *.rm and *.jpg file

HD MPEG1/2/4,H.264, HD AVC/VC-1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10

Support Media format:Avi/Rm/Rmvb/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg

USB host:1 High speed USB 3.0 and 1 High speed USB 2.0

HDD file system:FAT16/FAT32/NTFS

High Difinition video outpu:SD/HD max. 6K pixel

LAN:Ethernet:Standard 10/100M RJ-45

Wireless:Built in WiFi

Bluetooth: No

HD:HD 2.0 up to 6K Output with HDR, CEC and HDCP 2,2, 6K@30fps max resolution output

4K2k hd decoding:6K H.265 Hardware Video Decode and 6K Output

1080P/AV/3G:Support

SPDIF/IEC958:Coaxial

So, can I expect LE to run on this hardware, either by replacing Android with it or by booting from external media? Input will be appreciated. Thanks

Kinda confused by this thread. It has s802 in the title but, as I'm understanding this Demetris is no longer building for Amlogic s802. Do I understand about that correctly? Still, it seems some of his older builds for s802 might be available at the links given in the OP. If that's the case, how do I tell which build is for Amlogic s802? Also, have I understood correctly that these builds are for writing to SD card so that the OS boots from it rather than from the box's internal ROM? Clarifications will be appreciated.

PS Currently nursin along my older box with MyGica, which works acceptably for now. Would like to try out LibreELEC though.

I managed to load an older version (6.something, I believe) of openelec onto my Goobang Doo M8 s812 box about a year ago and it's been working great, if a bit outdated now (kodi 16--see [ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18) - FreakTab.com). After doing that I started researching the openelec project and discovered libreelec. It looks like libreelec builds referenced in this thread could offer an upgrade path for my somewhat dated hardware. But I'm kind of reluctant to give them a try given that the openelec build I'm on is working great and currently has all functionality I need from it. Any other users in this thread with a box like mine do an upgrade from an older openelec or libreelec version? Were you happy with the results? If so, I'll be interested to hear your input.