VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• I have been using this great addon with Leia builds (Coreelec 8.95.0) and it is working fine.

Coreelec doesn't make a intel version of their firmware, so I'll give the latest libreelec beta/alpha a try out.
    Did you need to do anything special to get this addon to work?
    (As in,did you update Coreelec to 8.95.0 with openvpn already installed or did you update and install afterwards?

Scratch those questions.
    Libreelec alpha works fine.
    I do admit it was a year since I last updated to kodi leia and the openvpn addon did not work then. It does now. Sorry for any inconvenience or annoyance caused.

You're doing fine work Zomboided, keep it up :D

• Coreelec doesn't make a intel version of their firmware, so I'll give the latest libreelec beta/alpha a try out.
    Did you need to do anything special to get this addon to work?
    (As in,did you update Coreelec to 8.95.0 with openvpn already installed or did you update and install afterwards?

I have been using this VPN manager, on two coreelec boxes, S905 & S912, & a Intel NUC with the latest version of Leia, & have no problems at all

• Pushed 5.0.5 onto the repo which re-introduces support for NordVPN using their API. You can now select which country you want to connect to and it'll do the right thing.

They also have their own branded add-on if you'd prefer to use that and want some friendly support.

I only see up to 5.04 in releases. Is the master the actual 5.05 release?

• I'm having trouble connecting to VYPRVPN. I put in the correct user and pass and I get the below error in the log.

I tested my credentials logging out and logging back in on my PC app for VYPRVPN and they work fine. Can you help?

Instead of UDP, when i switch to using TCP no VPN servers are pulled to select from. My only choices are "Switch between location and server views" and "Cancel connection attempt." Selecting the switch option does nothing.

solved. I wiped out the downloaded files, and selected giganews account instead of the top two vyprvpn options. I got my access thru giganews.

Edited 2 times, last by osxanalyst: update (September 23, 2018 at 6:32 PM).

• Hi Guys,

I have had PIA running on my RPI3 (the latest one) for ages.. and last night it suddenly wont connect anymore, I am using Vpn Manage 5.0.6 and last night it downloaded the latest files from PIA (so im assuming these have caused the issue?). I get pretty much the same screen as the above osxanalyst post.. but resintalling everything etc doesnt work.

Is there any known issues with PIA and Vpn Manager? Sorry a bit vague, will provide the full log when home.

Thanks

Edited once, last by Rover95 (September 27, 2018 at 8:41 AM).

• I have had PIA running on my RPI3 (the latest one) for ages.. and last night it suddenly wont connect anymore, I am using Vpn Manage 5.0.6 and last night it downloaded the latest files from PIA (so im assuming these have caused the issue?).

Last couple of days I've had issues with PIA being connected but no Network Internet Connection.

Also failing to connect as well.

I've deleted files from advanced settings and reconnected which solved the problem on 2 Occasions.

It's been working OK today.

I thought it was caused by using Filtering so I've turned that off for the time being to see if problem returns.

If it doesn't return i will re activate filtering and see what happens.

• Hi @kostaman..i have resolved this one.. Turns out my isp had blocked the website. So when vpn manager was trying to update the files it was failing I guess. Now they have changed my security it's all back up and working

• I use PIA across 3 boxes and I've not seen any issues.

Filtering will cause a reconnect to happen, but won't change the way the connection is made. I guess if there was an authentication issue, or a network issue, that re-connect might fail.

Share a log if it happens again.

• Maybe a different issue, but I had PIA on all my devices VIA VPN or through VPN Manager. I moved over to NordVPN because of significant speed problems that PIA could not resolve. It wasn't unique to me as both my sons and a neighbour I recommended PIA to had the same speed problems. Thanks to zomboided's work to get NordVPN working on VPN Manager my VPN is now excellent. Also PIA has been geoblocked in the US all servers. NordVPN works perfectly. I know PIA is relatively cheap, but NordVPN has had great pricing as well and ebates rebates as well.

I tested with IPVanish which worked very well, but they no longer work to resolve geoblocking.

• Hi zomboided

I was wondering how easy it would be to implement DDNS and port forwarding from your addon? I have a box I'd like to still access via SSH even though it's connected to PIA VPN.

I've had a dig around and PIA have an API for this.

Have been trying to get inadyn working for the DNS side however I can't seem to get it to work with freedns or duckdns. Updating that is quite easy though:

Code
    http://[USERNAME]:[PASSWORD]@freedns.afraid.org/nic/update?hostname=[DOMAIN]&myip=[IP]

If you can have a look to see if this could be implemented it would very much appreciated :)

• Morphy This is a bit of a niche use case, and I'm guessing that different providers, even if they did offer this, would do this in different ways. I think your best approach here is to access the API via the up and down scripts (see the wiki) and output the port number returned to a known location.

• Hello first time post here. I am trying to get Nord VPN installed on a KODI Liberelec box but when I try to run it I get an error that says it could not authenticate with VPN provider and to check user name/password, which I have done and they are correct as I can install and run Nord VPN successfully on my Windows PC and the details are correct when I look at the settings screen. My ISP is Plusnet and the default router they provide and I have a static IP address for the Kodi box - Any ideas as to what I can try please?

• Hello first time post here. I am trying to get Nord VPN installed on a KODI Liberelec box but when I try to run it I get an error that says it could not authenticate with VPN provider and to check user name/password, which I have done and they are correct as I can install and run Nord VPN successfully on my Windows PC and the details are correct when I look at the settings screen. My ISP is Plusnet and the default router they provide and I have a static IP address for the Kodi box - Any ideas as to what I can try please?

I have Nord vpn, I use zomboided's manager. I don't have any issues. I am with plusnet.

Are you using a US keyboard? or the onscreen keyboard?