Posts by zomboided

You’re trying to run the referenced scripts when they don’t appear to be available or properly installed on you box.

You could try removing the up and down lines from the ovpn script but the dns might not get updated properly. Try it and see

The thread says that there is a Premium/LocalDNS version of CyberGhost and a regular one. When I changed the servers to point at the premium one, it stopped working for loads of people, so it's back to the regular one.

I could support both, but nobody has provided me with all of the ovpn files for the premium, and I don't have an ID to get them myself (nor if I'm honest, the interest).

So as pointed out in the Github thread, I think you could assign your Kodi box to the regular versions. Or you could use User Defined. If there's a problem with the regular versions, I'll fix it if someone tells me the right server - it looks like you've shared the premium version with me which won't work for most people.

Feed the wizard an ovpn for each server and it’ll just use them. It doesn’t need them to be the same at all. It’ll treat all of them separately. As others have said you can cycle between them like any provider

Cyberghost changes made in December have been reverted, it should fix issues people were seeing.

Those Cyberghost users using LocalDNS will probably not be happy with the changes, but I think you can change the servers your LE box is using within the Cyberghost site. Or use User Defined.

The same problem as what? SDSD was having an issue that was weird. Yours sounds like a "regular" connection issue and might be related to CyberGhost changing their servers again. If you have a log with debug (VPN Mgr settings/Advanced/Debug on) then post it and I'll look.

Recreate on a vanilla LE build without anything else running. There’s a bunch of crap running on the build you have which could be stopping it. There are no errors in the log to show the service stopping so I think it’s something else interfering.

No, I’m not writing custom scripts for you to work around Netflix not working! Go read the documentation on the wiki about how to use the API and the Kodi documentation about how to start addons.

You shouldn’t need to reboot, as soon as the VPN is gone, the network connection should return (it does for me, I switch the VPN off based on addons all the time across Windows and Linux based platforms).

It’s conceivable that the Netflix addon is doing network things before the VPN Mgr addon gets a chance to disconnect and subsequently getting upset and hanging that the network is not there/has been pulled from under it. The VPN Mgr addon needs the Netflix addon to start to know to filter it - this aspect is never going to change.

Either the Netflix addon needs to be more tolerant or you can do something like create a keymapping to disconnect before starting the Netflix addon. Or you could script it to disconnect and then start Netflix.

Use the filter settings to exclude Netflix from the addons that use a VPN then it’ll disconnect when you start Netflix. How to do this is documented on the wiki linked in the first post.

I don't use multiple Kodi user profiles, or multiple users within Emby, so no.

From my brief play just now, it looks like it allows you to install addons per user, and therefore I'm guessing this would start and stop the addon as you change users.

It should mean that when you switch users, any existing connection would be terminated as part of the addon stopping. I'd then expect there to be a period where the addon starts for the new user and the VPN is re-established. This shouldn't affect local connections though (assuming you're using Emby from inside your own network).

I'm happy to look at a debug log (from within the addon, settings/advanced/debug on) covering a system boot and then a user switch to confirm this. I'm not gonna debug Emby for you because I can't do that for myself when it starts playing me up and not playing stuff.