Posts by 7up

I stepped away from forum for a few months and sort of lost. Can anyone recommend build options for KII Pro (S905)? On a related note, would a device tree file from LE 7 a;so work with LE8 or LE 9? Disappointed to see kszaq no longer doing builds but all good things come to and end. I'd prefer a LE build with Leia if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Hi balbes150, Thank you for update. Loaded LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.6_20171221-MXIII_Plus.img.gz on SD card and inserted into MXIII-G

LibreELEC boots up fine but still getting error messages in log during bootup:

[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules

See ' systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service' for details

Hi balbes150,

Making progress :)

MXIII-G using Rufus to install .img.gz on SD card.

11-21-2017 Test version LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.5_20171102-MXIII_Plus.img.gz on SD card. Error msg * bootup log, LE boots up and works.

*Error message:

Hi balbes150,

All testing on MXIII-G using Rufus to install .img.gz file.

Test version LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.5_20171102-MXIII_Plus.img.gz installed on USB. Normal boot up (Boot log not displayed)

Test version LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.5_20171102-MXIII_Plus.img.gz installed on SD card. Black screen and LE doesn't boot.

Non-test version LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.5_20171102-MXIII_Plus.img.gz installed on USB. Errors messages* during bootup but LE functional.

Non-test version LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.5_20171102-MXIII_Plus.img.gz installed on SD card. Failure. Filesystem corruption error message.

The issue seems to be that your later builds do not support running on SD card. Booting to USB stick works. The last full install build that would boot normally from SD card was LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.4_201708018-MXIII_Plus.img.gz. All builds since then installed on SD card fail. Did something about boot process or SD card support change ~August of this year?

Thank you for the new test build.

*Error message:

Update: I installed via toothpick/SD Card balbes150's 8.0.2 Lan_100 rom successfully. After any updates were complete I installed 17.5 LAN_100 and got the 120 seconds/automatic repair error. Frustrating for sure, but I guess you are right, end of the line. Would be great if Demetris had a lan 100 build, but no go.

If you install 8.0.2 Lan_100 rom to SD card and boot up LE, shut down and choose install to EMMC and complete install to internal box memory, you can then update to 17.5 LAN_100 successfully.

Here are older builds. I was able to install LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170614.img.gz to SD card with Rufus and working normally. Attempting to update with LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.5_20171102-MXIII_Plus.tar on SD card fails with same Filesystem corruption error message. However, if you install 20170614.img.gz from SD card to EMMC you can then update to LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.5_20171102-MXIII_Plus.tar.

There are errors displayed during bootup with 17.5_20171102, both MXIII and LAN_100 builds

Thanks to balbes150 for all prior S812 builds but SD card installs seem like they've been corrupt for months. If this is the end of the road, thanks for all prior builds its been a great run. Maybe we can get a LibreELEC 9 build?

I generally install to SD card but as I couldn't find adapter I used burned 201708018-MXIII_Plus.img.gz file to USB stick. Now that I think about it, the initial boot might have come up with a black screen or flashing video but after a hard reset and the MXIII Plus booted up normal. Not wanting to run off USB, I used the shut down menu to install to internal hard drive. If I can find my SD card adapter I'll try install to SD card but not sure why it would be any different.