VPN Setup

• Hi,
    Firstly I'm sorry if you have already covered this in another thread.

I have a RPi3b running LibreELEC 7 as a kodi media centre. I am unsure of if I need an addon to setup my VPN or if not, how do I set it up? Any help here would be appreciated, thanks.

• It's an OpenVPN, can be set up as TCP or UDP

Was this answered somewhere else? I'm having Windscribe issues as well, wondering if Chewitt came to the rescue or just ditched this thread.

( i'll pull the logs from my kodi box when I get home, i'm having certificate issues when I thought the VPN Manager would accommodate) I'll ask zomboided

Edited once, last by Crucial (February 9, 2017 at 4:17 PM).

• There is a systemd service file template in /storage/.config/system.d/ that can be used to configure VPN connections. You can also Google search for Brian Hornsby's OpenVPN add-on, or Zomboided's VPN add-on. You probably won't find a specific howto/guide for windwhatever service, but it will be using an OpenVPN conf file and certs like any other OpenVPN provider so the process of setting things up will be much the same.

• There is a systemd service file template in /storage/.config/system.d/ that can be used to configure VPN connections. You can also Google search for Brian Hornsby's OpenVPN add-on, or Zomboided's VPN add-on. You probably won't find a specific howto/guide for windwhatever service, but it will be using an OpenVPN conf file and certs like any other OpenVPN provider so the process of setting things up will be much the same.

I'm not sure what the OP wanted, but I myself was trying to get a cert to work with my free 50gb/month from windscribe, but it looks like I can't get a working cert unless I pay for Pro. Zomboided's app looked as if I can use it to login with my credentials and no cert key. Didn't work.

my current vpn only allows one device, and I can't afford an upgrade.

thx for all your help. these forums rock, and I hope to contribute in the near future.

• I only need these 2:

apt-get install pptp-linux
    apt-get install network-manager-pptp

Libreelec can u have an image for me with these 2 isntalled, please?! For security reasons, it's for a closed system tv-box, which i also know the consequences!
    I really need these..

• windscribe....
    what files does the service provide you, to connect to the VPN service?

like:

• *.ovpn file?
    • ca.crt ?
    • ta.key?

Is there a download link, you could point us to, to see what windscribe provides for connection setup?

Edit
    I've checked their website, ca.crt und ta.key can be downloaded there. The only thing you guys need is the "*.ovpn configuration file". As soon as you have this (and you have got login data / user and pass) , I think I can help you to set up VPN Manager for OpenVPN.

Edit#2
    To get the ovpn config file, you need to buy an upgrade account, apparently: OpenVPN Config Generator - Windscribe . Looks like you won't be able to do it without this.

Edited once, last by infinity85 (March 31, 2017 at 9:51 AM).

• I only need these 2:

apt-get install pptp-linux
    apt-get install network-manager-pptp

Libreelec can u have an image for me with these 2 isntalled, please?! For security reasons, it's for a closed system tv-box, which i also know the consequences!
    I really need these..

This one, not the OP

• This one, not the OP

I have my own vpn server (windows 2012 R2) and i only know how to connect to this vpn server with those 2 packages installed. I have a s905x box working with libreelec on it, but i need to connect to my vpn server. I have this working with raspberry Pi 2/3, but i need to have it working with an AMLogic box, because of the power of the box! The install of LibreElec is really great and very easy to install on such box, but now i need just these packages installed..

The same with openelec.. also closed.. i have then osmc which is open, but i can't install it to a s905x box..
    so, what options do i have more?

hope someone can help me?!

• I have my own vpn server (windows 2012 R2) and i only know how to connect to this vpn server with those 2 packages installed. I have a s905x box working with libreelec on it, but i need to connect to my vpn server. I have this working with raspberry Pi 2/3, but i need to have it working with an AMLogic box, because of the power of the box! The install of LibreElec is really great and very easy to install on such box, but now i need just these packages installed..

The same with openelec.. also closed.. i have then osmc which is open, but i can't install it to a s905x box..
    so, what options do i have more?

hope someone can help me?!

Since it is even your own server, the easiest and best option you have is:
    Reconfigure it to OpenVPN instead of PPTP. there is absolutely no way you will get PPTP on LibreELEC.