Posts by Crucial

I don't understand how people don't get it.

XBMC has been my go-to for LOCAL MEDIA, now everyone wants to access these pirate streams and basically demand support by blaming the original software for failed functionality of the "pirate addons".

What do you expect out of us devs and tinkerers for a stream service you SHOULD be paying for? No love here to dive into your problem, but what Chewitt said... the same bugs and errors will follow your hardware choice because you are using Kodi how it's not intended.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ok I have been reading trying to understand how to install and I have seen ssh way is there no way to just flash it like you do when installing the android firmware. I got so lost on the ssh process. and yes I have usb tools but none of the firmware I have will work. now the usb drive has firmware that works can I not create a img with that. idk I feel so lost installing this on internal memory

Create a bootable USB/sdcard with the LibreElec tool provided on this site. Power cycle your device holding the reset button, and the script runs from the card...Installs on the card, and always loads after that.

SSH not needed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

- - - - SSH attempt - - - -

LibreELEC:~ # openvpn --client --dev tun --proto udp --remote us-east.windscribe
    .com 80 --nobind --auth-user-pass --resolv-retry infinite --auth SHA512 --cipher
    AES-256-CBC --keysize 256 --comp-lzo --verb 2 --mute-replay-warnings --ns-cert-
    type server --persist-key --persist-tun --key-direction 1 --ca /storage/.kodi/us
    erdata/ca.crt
    Thu Mar 2 21:20:10 2017 OpenVPN 2.4.0 armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi [SSL (Open SSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [AEAD] built on Feb 22 2017
    Thu Mar 2 21:20:10 2017 library versions: LibreSSL 2.4.4, LZO 2.09
    Enter Auth Username:Crucial_hb58agwz
    Enter Auth Password:
    Thu Mar 2 21:20:58 2017 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_I NET]207.244.67.1:80
    Thu Mar 2 21:20:58 2017 UDP link local: (not bound)
    Thu Mar 2 21:20:58 2017 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]207.244.67.1:80
    Thu Mar 2 21:21:58 2017 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 6 0 seconds (check your network connectivity)
    Thu Mar 2 21:21:58 2017 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
    Thu Mar 2 21:21:58 2017 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

- - - - /ssh - - - -

S905X-based box. mali-450 gpu, 2/8gb, 10/100 lan (T95N Mini M8S Pro) Running LE 8.0c

after I read up on the validity dates, and I'm only a monthly subscriber... it might be time to find a new vpn.

- - - - openvpn.log start - - - -

Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 WARNING: file '/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/Windscribe/ta.key' is group or others accessible
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 WARNING: file '/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/Windscribe/pass.txt' is group or others accessible
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 OpenVPN 2.4.0 armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [AEAD] built on Feb 22 2017
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 library versions: LibreSSL 2.4.4, LZO 2.09
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]207.244.67.1:443
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 UDP link local: (not bound)
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]207.244.67.1:443
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=format error in certificate's notAfter field: C=CA, ST=ON, L=Toronto, O=Windscribe Limited, OU=Operations, CN=Windscribe Node CA
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 OpenSSL: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
    Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2017 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

- - - - openvpn.log finish - - - -

This is what I'm commonly getting when trying to connect via Windscribe. I'm able to use OpenVPN on Android. The CRT and KEY in your add-on match the ones Windscribe gave me. I try to google these errors and get really lost. I don't expect you to look deeply into this, but if there's a simple troubleshoot or two you can guess from this log ... then you would make my day.

Cheers, and thank you for your hard work.

its running great from the usb I just tried it just trying to figure out how to write it to the internal

There's no difference in performance by going internal. I've got mine running from a 32gb microSD card, no problems whatsoever.

If you do decide to (like I did at one point then instantly regretted it, even tho I never use the Android side) make sure you have a working ROM you can flash back to Android in the not-so-rare case of bricking your device.

Maybe I didn't read enough documentation, but I'm wondering if there's a sweet SSH command I can use to push the updates, rather than re-format and flash a fresh copy on my sd card. I'm completely fine re-formatting and restoring each update, but I'd be punching myself if there was an easier solution.

I thank ANYONE in advance who replies

My thread comment inspired more reading, I no longer need assistance.

Solution/Update: From another LibreElec thread I learned to disable/change HDMI-CEC settings in Kodi by going to Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC. Problem solved!
    - - - -
    Just installed 8.0.0b on a NexBox S905 1G/8G. Previously ran 7.0.3.12c through 12i. Upgraded to 7.95.beta6 and instantly onwards to 8.0.0b.

I'm experiencing an automatic shutdown of Kodi after changing HDMI source away from my Kodi box (HDMI2) to Chromecast (HDMI1). Log file:

• Feb 21 09:30:37 Kodi: 09:30:37.365 T:4119078928 NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs
    • Feb 21 09:30:37 Kodi: 09:30:37.365 T:4119078928 NOTICE: OnSleep: Stopping lirc

The shutdown behavior is unwanted. How do I disable this auto-shutdown?

Clarification: Kodi and LE runs perfect when in use (in my case, on HDMI2). If there's no activity, while the TV stays on HDMI2, Kodi simply dims the display (as intended) - and all is well, ready to resume. But if switch to HDMI1 (my chromecast), Kodi/LE will power itself off after a short period of time with the following two log entries: 1) "Feb 21 10:53:30 Kodi: 10:53:30.505 T:4119967760 NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs" and 2) "Feb 21 10:53:30 kodi 10:53:30.506 T:4119967760 NOTICE: OnSleep: Stopping lirc".

This is part of your CEC settings, I have mine configured to go Sleep mode if I change input sources. I also have the TV recognize the box when it powers on so the TV itself turns on when said input is powered on.

And that last part indicates that it can't really be the cable itself. Changing it just triggered something else.

I also had the problem once, changing resolutions back and forth fixed it for me.

That makes sense, the video itself isn't downscaling to the screen's native resolution. If toggling resolutions doesn't reset it, then something in the code or the settings that's keeping the video in it's original size.

Annnnd, ummm.... there's a working Netflix solution out there :huh: I just cancelled my plan :( If I can get 1080p in LE, i'll sign back up :D

I think to try this new beta. I had mysql database on my nas with kodi 16.1 (7.0.3 le)
    It worked, but when i switch to krypton i tried make advancedsettings.xml that worked in 16.1, (and worked with k1 plus build le 8 beta of afl1), i cannot make it.
    Always forget what is the settings for media (content type, etc)
    When i use it without advancedsettings mysql setting, the work the identification, but some reason not work when enable it.

Has anyone some solution or tipp?

In Kodi v17, the following tags are removed from

Code
    <network>

and placed under a new

Code
    <cache>

tag. Also,

Code
    <cachemembuffersize>

is renamed to

Code
    <memorysize>

and

Code
    <readbufferfactor>

is renamed to

Code
    <readfactor>

.See also: [font]HOW-TO:Modify the cache[/font]<cache>
      <memorysize>0</memorysize>  [font]<!-- number of bytes used for buffering streams in memory [/font]
    [font] When set to 0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM -->[/font]
      <buffermode>0</buffermode>  [font]<!-- Choose what to buffer:[/font]
    [font] 0) Buffer all internet filesystems (like "2" but additionally also ftp, webdav, etc.) (default)[/font]
    [font] 1) Buffer all filesystems (including local)[/font]
    [font] 2) Only buffer true internet filesystems (streams) (http, etc.)[/font]
    [font] 3) No buffer -->[/font]
      <readfactor>4.0</readfactor> [font]<!-- this factor determines the max readrate in terms of readbufferfactor * avg bitrate of a video file. [/font]
    [font]This can help on bad connections to keep the cache filled. It will also greatly speed up buffering. Default value 4.0. -->[/font]
    </cache>

I had to edit my xml when I moved to Kodi.. in the Wiki, it breaks it all down (new changes and all)

There is a systemd service file template in /storage/.config/system.d/ that can be used to configure VPN connections. You can also Google search for Brian Hornsby's OpenVPN add-on, or Zomboided's VPN add-on. You probably won't find a specific howto/guide for windwhatever service, but it will be using an OpenVPN conf file and certs like any other OpenVPN provider so the process of setting things up will be much the same.

I'm not sure what the OP wanted, but I myself was trying to get a cert to work with my free 50gb/month from windscribe, but it looks like I can't get a working cert unless I pay for Pro. Zomboided's app looked as if I can use it to login with my credentials and no cert key. Didn't work.

my current vpn only allows one device, and I can't afford an upgrade.

thx for all your help. these forums rock, and I hope to contribute in the near future.

It's an OpenVPN, can be set up as TCP or UDP

Was this answered somewhere else? I'm having Windscribe issues as well, wondering if Chewitt came to the rescue or just ditched this thread.

( i'll pull the logs from my kodi box when I get home, i'm having certificate issues when I thought the VPN Manager would accommodate) I'll ask zomboided