[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I too use DVB-T in Australia (Perth) - quite a lot actually.

For me TvHeadend v4.0.9 & v4.2 works with both the tuner in the WeTek Play2 and the PS3 Dual DVB-T Tuner.

I bet you are in Victoria - where for some reason people have been having LibreELEC DVB-T issues.

Can you point me in the right direction. PlayTV DVB-T Dual Hardware Tuner ?

Thank you wrxtasy for the playTV Tuner advice.

I purchased one of these and ran it on my new TX7 Pro s905x 2gb/32 gb and all Channels Scanned and Services mapped in Melbourne.

The Twin Tuner is Brilliant in recording 2 programs at the same time slot and watching at the same time.:)

The K1 Pro Availink Tuner was the problem in my previous issues with scanning due to the Drivers.

My Opinion for anyone thinking of buying the K1 Pro is a Do Not Buy due to the lack of Driver Support.

• Verdilak - Does the rgb part work, or is it a leftover from previous versions? According to page 1 it's broken, that's why I'm asking.

Sorry for the delay to answer, I live in Mexico City and as you know we have been a little busy around here, regarding your question, everithing works fine since I added those codes to autostart, so my guess is that its working fine.

Regards!

• I have been a long time user of Libreelec - thanks kszaq for the ongoing build

Recently I bough a M8S Pro + based on wrxtasy's write up of it. I fully understood that the wifi chip is not supported, and in any case, I used ethernet cable.

Anyway I have successfully installed Libreelec on a microSD card and have booted up into Libreelec as well as configured the various add-ons. I used the dtb.img renamed from gxl_p212_2g,dtb and a remote.conf file provided by wrxtasy in the freaktab forum. I am also successfully running a USB TV tuner with tvheadend server and client. The tuner worked only on 1 of the 2 ports - the left front one. And I then tried mounting a USB thumb drive into the left back port - without any success.

Bottom line is that 1 of the 2 USB ports does not seem to function, not to mount a USB drive, nor as a port for USB TV tuner. When I insert a USB drive, the drive light flashes but the drive is not mounted

I booted back to the Android firmware and found that both USB ports could allow mounting of USB drives. So I then extracted the dtb.img file from an OEM firmware (downloaded from freaktab website) and replaced the dtb.img file in the root of the microSD card with the OEM one. Now Libreelec booted up and both ports could be used to mount USB drive. But the remote no longer worked. Not a problem if I can create another remote.conf from scratch. And this is where I got in over my head. With the OEM dtb.img, any keypress on the remote does not show up when running dmesg -c via telnet. As an experiment to confirm that I was doing te right thing, I replaced the dtb.img on the microSD card with one downloaded from kszaq, removed the remote.conf file and key presses started showing up in dmesg??

So my questions are

1. Is there any way other way to look at what the remote keypress does, other than with dmesg so that I can create my own remote.conf file

OR

2. Can I somehow combined the two dtb.img files so that I have the best of all worlds - a working remote and access to two USB ports

I attach the OEM dtb.img file that I extracted from the OEM firmware at freaktab

dtb.zip

Apologies if this is in the wrong topic. I was wondering whether it should be here or in the "Create remote.conf from scratch" one, but decided that this would get a better viewing

Edit: Now I am confused. I was reading the device tree thread and saw that wrxtasy had uploaded a dtb.img file previously for the same device which is only about 40kb, half the size of the one I just uploaded

2nd Edit: All this while I had been using wrxtasy's dtb file without realising. I must have swapped it out when I used his remote.conf file thinking that it would be a better match. Anyway I have gone back and tried the official dtb file (gxl_p212_2g,dtb) and this file is the best - both USB ports works and also wrxtasy's remote.conf also works. But the exercise was worthwhile. I managed to decompile all 3 device treess that I had and looked through them to try to understand the differences

Edited 2 times, last by sirzur (September 24, 2017 at 4:42 AM).

• Sorry for the delay to answer, I live in Mexico City and as you know we have been a little busy around here, regarding your question, everithing works fine since I added those codes to autostart, so my guess is that its working fine.

Regards!

Good vibes to you!

Sadly the RGB fix is still not working

Edited once, last by badkarmaboy (September 22, 2017 at 9:07 PM).

• Hi, I'm using K1 plus Combo both internal satellite and terrestrial tuners actively. Have been using afl1's 8.0 builds for a long time. I have always observed that some DVB-S2 transponders are scanned twice with a frequency fraction difference. ie. I can see muxes 12109H and 12109.5H, both with 20 scanned services with the same parameters, both plays nicely the same content. Some can be scanned correctly only for the fractional one, like 11914H is scan failed while 11914.5H is OK with 37 services. My satellite is Astra 3B 23.5E. I have used to live with that, but now I have bought second box and installed LE 8.1.8 and I can see some behavoir differences. The fractional muxes remains, but there is also some dupes like 12343.5H, both scanned OK, but one with 21 services and the second with 22 services. Does somebody else have same "problem" ? Any suggestion how to overcome this ? Right now I'm just setting the other mux as Ignored.

bydbx

Tvh log is boring, nothing special:

2017-09-22 19:00:28.610 mpegts: 12343.5H in DVB-S Network - tuning on Availink avl6862 #0 : DVB-S #0

2017-09-22 19:00:28.647 epggrab: 12343.5H in DVB-S Network - registering mux for OTA EPG

2017-09-22 19:00:28.659 subscription: 00E8: "scan" subscribing to mux "12343.5H", wei*ht: 5, adapter: "Availink avl6862 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "DVB-S Network", service: "Raw PID Subscription"

2017-09-22 19:00:41.832 mpegts: 12343.5H in DVB-S Network scan complete

• Hi, I'm using K1 plus Combo both internal satellite and terrestrial tuners actively. Have been using afl1's 8.0 builds for a long time. I have always observed that some DVB-S2 transponders are scanned twice with a frequency fraction difference. ie. I can see muxes 12109H and 12109.5H, both with 20 scanned services with the same parameters, both plays nicely the same content. Some can be scanned correctly only for the fractional one, like 11914H is scan failed while 11914.5H is OK with 37 services. My satellite is Astra 3B 23.5E. I have used to live with that, but now I have bought second box and installed LE 8.1.8 and I can see some behavoir differences. The fractional muxes remains, but there is also some dupes like 12343.5H, both scanned OK, but one with 21 services and the second with 22 services. Does somebody else have same "problem" ? Any suggestion how to overcome this ? Right now I'm just setting the other mux as Ignored.

bydbx

Tvh log is boring, nothing special:

This tvh behavior is cause by "Network discovery". Default transponders database is outdated. On Astra 23.E most of transponders are changed to DVB-S2. If it is allowed Network discovery: "New muxes + changed muxes", during scanning are discovered new muxes with correct parameters. Verify all parameters for transponder. E.g. Pilot setting can cause this 22/21 difference.

You can overcome this by not using default db. You only enter single mux and all other muxes will be discovered.

• I updated my device to 8.1.8 version, overall I'm happy especially with smooth video playback. I just have one issue, I cannot play DTS sound with optical cable passthrough. My AVR reduces it to Dolby Digital. I tried only selecting DTS capable decoder in the settings, but then it only plays the audio in PCM format. I tried this with different DTS tracks but its all the same. It worked before on 7.x versions. Any suggestions? I'm using the generic 2gb ram-1gbit ethernet device tree, everything else works fine.

//edit it suddenly started working, now I can play DTS sound fine. Dunno what did the trick, maybe a reboot or something. But Im happy :)

Edited once, last by Merziyas (September 23, 2017 at 2:03 PM).

• Just a quick note to confirm 8.1.8 installed internally works perfectly with my Beelink MXIII II S905x box, As always great job kszaq :)

One very old bug that has always been there for me with all boxes running all versions of LibreELEC I have used, is that when setting up a WiFi connection after entering your WIFI security passphrase I always get an error message saying "Network Error, Did not receive a reply" However it then always quickly goes on to connect normally and faultlessly. This seems to me to be probably a timing bug. So I was wondering if it can and will eventually be fixed ?? Just for clarity I only ever have one network type enabled either Ethernet or Wireless, never both.

• I have been running LibreElec for a while on a MINIX neo U1, now on 8.1.8, almost everything works fine - keep up the god work. :thumbup:

However audio passthrough has never worked for me when I use the U1 Device Tree (on any version), the receiver does not recognise the audio stream as a valid stream. When I use the p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_port Device Tree I get audio passthrough but always pcm; dolby, DTS etc. all pass through as pcm. I do not believe the problem is receiver related as LibreElec running on an x86 box works just fine passing all formats through to the receiver correctly, the issue only occurs on the U1 box.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions for a fix?

• I have been running LibreElec for a while on a MINIX neo U1, now on 8.1.8, almost everything works fine - keep up the god work. :thumbup:

However audio passthrough has never worked for me when I use the U1 Device Tree (on any version), the receiver does not recognise the audio stream as a valid stream. When I use the p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_port Device Tree I get audio passthrough but always pcm; dolby, DTS etc. all pass through as pcm. I do not believe the problem is receiver related as LibreElec running on an x86 box works just fine passing all formats through to the receiver correctly, the issue only occurs on the U1 box.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions for a fix?

Everything is perfect with Minix dtb. Turn of "Sync Playback to Display" (Settings/Player/Videos).

• Everything is perfect with Minix dtb. Turn of "Sync Playback to Display" (Settings/Player/Videos).

For me everything is perfect with the Minix dtb except audio passthrough. When I set audio audio passthrough to on (Settings/System/Audio/Allow Passthrough) my AV receiver does not recognise the stream at all. When I use the generic 2G_1Gbit dtb the passthrough stream is recognised but always as a pcm stream - even if the source stream is dolby/DTS etc.

Are you suggesting video sync settings will affect audio passthrough? On my system the Video sync settings do not seem to make any difference (to video or audio).

So I guess you either do not have this passthrough issue or do not use audio passthrough? Can you let me know which?

• Sync playback to display turned on affect audio passtrough, all audio formats transcoded to pcm. I use audio passtrough and all formats are recognised correctly by AVR, sync playback to display always turned off, I don't have audio passtrough issue with Minix dtb.