Posts by Merziyas

I updated my device to 8.1.8 version, overall I'm happy especially with smooth video playback. I just have one issue, I cannot play DTS sound with optical cable passthrough. My AVR reduces it to Dolby Digital. I tried only selecting DTS capable decoder in the settings, but then it only plays the audio in PCM format. I tried this with different DTS tracks but its all the same. It worked before on 7.x versions. Any suggestions? I'm using the generic 2gb ram-1gbit ethernet device tree, everything else works fine.

//edit it suddenly started working, now I can play DTS sound fine. Dunno what did the trick, maybe a reboot or something. But Im happy :)

And what to do with uboot img? Also this works on all s905 devices?
    I have LE installed to nand and i dont want to reinstall android only because of this so any chance to flash this img from twrp?
    Thanks

The .img file is just an alternative method of creating an usb / sdcard with the necessary files on it. Instead of copying the files aml_autoscript.zip and aml_autoscript , you can just write the .img file to your sdcard or usb drive with an app like win32diskimager.

You can probably also install the script by chosing "install from zip" within your recovery.

And yes, its an universal version which should be compatible with all S905 models (but I cant guarantee anything).

Why do you want to update your bootloader, is there some problems you experiencing?

Where can I find this universal uboot 0.6 version? Thanks!

You can find it here: Yandex.Disk

There is a folder called "update_uboot". In that folder there is an universal version (up to date) and also in another folder there are brand-specific versions. But the last ones are little outdated, I was using one of these for my device first. Had problems with LibreElec stuck on AMlogic boot logo. But after updating to universal uboot version 0.6, this solved my issue. But I advice, if you dont have this same problem as me, don't use it (don't fix if it aint broken).

How to apply uboot (dual boot) : Add the 2 files (aml_autoscript.zip and aml_autoscript) in a FAT formatted USB or SD card (max partition space 2GB). Then use the Update&Backup app in android, select the "aml_autoscript.zip" file and click on update. Your device will boot to recovery and apply the uboot script.

As last resort you can flash Acemax firmware.
    Just note these KIII's are just boxes Manufactured by one Chinese Factory and then they are only as good as the
    Firmware flashed on them.
    I have never owned an Acemax product but know from reading research that their Firmware is better than most.
    Good luck with it.

Thanks again. Can I just put these 3 files on an usb-drive and flash the firmware .zip file with the update app in android?
    [hr]

Thats right, I tried every one of them including the one you mentioned. But maybe I know what can cause my problem. I read kszaq wrote somewhere in another topic that some bootloaders cant recognise multiple device dtb's. I have installed uboot / dual boot script first for my Acemax KIII, it was an older script I found on another site few months ago. So now my device looks for sdcard or usb first at bootup. So I never had to use the "boot in recovery" method for kszaq's build. Maybe my bootloader is outdated and doesnt recognize the multi device compatible dtb's. I have recently updated uboot to newest universal 0.6 version. Will try some more testing with the dtb's soon and also try the "boot to recovery" installation method. Hope thats the issue and I can get it working.

By the way, Acemax is one of the manufacturers of the KIII device but not the only one. Because I bought it from Chinese reseller Im not sure if I have the Acemax brand. So dont wanna brick my device by updating to another Acemax android firmware, android is working fine as of now.

Yeah, the problem is solved! Like I thought the problem was the old uboot version of my device. After I updated the uboot to newest universal 0.6 version, I made a new sd-card with the generic 2GB RAM-1GBIT ETHERNET dtb file and rebooted to recovery. Now version 7.03.012c works like a charm!

So this means you tried the s905/7.0.3.012/device_trees/????

gxbb_p200_2G_m8s+_k3_pro.dtb

With http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.012...led.img.gz

Thats right, I tried every one of them including the one you mentioned. But maybe I know what can cause my problem. I read kszaq wrote somewhere in another topic that some bootloaders cant recognise multiple device dtb's. I have installed uboot / dual boot script first for my Acemax KIII, it was an older script I found on another site few months ago. So now my device looks for sdcard or usb first at bootup. So I never had to use the "boot in recovery" method for kszaq's build. Maybe my bootloader is outdated and doesnt recognize the multi device compatible dtb's. I have recently updated uboot to newest universal 0.6 version. Will try some more testing with the dtb's soon and also try the "boot to recovery" installation method. Hope thats the issue and I can get it working.

By the way, Acemax is one of the manufacturers of the KIII device but not the only one. Because I bought it from Chinese reseller Im not sure if I have the Acemax brand. So dont wanna brick my device by updating to another Acemax android firmware, android is working fine as of now.

Did you catch the following info on the OP.
    If you update from 64-bit to 32-bit build your device tree may not update automatically even if you put it in Update folder! You have to replace it manually or perform update process for the second time - i.e. once again put 32-bit build and device tree in Update folder and reboot.

Just trying to to fill in the missing link in the failure you are having.

Hi Kostaman, thanks for thinking together with me. I'm using a clean install on a sd-card, not an update. When I do a clean install of any release newer than 7.02.005 it will not boot up. I've tried every dtb.img file out there. Only way to boot up is using the dtb.img file from an older release (I think its from 7.02.005) and then it will boot and everything works except the sound issue. I know the dtb.img from older releases is not compatible with the new releases, but thats the only way so far for me I managed to boot up with newer builds.

I have a KIII device with 2GB Ram and 16GB Storage, 1Gbit ethernet and 2.4ghz/5ghz Wifi.
    [hr]

Hi jmartinez, I think I have the same device as yours. Which dtb.img file are you using? Because I didnt manage to get any of them to work for my device with the newer builds. Could you please share your dtb.img file with me? Thanks in advance.

You haven't updated the device tree correctly.

Thank you. I managed to find 1 dtb.img file which will boot up the newer builds correctly. I think its from an older build. Everything works fine including wifi, which never worked on older builds. But no sound means not usable, so had to go back to .005 build. Any other dtb.img , I tried all of them from the newest device tree, will not boot up and stuck on Amlogic S905 logo.

I have posted my android stock dtb in the device tree topic. If you have spare time, could you please look up into it? You would really help me a lot, Ive been trying to get the newer releases working for hours but no luck untill now. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello Kszaq (and others), my problem with the newer builds (all builds after 7.02.005) is that I don't have sound, nothing at all. Now I managed to figure out what the problem is. I cannot select "ALSA" sound output in the new builds. The last build which let me select ALSA is 7.02.005. The sound works good with ALSA but when I select PULSE even in .005 build the sound wont work. Why cant I select ALSA audio output in the new builds? Any workaround for this? Thanks in advance.

Hi dear kszaq,

First of all thanks for your efforts. I'm running your LibreElec 7.0.2.005 build on my KIII S905 device, and I'm happy with it. But I would love to update it to one of your newer releases. Unfortunately, none of the releases after 005 build does work on my device. It just doesnt boot, it just doesnt go past the Amlogic S905 boot logo. I've tried every device tree out there, but none seem to work. When I revert back to 005 build, it works like normal. I'm using an external sd-card to boot LibreElec.

I think none of the newer DTB.img are compatible with my device. It's a KIII bought from AliExpress but I think there are different models of this KIII device. It has 2gb ram and 16gb internal memory with 1gbit ethernet. I've attached the stock rom dtb.img . Hope you (or someone else) can help me out with a working dtb.img so I can keep using and updating your firmwares. Thanks a lot in advance!