Posts by sirzur

I have a generic TV Box which has a Allwinner H6 chip and 2G RAM/ 16G ROM. I have managed successfully to boot all Libreelec H6 images from SD card, except the Tanix TX6 image. But unfortunately, none of the images allow me to connect to the network via the inbuilt ethernet port. I can connect a USB / Ethernet adapter to the USB2 port and this will allow me a wired network. I have also tried some versions of the nighty but still no inbuilt ethernet. I have opened up the box and note that there seem to be no standalone ethernet chip. Do I have to do anything to enable the inbuilt ethernet?

The inbuilt ethernet works perfectly when I boot into Android 7, which is the last upgrade for this box

Thanks.

An update

Yes I downloaded the DTB from that directory. I also downloaded all the 2GB DTB and the generic 1GB and 3GB DTB and unsuccessfully tried them all. On some of the DTB, it would not even boot up pass the Mecool screen, so I can assume that the DTB is being overridden

So I finally re-wrote the 8.90.6 image to a new microSD card and the remote worked straight away. Looks like the update process from 8.90.5 to 8.90.6 (via placing the newest in the update directory) must have messed something up. I re-did the update 3 times, each time unsuccessfully.

One message that I got during the update process - "Dirty bit is set. Fs was not properly unmounted and some data may be corrupt. Automatically removing dirty bit". Maybe that affected the update process.

TL:DR - If having a problem (whether remote or TVheadend) after updating to latest, best to start from scratch

Adamg - thanks for your builds and keep up the good work

Sorry - I edited the post later to say that I have it installed on microSD card. I dont know which other DTB to use. The Mecool m8S Pro+ that I have is definitely S905X chip and it is also definitely 2GB RAM - I checked in previous versions of your alpha build. The other DTBs are for kvim, lepotato, nand, slowemmc - none of which describes my player.

Any suggestions. Does the error message also suggest incorrect DTB? Also of note is that the CEC still works, so I can still control using the TV remote

So I upgraded to 8.90.6 alpha on my Mecool m8s pro+ box (used LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.6.img.gz file) onto external microSD card. And the remote does not work. Updated the dtb.img tree to the latest from the update directory (gxl_p212_2g.dtb). Also renamed that file to dtb.img. But the remote still does not work. So maybe it is not baked in as per previous version. I then tried to create the keymap and rc_map.cfg file.

SSH into Libreelec and stopped kodi and LIRC in SSH successfully.

Ran "ir-keytable -t" command and got the following message -

"/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

No devices found"

Checked using Winscp and true enough there is no /sys/class/rc directory. Obviously I also cannot create that directory manually. Any help or suggestions?

I had similar results using the dtb.img file provided by wrxtasy. I did a complete re-installation using the gxl_p212_2g.dtb from the links on the 1st page of this thread and both usb ports now work ok. I did continue to use the remote.conf file provided by wrtasy, I do not use wi-fi.

Same here. The dtb.img file provided wrxtasy will not activate the rear USB port. But use gxl_p212_2g.dtb with the remote.conf file provided by wrxtasy and the rear USB port will work again. Also confirm that wifi is no good

I think in one of the Kodi forum threads, wrxtasy says that he uses the Khadas Vim device tree, maybe for better wifi. I have decompiled the dtb provided by wrxtasy and the header mentions "vim"

I have been a long time user of Libreelec - thanks kszaq for the ongoing build

Recently I bough a M8S Pro + based on wrxtasy's write up of it. I fully understood that the wifi chip is not supported, and in any case, I used ethernet cable.

Anyway I have successfully installed Libreelec on a microSD card and have booted up into Libreelec as well as configured the various add-ons. I used the dtb.img renamed from gxl_p212_2g,dtb and a remote.conf file provided by wrxtasy in the freaktab forum. I am also successfully running a USB TV tuner with tvheadend server and client. The tuner worked only on 1 of the 2 ports - the left front one. And I then tried mounting a USB thumb drive into the left back port - without any success.

Bottom line is that 1 of the 2 USB ports does not seem to function, not to mount a USB drive, nor as a port for USB TV tuner. When I insert a USB drive, the drive light flashes but the drive is not mounted

I booted back to the Android firmware and found that both USB ports could allow mounting of USB drives. So I then extracted the dtb.img file from an OEM firmware (downloaded from freaktab website) and replaced the dtb.img file in the root of the microSD card with the OEM one. Now Libreelec booted up and both ports could be used to mount USB drive. But the remote no longer worked. Not a problem if I can create another remote.conf from scratch. And this is where I got in over my head. With the OEM dtb.img, any keypress on the remote does not show up when running dmesg -c via telnet. As an experiment to confirm that I was doing te right thing, I replaced the dtb.img on the microSD card with one downloaded from kszaq, removed the remote.conf file and key presses started showing up in dmesg??

So my questions are

1. Is there any way other way to look at what the remote keypress does, other than with dmesg so that I can create my own remote.conf file

OR

2. Can I somehow combined the two dtb.img files so that I have the best of all worlds - a working remote and access to two USB ports

I attach the OEM dtb.img file that I extracted from the OEM firmware at freaktab

dtb.zip

Apologies if this is in the wrong topic. I was wondering whether it should be here or in the "Create remote.conf from scratch" one, but decided that this would get a better viewing

Edit: Now I am confused. I was reading the device tree thread and saw that wrxtasy had uploaded a dtb.img file previously for the same device which is only about 40kb, half the size of the one I just uploaded

2nd Edit: All this while I had been using wrxtasy's dtb file without realising. I must have swapped it out when I used his remote.conf file thinking that it would be a better match. Anyway I have gone back and tried the official dtb file (gxl_p212_2g,dtb) and this file is the best - both USB ports works and also wrxtasy's remote.conf also works. But the exercise was worthwhile. I managed to decompile all 3 device treess that I had and looked through them to try to understand the differences