[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi to all...

i just got my hands on a X96 2gb ram 16gb rom box.. running it on libreelec 8.1.6.. now i am wondering if there will be also Alpha build for these ( s905x ) boxes....

it would be great to have the Netflix plugin working...

Best regards Ozzy..

• At last (a bit too late) i was able to use my windows 8.1 Samba shares without hitchs !

(LE 8.2 on SD on TX5 Pro TV box - s905x)

The summary of steps needed to LE 8.0->8.2 update for a full working SMB

1-Copy via SMB into dir "Update" the last update tar (or gz) and the proper device tree file

2-Update samba.conf in /storage/.config/ according to jg555 post

3-Create in "storage/.kodi/.smb" a user.conf file according to Nixxor post

4-In Kodi Settings > Services > SMB client > choose SMBv1

• HI

Just upgraded to this biuld on my Kii PRO From 8.0

i have this problem now:

Code
    Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:9000 (Connection refused); Do you have OSCam running?

Can you advise please?

• I'm a noob to amlogic devices. I flashed mine without ever looking into the device tree. Everything works, I see 2GB of RAM, 4K works, HDR works, HD audio works, the remote works. Only SMS style keyboard doesn't work. Even SMS style keyboard works, after updating to 8.1.6

This is due to added SYSLED support in 8.1.5. I will make this module optional so that only those of you who want to use it will load it

Probably a dumb question, but is it possible to make it so you can dim (or turn off) the LED from ssh? The blue LED on my box is pretty bright, but it's also the IR receiver so I can't put anything over it.

Edited 3 times, last by Raytestrak: edited to include a quote from kszaq (September 11, 2017 at 7:55 AM).

• Hi kszaq!

First of all, thank you for your build. I'm currently waiting for shipment of my new S905X box - MECOOL M8S Pro Plus and first thing I'm going to do is install your build on internal ROM :)

One think I'm trying to do is to build latest KODI Leia build (GitHub - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI) from master branch with patches taken from your repo (libreelec8.2 branch), but this is difficult because much of code is changed between Libreelec 8 and 9. Can you give me some pointers which commits from you are important and must be merged to master branch? I know I must take all /projects/S905/ folder, patched

/packages/linux/package.mk file to include yours custom Linux kernel, but don't know how much of your other commits are important?

I'm just focusing on S905 build now, so I just need patches (commits) relevant to that device. I already have mine repository opened on github (gorpet · GitHub) and I have Zidoo box for which I'm build latest Leia android builds, so I'm happy to share mine S905 Leia builds when they are finished.

If you think that too many of code needs to be changed to have working Leia Libreelec build, please let me know and I'll stop trying and wait

patiently for your builds :)

Kind regards

Edited once, last by cobric (September 11, 2017 at 4:14 PM).

• cobric You should be able to rebase my 8.2 commits on LE master branch. In case of conflicts, you may omit changes in packages/ but I cannot guarantee it'll work. I cannot give you more advice as I don't want to event look at it before Kodi 18.0 alpha is released (would be too much of distraction!).

• cobric You should be able to rebase my 8.2 commits on LE master branch. In case of conflicts, you may omit changes in packages/ but I cannot guarantee it'll work. I cannot give you more advice as I don't want to event look at it before Kodi 18.0 alpha is released (would be too much of distraction!).

Thx kszaq! First of all thank you for answer.

I already tried multiple things, create patch by git diff official libreelec8-2 branch with yours and then applying that patch to master. I managed to apply it after few modifications but now it won't compile due some patch don't work. No matter, I'll try few more things as I understand that you don't want to look at half finished code from Leia build :)

If I managed to get it work, I'll update you and push code to my git repo.

Thx again!

• Is it possible to make the remote controller that came with my box (see attached pic) to work in this build?

Have a look in here, should be one that matches what you are looking for, look for MXQ Pro 4K as remotes may look identical yet be different.

remote.conf repository

If you don't find a ready made one in above, enjoy making your own, or if you wish to modify the one you find, see here:-

Create remote.conf from scratch

• How do I tell if HDR is working? I have a S905X box connected to a HDR Sony TV, played a HDR test clip (Life of Pi) and the picture seems ok.

So also brings me to ask - what happens if you try and play a HDR clip and the box is not able to render HDR? How would I know?

• How do I tell if HDR is working? I have a S905X box connected to a HDR Sony TV, played a HDR test clip (Life of Pi) and the picture seems ok.

So also brings me to ask - what happens if you try and play a HDR clip and the box is not able to render HDR? How would I know?

On my Philips TV there is 3 ways to check if the video is working in HDR, maybe one of thoes works for your Sony TV

1. There is a little logo on the bottom right corner with "HDR Signal" when starts playing video.

2. If I set on remote [+] -> source information -> there is SDR or HDR

3. If playing HDR source I try to change predefined picture mode its [HDR at the begining of mode] eg. HDR Standard / HDR Movie / HDR Vivid / HDR Bright etc.

The all HDR clips that I try to play on the MXQ with LibreElec plays fine.