Used the new image and all is good. Thanks.
The rpi version in the root of your downloads folder is 0 bytes.
There is another in the kodi folder. Whats the difference? Used that to boot a RPi 3 and its stuck on the kodi splash screen.
3. I couldn't quite understand your question.
4. You mean like this? Depends on the interface you connect them with. I'm using USB encoders, which makes them appear as regular joysticks.
5. Games in portrait mode? Sorry, didn't understand this question either.
3. I meant that until I get myself a game controller I'm using a regular pc keyboard to play these games but I aint got a clue which key is what button in the various menu pages and during gameplay. Also, I dont even know how to 'shutdown' the box.
4. Yes, I meant exactly that. Thanks.
5. Please see the game screenshot attached below. It would be best played with a screen oriented vertically. Is it possible to rotate the image to do that, thats what I meant.
This is superbb! Thanks for this!
1. Can I use this with an Amlogic S905 or 912 box? Will keep the cost low
2. What controller is best recommended ? There are some games that needed up down left right + 6 other discrete function buttons in addition to the start / select. Im not much of a current gen gamer and I played these games mostly at arcades, hence pardon my unfamiliarity with game controllers.
3. How does one figure out which button is which is using a keyboard to navigate these games?
4. If I wanted to create an arcade game type kiosk (which would be so damn COOL!) how do I interface the generic joystick and buttons with the LE box?
5. There are some games that worked best in portrait mode. Is this setting possible?
Thanks for the explanation. Passthrough is a must-have for me since I have an Atmos setup. Hope you guys are able to have all the features working soon.
Would be great if the updates are reflected in the first post so that its easy to track. And thanks for the great work that made CE possible in the first place!
Possible for someone to objectively enumerate the difference between this and coreelec so that users can make an informed decision?
Will the arm version of the java addon work with the Amlogic 912 boxes?
I've been trying to install squeezelite on libreelec krypton on an amlogic s905/912 box with the sole objective of being able to use the same box for kodi as well as a client for LMS. try as hard as I may I'm unable to get it to work. Any straightforward step by step guide?
There's a squeezebox kodi add on that I'm aware of but I cant get it working.
Highly appreciate any pointers, thanks!
Btw the Blu-ray menu for uhd blurays work great
By Blu Ray menu you mean you are playing a blu ray disc or rip? Does it work for UHD as well as regular BDs? And in case you mean discs, what are you using, an external blu ray drive?
Please check the motherboard specification what is supported on the HDMI port. The xrandr output let me the assume there is an internal DP-HDMI converter.
Does your external DP-HDMI converter support 4k60p?
This MB - ASRock > J3455-ITX
Spec says - "Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 60Hz"
DVI spec however says only max 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz. There is no DP (display port) on this board. I meant DVI and wrote DP. Sorry!
However I am able to manually select 3840x2160p @ 30 Hz on DVI port despite spec saying otherwise?!?? And even 59.94 after sending out the command as above.
Are you sure using a HDMI 2.0 port on the TV and have it configured for HDMI 2.0?
I also had to make sure "full uhd color" was turned on on the input on my tv for this to work.
My TV is a Sony 43X8300D. All inputs are supposed to be 4k60p. With an Amlogic box I get 4k60p too.
First things first - am I supposed to get 4k60p output with the DP port using a DP-HDMI cable? Or can I get it right out of the HDMI port on the 3455?
I tried using the commands by connecting the HDMI port, I can see the new 59.94 option in the list but there is no display if I select it.
With the display port I am able to select the 59.94 Hz option, but like I said, I can't sustain it after a reboot.
Following is what I get when using the HDMI portCode
- Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3840 x 2160, maximum 8192 x 8192
- DP-1 disconnected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
- DP-2 connected 3840x2160+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 952mm x 535mm
- 1920x1080 60.00 + 50.00 59.94 30.00 24.00 29.97 23.98
- 4096x2160 24.00 23.98
- 3840x2160 30.00* 25.00 24.00 29.97 23.98
- 1920x1080i 60.00 50.00 59.94
- 1680x1050 59.88
- 1600x900 60.00
- 1280x1024 60.02
- 1152x864 75.00
- 1280x720 60.00 50.00 30.00 59.94 29.97 24.00 23.98
- 1024x768 60.00
- 800x600 60.32
- 720x576 50.00
- 720x480 60.00 59.94
- 640x480 60.00 59.94
- HDMI-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
- 3840x2160p60 (0x118) 593.410MHz +HSync
- h: width 3840 start 4016 end 4104 total 4400 skew 0 clock 134.87KHz
- v: height 2160 start 2168 end 2178 total 2250 clock 59.94Hz
- Box:~ # xrandr --newmode "3840x2160p60" 593.41 3840 4016 4104 4400 2160 2168 21
- 78 2250 +hsync +vsync
- X Error of failed request: BadName (named color or font does not exist)
- Major opcode of failed request: 139 (RANDR)
- Minor opcode of failed request: 16 (RRCreateMode)
- Serial number of failed request: 30
- Current serial number in output stream: 30
- Box:~ # xrandr --addmode DP-2 3840x2160p60
When I manually issue the 3 commands, it takes a very long time but finally the resolution in settings shows as 3840x2160 and 59.94 Hz.
Now I have added the 3 lines to autostart but the system starts and acquires 3840x2160 and 30 Hz and the 59.94 is no longer in the list to choose from.
What could be wrong?
Amazon prime video works, no 'wrong' (incompatible) updates are shown, no crashes, perfect.
How does one install amazon prime? I get a dependencies error when trying to install. Do I need to install java separately or something?
@ChimeyJimmey As above, a new build will be pushed later tonight that will auto update itself in the future and include Gendos patch for inputstream.adaptive, I also don't own an S912 device so I don't really wan't to put something out there that I can't personally debug and test, sorry.
Thanks for the great work! Let me know if you want me to send you a 912 box.
Just curious... Why are you using manual NFS mounts, when you can also use Kodi's internal GUI for selecting NFS sources?
I make several changes to my server and my various LE boxes. After that, sometimes I have to start back from scratch adding all the numerous shares to each of the boxes. Quite a pain. Here I just connect from my PC and change the IP address in the autostart file and I'm done. Plus all boxes download back to the server too. So I thought might as well have all shares mounted rather than manually adding each and every time.
Attached the full log. It was too large, hence the snippet. Have zipped it. kodi.zip
My content sits on an unraid server. The LE box mounts these shares on startup using an autostart file (NFS, not SMB) The command syntax is as below
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.100:/mnt/user/Movies /storage/movies -o nolock; \
When I click on a movie in my library the box just freezes and then plays the movie after nearly a minute. I can go into file manager, browse to the location of the movie and play it from there, it plays in an instant.
Anything changed with the way shares are mounted or why would this be?
log - hang - Pastebin.com
No one can help?