[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi,

I have an MXQ-PRO 4K I am running the latest version of LE on it and used the gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb. It works 100% BUT Issues:

a) When i do playback and pause the screen for some odd reason is bigger then the TV it is like it is streaked out so the remaining time time half of it is cut off. My RPI -3 dnt have this issue. The Frames show as 1920x1080p @ 24Hz on the screen and my settings are 1920x1080p @ 59.96Hz.

b) I am getting slow response now and then and this is running Internal.

c) Everything else i have tested so far works.

-------------

S912 - Running from SD Card using 8.1.1 and This is the one i have

"XGODY CSA93 TV BOX 3+32GB Android 6.0 Octa Core Media Player 17.0 Fully Loaded"

"hxxp://http://www.xgody.com/electronics-14…d.html?___SID=U"

a) I am getting GUI Issues but that is expected as per the first post.

b) When i do playback and pause the screen for some odd reason is bigger then the TV it is like it is streaked out so the remaining time time half of it is cut off. My RPI -3 dnt have this issue. The Frames show as 1920x1080p @ 24Hz on the screen and my settings are 1920x1080p @ 59.96Hz.

c) I am getting slow response. Is this because of the SD Card i am using Samsung 32GB EVO or is it an Driver Issue ?

d) Everything else i have tested so far works.

-------------

Thanks to everyone that is involved to get this working :)

Thanks again

• Hi,

I am a S905X MXQ Pro+ TV box user. I use KODI for playing my music FLAC files. Music library of mine involves files with many different sampling rates (from 44.1 to 192 kHz). All version of LibreElec I have tried (7, 8, 8.2) do not play this files with sampling rates higher then 48.0 kHz. KODI activated on original Android firmware or e.g. Armbian does not show this issue. I hate Android and love LibreElec. Is it possible to solve this problem?

• Error in mount_storage: mount common: could not mount LABEL = LIBREELEC_DISK

Ensure the SDcard is of adequate size (and type 10)

Check the label of the SD card in a PC (should be LIBREELEC). If not, re-make the SDcard

or

Use linux OS to correctly name the partitions on your SD card (LIBREELEC for boot partition & LIBREELEC_DISK for storage)

or

Make an SD using an earlier version of LE and then upgrade this SD to the version you want

• Are you able to post link to a sample that crashes your box? I'll try to reproduce it on my non-3D TV. I also assume that this is using S905X?

MAny thanks for your impressive efforts with this issue, it is so very much appreciated. Hey I think I have soem more coffee stocks arriving soon so must share a cup or two with you.

Not have a link but just testing from several 3D movies I have stored on my external plugged in USB HDD and on my NAS Drives. Interestingly though if I disable 3D with my box then I get the SBS image on screen with no crashing so it must be soemwhere in the auto 3D scripts I reckon.

Not much time today, but will try to find a small sample 3D file to download form soemwhere and that actually gives the same symptoms as my locally stored very big files. I will then forward that to you via say a personal Dropbox link. I could also try with my box connected to my non 3D bedroom TV and usign the same big Avatar mkv file to see if it still crashes with the 3D eneabled on the box.

• I have a S905x box with a USB DVB-T tuner RTL2832. It's has been working without any problem with 8.0 builds, using tvheadend.

After installing 8.1 build, it does not work. Entering the TV section it appears a message "PVR manager it's starting upp..." and continues forever.

I also have a message in the kodi logs: "Tvheadend HTSP clent. Access denied".

I was using tvheadend 4.0 service. I tried web connection with my PC, but I couldn't access, so I installed 4.2 service.

Now I can access tvheadend from my PC and all the configuration seems OK, but the problem it's still there. The client doesn't work.

I also tried removing and reinstalling both server and client, without any success.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

• MSFT advises to disable SMBv1 in Windows 10 - Microsoft won't patch 20 yr old SMBv1 vulnerability (you should just turn the service off) | On MSFT

Unfortunataly all my shares cannot be accessed after this procedure. Tested with Jarvis and Krypton. Does Jarvis accepts SMBv2/3 ?

Microsfot claims it will remove SMBv1 in Falls Creators Update. It would be great to find a solution for this problem before it happens.

By the way, SMB doesn't work at all for me in 8.1 builds.

jg555 way doesn't work either but most likely I'm doing something wrong. What do you mean by copying the global section to update section?

• As far as I know, the samba used in libreelec 8 and higher should support SMBv2.

Not sure if 7 aka jarvis has at least samba 3.6.

8 has samba 3.6.25 and since 3.6 it supports SMBv2.

You could put this in a custom smb.conf "server min protocol = SMB2".

That should in in theory make samba use SMBv2 as minimum.

PS SMB3 is added since Samba4, I sure hope that will be added in soon tho.

Or atleast in libreelec 9 (leia).

Edited once, last by VoYaGeRTM: changing client to server (August 1, 2017 at 9:10 PM).

• he kszaq when i use IPTV simple client in your builds i dont see channel groups and when i use SPMC with IPTV simple client i do see channel groups.... can this be fixed or do i have to change settings?

• Hi,

Have installed LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.2.img.gz on my MXQ PRO box with 1G RAM, running S905X. It worked flawlessly via a toothpick method, now it runs off SD card, default dtb.img file worked very well, it even supports WiFi. The only issue here is that - very strangely to me - when I wanted to switch default Estuary skin into another language, it will only list English... Any advice how to fix it?

Hello muchor,

I had the same problem, and it was also impossible to install addons. My issue was the fact that LE has been connected to both Ethernet and WiFi. I removed the WiFi connection credentials to only have an Internet connection from Ethernet and it resolved all the problems.

To everybody :

Does somebody know how to manage BR rips for the movies librairy ? The librairy analyzer always take all single files as something to reference and I have +250 iterations of the movie "Playlist". I have tried all combinaisons of the 4 options for the parser but it is still the same.

To kszaq : I updated from 7.x.x to this last version on my Mini M8S Pro (S905). I had issues of sound sync for each video files before... 150ms delay. Now, it is perfect ! Thanks a lot for your job !

• he kszaq when i use IPTV simple client in your builds i dont see channel groups and when i use SPMC with IPTV simple client i do see channel groups.... can this be fixed or do i have to change settings?

settings-> TV settings-> general, and turn on "sync channels groups with server" and restart kodi

• LE 8.1/8.2 and master have a patch to backport the autonegotiation from samba 4.7: samba: backport default to SMB3_11 from Samba 4.7 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@d48c3d8 · GitHub

So if you have no 'min' or 'max' protocol in your config it will try to negotiate smb3.11 first and work down the list on failure.

• LE 8.1/8.2 and master have a patch to backport the autonegotiation from samba 4.7: samba: backport default to SMB3_11 from Samba 4.7 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@d48c3d8 · GitHub

So if you have no 'min' or 'max' protocol in your config it will try to negotiate smb3.11 first and work down the list on failure.

Hello everybody,

koenkooi : How can we apply this patch ? I have the same issue since the update to 8.1.2, my windows share (without password) doesn't work. I tried the jg555 solution but i didn't find the smb.conf to modified.

Thank you for your help.

PS : un special thank you to kszaq for this builds

That is awesome, thats alot of improvement on smb part then.

I didnt run 8.1/8.2 yet or 9.0 alpha, so didnt know what versions were in those.

I might go install this one today and try it out.

Still doesnt hurt tho to put a min protocol of smb2 in there.

So it will never use the lower less secure ones, cos default is core wich is the absolute minimum.