Posts by VoYaGeRTM

LE 8.1/8.2 and master have a patch to backport the autonegotiation from samba 4.7: samba: backport default to SMB3_11 from Samba 4.7 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@d48c3d8 · GitHub

So if you have no 'min' or 'max' protocol in your config it will try to negotiate smb3.11 first and work down the list on failure.

That is awesome, thats alot of improvement on smb part then.

I didnt run 8.1/8.2 yet or 9.0 alpha, so didnt know what versions were in those.

I might go install this one today and try it out.

Still doesnt hurt tho to put a min protocol of smb2 in there.

So it will never use the lower less secure ones, cos default is core wich is the absolute minimum.

As far as I know, the samba used in libreelec 8 and higher should support SMBv2.

Not sure if 7 aka jarvis has at least samba 3.6.

8 has samba 3.6.25 and since 3.6 it supports SMBv2.

You could put this in a custom smb.conf "server min protocol = SMB2".

That should in in theory make samba use SMBv2 as minimum.

PS SMB3 is added since Samba4, I sure hope that will be added in soon tho.

Or atleast in libreelec 9 (leia).

Code
    Cloe:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap
    420,8bit
    444,10bit
    444,8bit
    422,10bit
    422,8bit
    rgb,10bit
    rgb,8bit

If I have Kodi in 4k gui settings I get black screen with any movie I play when I set:

Code
    echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

On the other hand when I set Kodi in normal 1080p gui everything plays fine.

Except 4k movies.

I have to set it to rgb 8bit for 4k to even display on my Philips 43PUS6101/12.

Would this be a cable problem? (no avr, directly connected to the TV)

Another problem is that some HEVC have problems with noagat stuff somehow.

With the full MM build of kszaq (8.02a and b) they play fine.

Like Attack on Titan stuff from pseudo.

Edit: Hmz 444,8bit seems to work for a 4k 10bit movie. But none of the 10bit will work.

Ok, Gintama fails quite hard. My Nvidia 960 can play it in hardware mode, on the S905 one gets a slideshow with sound. Here is a link to test:
    Download File: [AnimeRG] Gintama - NCED_20 [720p] [x265] [pseudo].mkv - filecloud.io

The reason why kszaq said it was a joke is cos you guys talk about forbidden stuff on here for kodi.
    I know those play bad on stuff after 8.0.1a, but if you still cant provide legal samples where it does the same, he cant really help with that.

Certain x265-encoded videos still won't play right with this release, and I'm not quite sure why. They haven't worked since before the new kernel was implemented, so I'm still on 8.0.1a.
    The "symptoms": While the audio seems to play, only the first video frame is ever displayed.

Pseudo's x265 encodes are a great example of this. If you need samples, a quick Google search should reveal plenty.

It's a shame as the newest version seems to be a lot snappier than 8.0.1a, and the stalls (especially when seeking) seem gone.
    Thank you so much for the dedication. Know it is well appreciated :)

Cheers,
    Zareph.

I can confirm this.
    Certain ways of coding in hevc don't work since 8.0.1b.
    Probably cos of de partial noagat kernel change, cos since then it happend.
    While most hevc files play fine, some dont.

Greetz

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 3W met Tapatalk