Posts by jg555

Kahio wrote:

I never had /storage/.config/samba.conf, only samba.conf.sample, no problem with 8.0.2e on my Odroid C2 ! But with the 8.1.2 build, i can't access to my Windows shares... I tried to create a samba.conf manually but no effect !

Simple fix:

ssh to the box: edit the file "nano /storage/.config/samba.conf"

Delete the entire [global section] and replace with the following

Reboot and everything should work as it did before.

I double checked everything did a few nmap scans, no issues at all. They have closed all their holes and issues. One thing that I did notice, it's not a PureVPN issue, is that it takes about 5 mins after you connect for the IP to report correctly. The same issue happens with PIA as well.

I also tried to remote access in from some of the servers I have up at a data center, I was not able to SSH or web browse the ip at all.

Ok originally I thought my ISP was blocking, but after talking with purevpn, I tried configuring using their files on my Asus Merlin WRT Firmware router, UDP worked perfectly, after I got the correct server name from purevpn.

So the server names are not correct in their files that are posted, so you have to get them from vpn-servers.

The ones listed in their OVPN files are wrong and don't resolve to DNS.

I've added screen shots of the my asus router configuration.

Removed nobind, no change.

Removed the last 4 lines and left nobind out, no change.

Put nobind in and left the last 4 lines out, no change.

No difference in the log. I've rest the files and enabled debug

Here's the output of the following command
    /usr/sbin/openvpn --config "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN/London 1 (UDP).ovpn" --verb 6 > /run/openvpn.log

As requested, the config file for Pure VPN London 1

client
    dev tun
    proto udp
    remote vlsa-ukl-ovpn-udp.pointtoserver.com 53
    nobind
    persist-key
    persist-tun
    ca /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN/ca.crt
    tls-auth /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN/ta.key 1
    cipher AES-256-CBC
    comp-lzo
    verb 3
    mute 20
    route-method exe
    route-delay 2
    route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
    auth-user-pass /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN/pass.txt
    explicit-exit-notify 2
    auth-nocache
    ifconfig-nowarn
    ping 5
    ping-exit 30
    ping-timer-rem
    script-security 2

Do you get this problem with TCP connections? Or just UDP?
    And if you go to settings/debug and turn 'Check connection with ping' off and then go to settings/utilities and run 'Reset VPN provider files', do you see the same issue?

TCP Worked.
    UDP Failed.

Reset VPN Files. Will test and let you know.

Been using the VPN Manager for a while, changed VPN providers from PIA to PureVPN. I'm now having an issue connecting to any PureVPN vpn. I saw you requested some information from another user, so I ran the same command and here is the output.

Sat Apr 29 17:55:59 2017 WARNING: file '/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN/ta.key' is group or others accessible
    Sat Apr 29 17:55:59 2017 WARNING: file '/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN/pass.txt' is group or others accessible
    Sat Apr 29 17:55:59 2017 OpenVPN 2.4.0 armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [AEAD] built on Apr 4 2017
    Sat Apr 29 17:55:59 2017 library versions: LibreSSL 2.4.4, LZO 2.09
    Sat Apr 29 17:55:59 2017 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled. See howto.html#mitm for more info.
    Sat Apr 29 17:55:59 2017 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]172.111.140.2:53
    Sat Apr 29 17:55:59 2017 UDP link local: (not bound)
    Sat Apr 29 17:55:59 2017 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]172.111.140.2:53
    Sat Apr 29 17:56:29 2017 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-exit), exiting
    Sat Apr 29 17:56:29 2017 SIGTERM received, sending exit notification to peer
    Sat Apr 29 17:56:32 2017 SIGTERM[soft,exit-with-notification] received, process exiting