[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• The issue is with Nougat kernel. I repeat once again: I don't have 3D equipment, I can only guess which part of the code is responsible for crashes.

Please refer to this thread for HDR-related discussion: [TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion

I wanted just let you know...

Thanks a lot for the link-hint and thanks for your efforts to keep things ticking over! :)

now I have something to read and learn... 8)

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1)

• My LG-TV does not show that it recognizes a HDR-file. If I play the files via a USB-disk connected directly to a HDMI-port of my TV, the

TV says 'HDR input recognized'. That is not the case when the files are played with Kodi/C2 to the same HDMI-port..

Thanks for any advice!

Only s905x+ support HDR, and the better HDR->SDR conversion (a nonstandard hack) also depends on s905x+.

• You have to use a device tree while upgrading, choose a one with the same name you did for 8.0.x.

Thank you, and what is the impact if I don't use device tree or use wrong device tree ? And how to see if correct device tree was used ?

• Thank you, and what is the impact if I don't use device tree or use wrong device tree ? And how to see if correct device tree was used ?

In worst case the box will not boot using wron device tree.

To see Your used device tree, ssh to Your box an type

Code
    1. fw_printenv|grep aml_dt

My box reports:

LibreELEC:~ # fw_printenv|grep aml_dt

aml_dt=gxl_p212_2g

• Thank you, I use the same device tree and my box seems to work very well so I think it's the right device tree :)

• You have to use a device tree while upgrading, choose a one with the same name you did for 8.0.x.

And so it is with my 8.0.2e build. The issue is with Nougat kernel. I repeat once again: I don't have 3D equipment, I can only guess which part of the code is responsible for crashes. If you need reliable 3D switching, please use other builds until the issue is resolved in Nougat kernel builds.

Please refer to this thread for HDR-related discussion: [TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion

Thanks Kszaq for explaniong and no rush afaic Sure I can switch to 8.0.2e easily if I need the 3D movies but it can wait and I am here to test anytghing you need on thsi score.

Cheers
    RayW

Tanix TX9 Pro 3/32GB S912

Tanix TX7 2/32GB S905X

Beelink MINI MXIII II 2/16GB S905X
    MXQ M12CX 1/8GB S905X
    MXQ M12 1/8GB S805
    Denon X500 AVR System

LG 55SJ850T Super UHD TV

• Yes, same here on an old Sony TV.

If you meant the output through the A/V port, then it works just fine on my MXQ Pro S905 with the LE v8.1.2 to deliver video to my old analog TV. I also tested my MXQ Pro S905 with the LE v8.1.2-C2 and the A/V port has no problem to deliver video to my old analog TV. In either case, the video resolution is set to 720p and I can't change to 1080p.

• Only s905x+ support HDR, and the better HDR->SDR conversion (a nonstandard hack) also depends on s905x+.

Thanks for this information, it was very useful for me.

So I try to get an S905x-based box. Do you have any recommendation?

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1)

• Hello,

I have a weird problem, 70% of time I am stuck to the "Libreelec" splash screen...

OCHj

I think it's a problem from the network interface. But I never had this problem before....

Somebody have a idea ?

I have this problem only whith this new release based on Libreleec 8.2. Never with JonhGalt's release or 8.0 release.

Thank you !

Libreelec : Odroid C1+ ; Odroid C2 ; Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3 ; M8S-S812 ; A95X-S905X ; GT1-S912

Divers : Xiaomi mi box ; Rock 64 ; RockPro64 ; Minix U9-H (x2); Orange pi pc ; Orange pi pc+ ; Orange pi one

Edited 2 times, last by mike2002 ().

• hopefully fix RGB output switch: echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

Problem persists with my Philips TV and S905X box. I did not let the box sit in the main menu, but played different videos, so that there was a refresh change. Pink colour happend during video playback.

My dmesg is full of framerate calculations, but I think this is unrelated.

OPZP

Wetek Hub: LibreElec 8.2.3.1 (Philips 42PFL8404)
    MK808B+: LibreElec 7.0.2.7 (Samsung UE55H6270)
    OTT MXQ Pro 4k (S905): LibreElec 7.0.3.12k (Denon X1200W, 7.1, LG PF1500G)
    AKASO HM8 (S905X): CoreElec 9.0 dev build, Acer Revo 3610: Milhouse test

• Tried the 8.1.2 build last night on my C2. Had some strange buffering and sound issues when watching CNN using liveTV (mythtv backend). Went back to 8.1.1 and no issues. Unfortunately I didn't capture a debug log before rolling back, but perhaps that is why 8.1.2 isn't in the first post yet?

I did upload the log to HRTL in case it helps.

• mmpp , here's a rgb test build (to be set in the same way).

Release 8.2-rgbtest · amillogical/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

It's built off kszaq's current tree with a kernel patch. When you first reported issues with force_rgb and the attr method worked for you, we still had the following commit in kernel: drivers/amlogic/hdmi: set video color parameter as well with forced o… · amillogical/[email protected] · GitHub

I had reverted it along with the sysfs interface commit immediately after your report, but in hindsight should have only reverted one.

• kszaq , Thx. Now everything works perfect on Play2 with nougat kernel. Boot OK, Tuner is visible in TVH, Live TV / multimedia works :)

So afl1 , You can also use new dvb module for play2 on your builds with nougat kernel :)

Best regards