Posts by pepeq

I discovered exactly the same on my Beelink with my LG-TV.

with the Libreelec devel-version the picture quality of HDR-videos is better (more details, not so dark) than with CE 8.9.X. but LE has other drawbacks, so I want to stay with LE...

That's true, OSMC guys created a patch for Krypton that I'm trying to forward port to Leia.

The problem is that the correct colour space is not used to play BT.2020 content, colour space should be set to 444,10bit on detection of HDR content and then reset on playback stop.

it seems to me, in latest LE devel versions from Index of / the patch is included. Or is it the new kernel?

GDPR-2 :

I've heard you working on to change to BT.2020 automatically for HDR but according to my tv it is already working for me in LE and CE.

Could you tell me why do you think it is not working?

Nice to hear this, I hope it is true, that something will change with BT.2020 in CE.

I have the (small) problem, that BT.2020 movies are displayed too dark on my TV

when played with my S905X-box. Colors are not washed out as with my S905-boxes (e.g. Odroid-C2),

but a little bit to dark, so dark movie scenes cannot be differentiated enough.

I tried also the latest LE-nightly for S905 and there colors with BT.2020-movies are better, the

contrast differences in dark scenes are much better. New kernel?

I know I can download it from the link adamg provided. I already have downloaded the file and Netfliux works ok.

But I want to know where I can download future versions of libwidevine, maybe something will change in the future,

so a new version will be required.

Edit:

I see, that the Amazon VOD addon comes with inputstreamhelper (as you mentioned before), so I started again from scratch to test this.

I removed /storage/.kodi/cdm, installed Amazon VOD and Netflix-addon it. Then I configured and invoked Netflix.

-> Netflix movie does not play, no directory /storage/.kodi/cdm was created.

Then I found the solution:

To create the cdm-dir with libwidevine files I have to login with an Amazon VOD-account first.

inputstreamhelper-addon only works with Amazon VOS-addon, not with Netflix only.

That was my misinterpretation.

I have only a Netflix-account, no Amazon VOD-account. So I borrowed a Amazon-VOD account from my daughter

and voila - the 1.9GB Chrom image was downloaded and libwidevine was extracted.

The usage of wget getwidevine.sh, which is referenced in many forums delivered only an

outdated libwidevine for ARM-boxes.

Hope that helps other users...

I don't agree with this. I have RPi1, RPi2 and RPi3 (not going to spend any money on RPi3+), and all Pi's straggle with contemporary video formats like 1080P HEVC 10bit, not to mention HDR, 444/10, true gigabit ethernet and so on. Most cheap aml boxes handle these formats out of the box with however crappy OS they come with, without any need to run anything from SD cards.

If only these boxes had such support as RPi.., that is the reason why I want to donate for continuing the development

that is also my opinion. A box without HW-decoding of HEVC is not state-of-the-art

for a mediacenter nowadays. The RPi3 is unusable for UHD-playback.

UHD and HDR is a must have for me.

I also own 2x RPi1 and a RPi3 for handicraft work, but not for a mediacenter in my living room.

please create a Paypal account, so we (the ordinary users) can contribute and support to CE development (for hosting etc.). For useful and good projects (Wikipedia, my favourite internet radio station, helping organisations and now CE) I am always willing to spend some money to support... :) keep up the good work!

Yep it is. The idea behind Core (stands for Community Rebellion/Revolution) is to focus on community. Anyone should be able to build and publish it under the name and use all the logos without having to fear trademarks. It's the FOSS idea behind Copyleft.

"community revolution" is great! 8)

long live the revolution! :thumbup::D

GDPR-2 , with this new builds we have to again install older crazycat driver (wetek play 2) because with this built-in again there is no connection with tvheadend . And I can't adjust delay using this command ir-ctl -t 35000 . There is info :

/dev/lirc0: device does not support setting timeout . Because of that my remote does not work nice now :(

I can execute the ir-ctl command on my Beelink without error:

LibreELEC:~ # ir-ctl -t 35000

LibreELEC:~ # uname -a

Linux LibreELEC 3.14.29 #1 SMP Sat Apr 7 14:52:53 BST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

LibreELEC:~ # cat /etc/issue

##############################################

# CoreELEC #

# coreelec.org #

##############################################

CoreELEC (community): devel-1523108117 (S905.arm)

If you install the latest devel, Check your temp. Looks like there's is a bit more cpu usage going on. Haven't compared, but my box went up in 70C when my fan-cooling was off.

ps. By the way, it works perfect;)

Just installed the latest CoreElec CoreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1523108117.tar as an update to version *910001.

Playing a 1080p HEVC movie from a local disk plays smoothly, cputemp is 55 degrees, seems ok to me.

I have no cooling with my Beelink-box.

Netflix, booting, passthrough audio - everything relevant for me works perfectly.:)

Thanks GDPR-2 et all...

I believe you can also install inputstreamhelper addon and will check your widewine version and ask to update. I'm about 83% sure it does that. Though clicking a Netflix stream won't trigger a widevine update unless your're using a beta fork from the github. The Amazon addon does take full advantage of inputstream helper and widevine updates. Again only 83% sure. Sorry I know this has nothing to do with LE alpha.

how can I install the inputstreamhelper addon? I cannot find this in the repos...

Sandmann's Amazon addons should have the inputstream/widevine installation/update automated. ;)

And just FYI,

there's nothing wrong in 5.90.6 in relation to inputstream/widevine demanding addons (Amazon/Netflix). :)

for me in a fresh 8.90.4 installation with update to *1001-devel and installing

Netflix with repository.netflix-1.0.1.zip

and libwidevine with getwidevine.sh

Netflix works without problems.

The version of widevine in that script is old and will not work. This version however does MEGA

But I will try the new version to see any differences...

I believe you can also install inputstreamhelper addon and will check your widewine version and ask to update. I'm about 83% sure it does that. Though clicking a Netflix stream won't trigger a widevine update unless your're using a beta fork from the github. The Amazon addon does take full advantage of inputstream helper and widevine updates. Again only 83% sure. Sorry I know this has nothing to do with LE alpha.

and I will also test the inputstreamhelper-addon, thanks for the info...

I dont have a backup...

but lesson learned... use tar for upgrade and make backup before that

look at this:

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

so your config, movie-db etc. reside on the internal storage of your box. updates go with tarfile to the SD-card.

I use this since months without problems.

one hint: this tread is rather old, starting with LE 8.90.x you have to change the string "LIBREELEC_DISK" to "STORAGE".

This is also mentioned in the thread further on, but you have to find it...