[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• afl1 did you address the buffering issue described by me here with the recent github commit? Or was this related to something else? Just wondering if you see something from my log.

No. Your log is incomplete. I am not a clairvoyant. You have to allow component specific debugging for video and a/v timing.

• You guys are not going to believe me :)
    Yesterday my KII Pro's remote controller started acting weird.
    I thought the problem was this build but I got the same behavior in android too.
    Checked the remote's batteries, they were fine.
    Coincidently found the problem, it was my door light :)
    It looks like my lamp began dying and its light color has changed.
    This slight color change was affecting my TV box's IR receiver, unbelievable :)

• Can I have some of whatever your smoking?

• Greetings. I have a Nexbox A95 (S905X) and I have been running kszaq's LE 8.2 builds for some time. I decided to test LE 9 Alpha on an SD card. Playback of h264 and h265 files works fine. However Live TV/Recordings with pvr.mythtv stutters badly and the kodi log contains a lot of audio sync errors. Let me know if you need any other info. Thanks for all your work.

Here's my log file:

Kodi debug log

• No. Your log is incomplete. I am not a clairvoyant. You have to allow component specific debugging for video and a/v timing.

Sorry afl1 , here we go, a/v timing and video enabled. Please let me know if I need to provide other things.

Just search for "seek", this is how I make it work again after the video is stuttering endlessly.

a/v timing video log

• Your light source was flickering in the right frequency, around 38kHz, while dying.

• afl1 and GDPR-2:

I compiled the lastest devel Kodi-Leia version r27869-g66b09e6 with the option

CONFIG_POST_PROCESS_MANAGER_3D_PROCESS=y

3D-handling is set now:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mod@
    current 3d mode is 0x0
    LibreELEC:~ #

There is no crash, everything is working fine, except 3D-autoswitching does not work.

If a 3D-SBS or 3D-TAB-movie is running current 3d mode remains on 0x0.

As kszaq stated, the option CONFIG_POST_PROCESS_MANAGER_3D_PROCESS is not set in Kodi-Krypton,

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode
    cat: can't open '/sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode': No such file or directory

but 3D-autoswitching is working fine in Kodi 17.6.

Do you know, who is a competent person to handle this in the Leia-code?

Is there an official PR required? How can I do this?

Edited once, last by pepeq (January 3, 2018 at 12:07 PM).

• Sorry afl1 , here we go, a/v timing and video enabled. Please let me know if I need to provide other things.

Just search for "seek", this is how I make it work again after the video is stuttering endlessly.

a/v timing video log

The last warning! I need complete log.

From your log I only see: after 08:29:38.646 demuxer decreased feeding decoder to ~ 1 fps and restarted normal feeding after skip forward at 08:30:24.901. Most likely is issue in gaining date from source, but from partial log I see nothing.

• We use different version of libamcodec.

Try revert to 2fba80c.

Use following patch:

curl -sL https://github.com/afl1/LibreELEC.tv/compare/3027b17...40aa7f5.patch | git am

• The last warning! I need complete log.

From your log I only see: after 08:29:38.646 demuxer decreased feeding decoder to ~ 1 fps and restarted normal feeding after skip forward at 08:30:24.901. Most likely is issue in gaining date from source, but from partial log I see nothing.

afl1 I uploaded it here

• Greetings. I have a Nexbox A95 (S905X) and I have been running kszaq's LE 8.2 builds for some time. I decided to test LE 9 Alpha on an SD card. Playback of h264 and h265 files works fine. However Live TV/Recordings with pvr.mythtv stutters badly and the kodi log contains a lot of audio sync errors. Let me know if you need any other info. Thanks for all your work.

Here's my log file:

Kodi debug log

THX for log file. Pls enable component specific debugging for a/v timing and video. I need more info for this issue.

• I'm compiling a copy of LE with the amcodec reverted which I suspect may be the issue, it will take a few hours though so I will post a link later on.

If it's not the issue then 3d has been broken upstream in Kodi and the best person to contact would probably be peak3d as I believe he is the current maintainer for AML in Kodi.

• afl1 I uploaded it here

As I mention in previous post your source (movie.mp4) has streaming issue. Playback starts with normal buffering level 30..40 frames but then it is decreasing, unable to reach >30 buffered frames. After 20 minutes of playback comes critical situation with very slow streaming ~1 fps. Skip foward fixed this issue, probably for another 20 minutes.

• As I mention in previous post your source (movie.mp4) has streaming issue. Playback starts with normal buffering level 30..40 frames but then it is decreasing, unable to reach >30 buffered frames. After 20 minutes of playback comes critical situation with very slow streaming ~1 fps. Skip foward fixed this issue, probably for another 20 minutes.

Thanks a lot afl1 . Isn't this interesting? How can a source slow down while streaming but speed up again after seeking? Let's consider the internet connection as stable. What can be the reason? Could it be that the file hoster or the ISP are doing some intervention there? I'm really curious, I never experienced this before.

Opening the same mp4 stream within the web browser on my pc does not show any slow down of the source.

Edited once, last by rosenrot (January 3, 2018 at 5:44 PM).

• Thanks a lot afl1 . Isn't this interesting? How can a source slow down while streaming but speed up again after seeking? Let's consider the internet connection as stable. What can be the reason? Could it be that the file hoster or the ISP are doing some intervention there? I'm really curious, I never experienced this before.

Opening the same mp4 stream within the web browser on my pc does not show any slow down of the source.

Have you tried this streaming in LE 8.2?

I see no issue in amlogic layer maybe in higher layers common for all LE builds.

• Have you tried this streaming in LE 8.2?

I see no issue in amlogic layer maybe in higher layers common for all LE builds.

I did not try it yet but what I can tell you is that I have kodi running since more than a year and only recently I saw this to happen within the last 2 months. I'm quite sure it started in LE 9 but not since the beginning of LE 9. A friend of mine reports the same issue now that I made him aware of it.

I will try to check for LE 8.2.

Edited 2 times, last by rosenrot (January 3, 2018 at 7:27 PM).