[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I am getting crazy... Did a clean instal onto a new SD card and the result is same, surround mapped to the front.

kszaq, could you help us?

halelujah!

I managed it to work finaly. The LE I did nothing but turn of an on the AVR-s auto surround mode (so nothing changed in real) but it helped, every format is perfect 7.1

Sorry for annoying too much.

Anyway, kszaq, thanks for your great work:)

• Hello, I successfully install libreElec on my S912 KM8 Pro. So far so good. I'm using a small 2GB USB drive. I have noticed that the movie and tv database scanning takes forever (compared to all my other devices that I have run Kodi on in the past) . Curious if this is normal on a S912 or if there something I can do to speed up the scan. (Scanning my movie and tv files on my ubuntu server smb sharing. Few hundred movies taking hours to build the Kodi database).

• Hello, I successfully install libreElec on my S912 KM8 Pro. So far so good. I'm using a small 2GB USB drive. I have noticed that the movie and tv database scanning takes forever (compared to all my other devices that I have run Kodi on in the past) . Curious if this is normal on a S912 or if there something I can do to speed up the scan. (Scanning my movie and tv files on my ubuntu server smb sharing. Few hundred movies taking hours to build the Kodi database).

My S912 scans ok. I'm suprised 2GB is big enough. I would, have a direct network connection to the server, wifi might be too slow.

• For those with playback problems with the DVBViewer and other PVRs, set the Settings > PVR > Playback >Fallback framerate option to 50 if you live in Europe or 59.94 is you live in USA.

• I have an MECOOL M8S Pro+ with bad eMMC memory, and made an stupid mistake to try to upgrade the Android firmware :(

I already got an refund so it's not a big problem.

I am trying to revive the box, so I can run this LibreELEC build from microSD, but I can't flash an full factory image. Mainly the system partition is problematic, because it has an large size it corrupts easily on my box. So I am trying to flash only the basic partitions to my box to boot LibreELEC.

An amlogic image has several partitions, but I am not sure which ones are needed to succesfully boot LibreELEC from microSD? I think the bootloader + recovery partitions are needed? But maybe also the boot (kernel) partition? Or does the bootloader also check if the system partition is OK?

And also if it boots where does it save the setting that it keeps on auto booting from microSD?

Wait, you got a refund and kept the box? How?

I soft bricked mine, but then was able to revive it with the usb burning tool in something something nand mode (shorting pins on the mobo) and flashed android tv 7.1 on it. It seems to work now, but I worry that it may die any day

• For reference, i just got a Tonbux T11 2nd hand for £10.
    It does have a reset button inside the AV socket.

Booted to a libreelec Micro SDcard using cocktail stick.

WIFI works, but i'm having a few strange random freeze issues.

I used gxl_p212_1g.dtb and LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.0.1.img.gz

It mainly seems to happen if I am installing an addon or starting a video.
    CPU aarch64 rev4 is reporting as 127F ( 52C) so i presume this isn't the CPU temp sensor bug?

Logs uploaded to YAfa

When reproducing the issue in these logs I installed Tvheadend, got a few freezes, then when i went to press settings to go and upload the logs, it froze for a couple of seconds. Other times it has locked up solid.

EDIT: Looks like it might be the SDcard. Installed libreelec to a Sandisk Extreme USB stick and it flies now!

Edited once, last by crunchie (October 31, 2017 at 1:43 AM).

• For those with playback problems with the DVBViewer and other PVRs, set the Settings > PVR > Playback >Fallback framerate option to 50 if you live in Europe or 59.94 is you live in USA.

this is indeed what i have been doing for stabilizing livetv. Good tip!

• I have an MECOOL M8S Pro+ with bad eMMC memory, and made an stupid mistake to try to upgrade the Android firmware :(

I already got an refund so it's not a big problem.

I am trying to revive the box, so I can run this LibreELEC build from microSD, but I can't flash an full factory image. Mainly the system partition is problematic, because it has an large size it corrupts easily on my box. So I am trying to flash only the basic partitions to my box to boot LibreELEC.

An amlogic image has several partitions, but I am not sure which ones are needed to succesfully boot LibreELEC from microSD? I think the bootloader + recovery partitions are needed? But maybe also the boot (kernel) partition? Or does the bootloader also check if the system partition is OK?

And also if it boots where does it save the setting that it keeps on auto booting from microSD?

I can not help you but can say I have one of the MeCool devices and for a while it seemed to be dead, absolutely nothing - the monitor reported no HDMI input . I made a sd recovery card, along with the reset button was able to get it back to stock. I posted what I did on Freaktab with links to the files I used. Once I got the stock android working install and using Libreelec on a sd card seems to be working fine. I say "seems to be OK " because it is not our daily player, and I only used it a few times for testing purposes. I can say it has remained on and searching/cleaning our shared databases etc all day with no problems, so I do think it is OK. I used a sd recovery card, along with the reset button. The only problem I ever had with Libreelec is using a bad device tree, but if you use the one in the original post it should be OK.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n - FreakTab.com

• I am getting crazy... Did a clean instal onto a new SD card and the result is same, surround mapped to the front.

kszaq, could you help us?

I must say that I'm not getting this problem at all on a Venz Pro10 (S905X). I ran all the usual DD, DD+, DTS, AAC, TruHD videos and they play back correctly with all the correct channel placings. AAC is converted to PCM as usual (my AV amp, like many, does not support raw AAC). My multichannel FLAC (PCM) audio files are output correctly also. Would this be an issue with the conversion from DD variants to PCM in your case? I use passthrough for all the high-res audio formats as my amp supports them.

edit - just saw your second post. You seem to be using some kind of pseudo or auto surround mode on your AV amp.

• Just installed 8.2.0.1and wondering if anyone knows how to enable both wifi and ethernet at boot.

I need to use local LAN for media, and wifi to connect to scrapers & timeserver. I can enable both and everything works but when I reboot the wifi doesn't automatically reconnect (auto connect is enabled), so I have to manually connect every boot. I tend to leave the box on so it isn't a huge deal, but it would be nice to have them both enabled automatically - anyone know of a way to do that?

• Just installed 8.2.0.1and wondering if anyone knows how to enable both wifi and ethernet at boot.

I need to use local LAN for media, and wifi to connect to scrapers & timeserver. I can enable both and everything works but when I reboot the wifi doesn't automatically reconnect (auto connect is enabled), so I have to manually connect every boot. I tend to leave the box on so it isn't a huge deal, but it would be nice to have them both enabled automatically - anyone know of a way to do that?

I think this behavior is normal. By default the priority has LAN. As long it's connected the WiFi will be disabled.

• I think this behavior is normal. By default the priority has LAN. As long it's connected the WiFi will be disabled.

I'm aware that it's default behaviour, but it's not my desired behaviour.

I've sorted it anyway, for anyone that may read in future:

cp /etc/connman/main.conf /storage/.config/connman_main.conf

append: AlwaysConnectedTechnologies = wifi,ethernet to connman_main.conf

Jobs a good 'un! :)

• Hi There,

I get the following "ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35) for https://...." in my logs on both my 905x boxes with the latest build.

Actually, i believe this may have started from 8.1.7

11:40:25.633 T:3912766368 WARNING: Process directory 'https://192.168.x.x:32400/library/parts/80384/1431692982/' does not exist - skipping scan.

11:40:25.686 T:3912766368 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35) for 1431692982

11:40:25.686 T:3912766368 WARNING: Process directory 'https://192.168.20.15:32400/library/parts/80385/1431692982/' does not exist - skipping scan.

11:40:25.739 T:3912766368 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35) for 1431692971

The user interface shows it stuck trying to read media info. I had the same problem on linux mint 18.2 and found the following solved it.

Solved - CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35)

ODROID • View topic - XBMC problem need help to sovle it.

It was all about installing/re-installing pycurl

• I have just updated my NEXBOX A95X to the latest version (8.2.0.1) and the LibreELEC system settings Addon does not start, it just says "Settings addon is not yet ready, please try again later". The debug log does not help, just says the following:

Code
    DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): start processing
    DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
    DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): the source file to load is "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py"
    DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): setting the Python path to /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings:/usr/lib/python27.zip:/usr/lib/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0
    DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): entering source directory /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings
    DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.libreelec.settings" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
    INFO: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): script successfully run
    DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------

Is this happening to someone else?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Everything works, it's just the LibreELEC settings that are not opening.

EDIT: I managed to make it work again. Just deleted "oe_settings.xml" in "addon_data" folder, restarted the device, appeared the startup wizard and completed all the steps. I had wifi enabled while ethernet cable was the main source, but i have disabled wifi because it was unnecessary. Now everything works fine. I don't know the reason for the problem, but some months ago (when updating to LE 8.2) i also had issues because the "System" tab was empty and finally it was solved by removing the custom update channel.

Edited once, last by aqf23: PROBLEM SOLVED (November 1, 2017 at 2:06 PM).

• Is it just me, or is specifying 175ms delay in advancedsettings.xml for 23-24fps material no longer neccessary with the latest build? Seems out of sync.. then I removed the xml and its in sync.

• Is it just me, or is specifying 175ms delay in advancedsettings.xml for 23-24fps material no longer neccessary with the latest build? Seems out of sync.. then I removed the xml and its in sync.

Whatever occasional/irrational syncing problems I might've had previously seem now totally gone, YMMV.

I didn't have any delays set as I usually just skipped -10s to fix the sync. Now it's spot on right from the start.