Posts by aqf23

Is the box connected via Ethernet or WiFi? .. some wireless routers isolate devices on the wireless network so e.g. WLAN connected iPad will not be able to reach WLAN connected LE device. Connecting the box to Ethernet would fix that. Or it might be the app having an issue with the SSH certificate algorithm being used (although unlikely I think).

Pls create an SD from https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreE….0.2-box.img.gz and set meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x.dtb in uEnv.ini. I doubt it will help the SSH issue but hopefully HDMI audio and the IR remote should work out-of-box now? If you're able to access the box via SSH please run "pastekodi" and share the log file URL. The dtb could use some other cleanup/changes but one step at a time.

Sorry for the long delay. Here you have the “pastekodi” return url, I’ve run it after the first boot with your version, just after the pop-up screen setup: http://ix.io/4tSf

I will now try the remote thing.

EDIT: Done the remote thing, and found out nearly the same that the CoreElec meson-ir keymap says, except the “KODI”, world symbol and backspace buttons, these last two at the bottom corners. The protocol is also “NEC”

EDIT 2: My (a little) tuned remote keymap. I cannot find a use for the “world symbol”:

Hi chewitt I have installed your 11.0.2 version with the modded DTB for the A95X. The sound seems to be working. The oem IR remote has not worked from the start, I have needed to connect a mouse.

The box gives avahi and cron errors until the second boot. It also did it on 11.0.1 oficial.

I will try to upload a log tomorrow.

Regards

Uh oh, while playing a video I’ve experienced freezes every ~30min, as if someone has pressed the “Pause” button. I have to exit the movie and then resume it until it stop again ~30min later. Nothing special, a mkv 720p x264 file. I’ve got the change refresh rate on “start/stop”. I’ve done a search and found out that this is a thing with LE, but I’ve never experienced this with Kodi before.

Is this a known issue???

Regards.

Is the box connected via Ethernet or WiFi? .. some wireless routers isolate devices on the wireless network so e.g. WLAN connected iPad will not be able to reach WLAN connected LE device. Connecting the box to Ethernet would fix that. Or it might be the app having an issue with the SSH certificate algorithm being used (although unlikely I think).

Pls create an SD from https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreE….0.2-box.img.gz and set meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x.dtb in uEnv.ini. I doubt it will help the SSH issue but hopefully HDMI audio and the IR remote should work out-of-box now? If you're able to access the box via SSH please run "pastekodi" and share the log file URL. The dtb could use some other cleanup/changes but one step at a time.

The box has been connected always through ethernet, in my house and at my friends house. At my friends house works with LibreELEC (and CoreELEC) using the iPad, so I guess that the problem is with my router.

I only have a couple of MicroSDs (one for CE and the other for LE), so as soon I can I will try it, give feedback and upload the log. Thank you!!

Regards.

Have you enabled "disable password auth" in SSH options? - this will not stop the box for prompting for a password if you connect, but it will stop passwords from ever being accepted.

Are you using the original remote for the box? .. If yes, can you share the files? - I can see the issue with audio; the required sound-card nodes are missing from meson-gxl-s905-nexbox-a95x.dts. This is simple to fix and I would like to add audio/remote and have you test.

Hey! Thanks for replying. I tried the “disable password auth” too, that is what I meant with “tried without password”, sorry for the wrong explanation.

In my house it is not working, but I have tried at a friends house with a better router and both LE (and CE) work over SSH!! There must be something going on with my OEM router. I’m so sorry for wasting your time :( BTW, I’m using “Termius” on the iPad.

About the remote, yes, I’m using the original remote. I’m using the meson-ir files from here: https://github.com/CoreELEC/remot…R/NexBox%20A95X

I paste “a95x” on “.config/rc_keymaps/” folder and “rc_maps.cfg” on “.config/“

About the DTB, I will be happy to test it. Are there important differences between the generic and the specific A95X one??

Regards.

Hi,

So, LE 11.0.1 works perfectly fine as far as I’ve tested (the specific DTB has no sound but the generic works), even the remote works with the meson files that I’m using on CE. Bought a new fast MicroSD and it’s nearly as fast as I remember it was on emmc. It is a clean installation.

Today, due to a malfunctioning addon, the creator has asked me to test a couple of things through SSH, but to my surprise I’ve not been able to make my iPad, iPhone, MacOS nor W11 to connect to it with u:“root” & p:”libreelec”, also tried without password. Tested also in a friends house to discard the router. Doing a “ping” to the box works.

I’ve searched for the problem without luck. Am I missing something?? Is there anything in my hand to make it work??

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

^ that is NOT going to happen, even if you do manage to install something: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#install2internal

As long as I can avoid spending 120€ on a desktop RPi4 build just to test if LE solves the my CE connection issues, I have no problem with a little bit of choppiness, because once that I prove that it works, the purchase will be justified.

My bigger problem is that I’ve not done nothing strange but I seem to be the only one that cannot make it work on a A95X-B7N, but from experience I bet that has something to do with the DTB (with CE there are differences with 1-2-3G RAM for example). I hope that the OP or other owner can help me.

EDIT: This box can only boot from the MicroSD card, from the USB it won’t boot. Also, for future CE user reference, the method with the DTB is different to CE, the DTB file name has to be placed on “uEnv.ini” instead of pasting it on the root and naming it “dtb.img” as with CE. Also, the meson-ir files for the remotes from CE work perfectly with LE 11.

Hi. Sorry for the off-topic, but how have you been able to make LE work on your box??

I had CE 20.1 installed in mine (dual boot), reflashed the emmc through USB with the official ROM from Nexbox to Android 7.1 to remove CE. I’ve tried EVERY DTB file from the latest generic Amlogic 11 version on my A95X-B7N 2G /16GB but I get always “No signal” and if I reconnect the cable the screen stays black.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

PS: I need LE because one of the addons that I use has certain SSL requirements that won’t work with CE according to the creator.

PS2: I have had to get CE working again on a MicroSD card. At least I had a backup, will work, choppy but better than anything. I really hope to make LE work and install to internal in the future.

I have just updated my NEXBOX A95X to the latest version (8.2.0.1) and the LibreELEC system settings Addon does not start, it just says "Settings addon is not yet ready, please try again later". The debug log does not help, just says the following:

Code
    DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): start processing
    DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
    DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): the source file to load is "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py"
    DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): setting the Python path to /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings:/usr/lib/python27.zip:/usr/lib/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0
    DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): entering source directory /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings
    DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.libreelec.settings" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
    INFO: CPythonInvoker(67, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py): script successfully run
    DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------

Is this happening to someone else?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Everything works, it's just the LibreELEC settings that are not opening.

EDIT: I managed to make it work again. Just deleted "oe_settings.xml" in "addon_data" folder, restarted the device, appeared the startup wizard and completed all the steps. I had wifi enabled while ethernet cable was the main source, but i have disabled wifi because it was unnecessary. Now everything works fine. I don't know the reason for the problem, but some months ago (when updating to LE 8.2) i also had issues because the "System" tab was empty and finally it was solved by removing the custom update channel.

Hi, it's my first post in the forum, but i have been using LibreElec on a Nexbox A95X 2/16 for some months. First of all I'd like to say THANK YOU to kszaq and all the people that makes LE posible for your superb work.

I have been using LE on a cheap and old 2GB card until today. It was laggy and scanning for new content took too much time (seconds on KODI for Android, MacOs and iOS, and hours in LE), so i thought that it would be the card, so i have purchased today a Lexar 300x 32GB (a highly recommended card) and updated LE to the latest version. Now LE is as smooth as KODI in any other device, but when scanning for new content in the library continues taking hours for the scraper, and the strange thing is that I have not found much info about this behavior. I'm using TVDB for TV Shows and I'm connected over a 5Ghz Wifi network (about 30mbps of constant download speed from the box) . Should it take so much time to scan for the scraper??

Thanks.

EDIT: When i say "scanning for new content" i mean adding new content. If there is nothing new it takes less than 5 seconds to dissapear the notification bar.