Nexbox A95X s905x 2g/16g LE11.0.0 Install to eMMC? Command not working.

• Hello. I've got LE11 on my old s905x A95X box and it's working very well via SDcard, but sometimes it's slow when clicking through menus. A few years ago I had an early LE that I had installed to eMMC that was super fast and I'd like that back. But the "installtointernal" command via SSh isn't working. I just get a not found error. 2g/16g version. Any ideas please?

• Please read https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#install2internal .. in short, that script isn't usable now.

I'm working on an approach for user-driven tweaking of the speeds that the mmc controller runs the SD card at. There are silicon bugs in the Amlogic controller that cause stability issues at higher speeds so most boards are currently and deliberatly underclocked to use a safe "runs everywhere" 50MHz speed. Most (but not all) boards will support this being raised to 100MHz with UHS modes enabled, and some might even tolerate 150MHz, but i'm confident none will reliably run at the 200MHz rate used in the vendor kernel. Amlogic implemented some hacky and unsafe workarounds for the vendor kernel to run that fast; and those changes would never be accepted into the usptream kernel.

• Please read https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#install2internal .. in short, that script isn't usable now.

I'm working on an approach for user-driven tweaking of the speeds that the mmc controller runs the SD card at. There are silicon bugs in the Amlogic controller that cause stability issues at higher speeds so most boards are currently and deliberatly underclocked to use a safe "runs everywhere" 50MHz speed. Most (but not all) boards will support this being raised to 100MHz with UHS modes enabled, and some might even tolerate 150MHz, but i'm confident none will reliably run at the 200MHz rate used in the vendor kernel. Amlogic implemented some hacky and unsafe workarounds for the vendor kernel to run that fast; and those changes would never be accepted into the usptream kernel.

That would be great! Will sit tight for now, thanks.

• Hi. Sorry for the off-topic, but how have you been able to make LE work on your box??

I had CE 20.1 installed in mine (dual boot), reflashed the emmc through USB with the official ROM from Nexbox to Android 7.1 to remove CE. I’ve tried EVERY DTB file from the latest generic Amlogic 11 version on my A95X-B7N 2G /16GB but I get always “No signal” and if I reconnect the cable the screen stays black.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

PS: I need LE because one of the addons that I use has certain SSL requirements that won’t work with CE according to the creator.

PS2: I have had to get CE working again on a MicroSD card. At least I had a backup, will work, choppy but better than anything. I really hope to make LE work and install to internal in the future.

• ^ that is NOT going to happen, even if you do manage to install something: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#install2internal

As long as I can avoid spending 120€ on a desktop RPi4 build just to test if LE solves the my CE connection issues, I have no problem with a little bit of choppiness, because once that I prove that it works, the purchase will be justified.

My bigger problem is that I’ve not done nothing strange but I seem to be the only one that cannot make it work on a A95X-B7N, but from experience I bet that has something to do with the DTB (with CE there are differences with 1-2-3G RAM for example). I hope that the OP or other owner can help me.

EDIT: This box can only boot from the MicroSD card, from the USB it won’t boot. Also, for future CE user reference, the method with the DTB is different to CE, the DTB file name has to be placed on “uEnv.ini” instead of pasting it on the root and naming it “dtb.img” as with CE. Also, the meson-ir files for the remotes from CE work perfectly with LE 11.

Edited 2 times, last by aqf23: Got LE working finally (April 1, 2023 at 9:02 PM).

• One of the niceties of the upstream kernel is that we don't ever need to care about 1G/2G/3G RAM configurations of boards; the kernel works with whatever u-boot makes available. And yes the boot process is different (which is clearly stated in release notes and wiki, but not all users read them). The differences are in part to align with other LE platforms; but also deliberate to force clean installs and thus sidestep the carnage that comes with the Kodi Python2 > Python3 changes between legacy and current images.