[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi unfortunately nobody responded regarding the PVR client. If somebody has a solution this would be help a lot, I encountered similar threads about the vu client in libreelec and no solution yet found.

Yes, i have the same ‘issue’ here using another backend (dvblogic).

In my case, it takes a couple of retries installing (like you described), after which it is correctly installed.

To avoid this error on reboot i had to set a dhcp reserved address to be assigned (vs static ip) AND set kodi to wait for network ( for 5 seconds). This works around it nicely.

Good luck.

• Guys I'm using the latest kszaq build on my tanix tx3 mini everything works great, and I want to play some emulation games like PS 1 games etc.. Is there a tutorial on how to do that ? I'm sorry I'm new to kodi and media center stuff.

• Yes, i have the same ‘issue’ here using another backend (dvblogic).

In my case, it takes a couple of retries installing (like you described), after which it is correctly installed.

To avoid this error on reboot i had to set a dhcp reserved address to be assigned (vs static ip) AND set kodi to wait for network ( for 5 seconds). This works around it nicely.

Good luck.

Not sure if this is relevant, I had problems with my tvheadend on my NUC. I uninstalled the backend, & client, rebooted, then ran the addon kcleaner. I was then able to install tvh again.

Failing that, try deleting the pvr files via ssh. (I use ftpcore lite)

• On my memobox UFO (s905x) the last version of libreelec which does not tint display is 7.x, 8.x and beta 9.x all suffer from massive purple tint. Would love to help with solving this issue if there is anything I can help with please let me know. Thanks

• @Poklop maybe try new HDMI cables, HDMI v2.0 or better, and see if problem persists. And try a different source e.g. Bluray player to ensure the problem is not with TV settings. I state the obvious, because sometimes the solution is hiding in plain sight. :)

• i would but I don't have the box yet.

Someone local is having a clear out so wondered if it was worth a punt on buying it.

Looking at all that has been posted here over the course of 89 pages, probably the worst that can happen is no wifi/bluetooth. It appears that MOST of the cheap 905/905x boxes seem fairly common with regards to design..

I wouldn't pay a lot for it, you can pick up a 1/8 box from one of the big Chinese sellers for £20 odd,,

• @Poklop maybe try new HDMI cables, HDMI v2.0 or better, and see if problem persists. And try a different source e.g. Bluray player to ensure the problem is not with TV settings. I state the obvious, because sometimes the solution is hiding in plain sight. :)

Been there, tried that:) As mentioned earlier,7.x branch works fine

You Must Provide Logs Or you May Be Ignored. Link #1

It is known problem, not a bug report, logs won't help I guess.

• Yes, i have the same ‘issue’ here using another backend (dvblogic).

Good luck.

Not sure if this is relevant, I had problems with my tvheadend on my NUC. I uninstalled the backend, & client, rebooted, then ran the addon kcleaner. I was then able to install tvh again.

Failing that, try deleting the pvr files via ssh. (I use ftpcore lite)

Thanks guys, the vu client is working like a charm right now! Now I am searching for a way to get the vu client talk to my enigma receiver outside my Lan network for when I am travelling and bringing my libreElec device with me.

Since upgrading this year my enigma receiver with the newest openatv images I found out that openatv prohibited it reaching the receiver in wan through standard openwebif (like it used to do earlier) due to unsafety reasons of the receiver being taken over. Now you need to use a VPN to be able to talk to your receiver in WAN i guess, but this is probably material for another thread/forum. Anyway thanks and good to know that this vu client issue was not libreElec related.

• I have an MECOOL M8S Pro+ with bad eMMC memory, and made an stupid mistake to try to upgrade the Android firmware :(

I already got an refund so it's not a big problem.

I am trying to revive the box, so I can run this LibreELEC build from microSD, but I can't flash an full factory image. Mainly the system partition is problematic, because it has an large size it corrupts easily on my box. So I am trying to flash only the basic partitions to my box to boot LibreELEC.

An amlogic image has several partitions, but I am not sure which ones are needed to succesfully boot LibreELEC from microSD? I think the bootloader + recovery partitions are needed? But maybe also the boot (kernel) partition? Or does the bootloader also check if the system partition is OK?

And also if it boots where does it save the setting that it keeps on auto booting from microSD?

• Same here on 8.1.10. Surround channels are sounds on fronts.

in addition, I tried the old dtb too, box works but surround mapped to front. tried several older versions (downgraded through update folder), without no change. and - the worst thing - I downgraded to the original 8.0.2e by the same way and the result is the same... now I trie clean install

(again, MX64, 2G/1Gbit)

• I have an MECOOL M8S Pro+ with bad eMMC memory, and made an stupid mistake to try to upgrade the Android firmware :(

I already got an refund so it's not a big problem.

I am trying to revive the box, so I can run this LibreELEC build from microSD, but I can't flash an full factory image. Mainly the system partition is problematic, because it has an large size it corrupts easily on my box. So I am trying to flash only the basic partitions to my box to boot LibreELEC.

An amlogic image has several partitions, but I am not sure which ones are needed to succesfully boot LibreELEC from microSD? I think the bootloader + recovery partitions are needed? But maybe also the boot (kernel) partition? Or does the bootloader also check if the system partition is OK?

And also if it boots where does it save the setting that it keeps on auto booting from microSD?

I don't know about bootloaders, but you have nothing to lose, by burning an image to sd, with the correct device tree, & then try it.

After the first boot, (use reset button) it should always boot the sd card first.

• in addition, I tried the old dtb too, box works but surround mapped to front. tried several older versions (downgraded through update folder), without no change. and - the worst thing - I downgraded to the original 8.0.2e by the same way and the result is the same... now I trie clean install

(again, MX64, 2G/1Gbit)

I am getting crazy... Did a clean instal onto a new SD card and the result is same, surround mapped to the front.

kszaq, could you help us?