Posts by Jeroen06

The latest 8.90.4 build is running great on my X96 Mini (S905W). I used the specific S905W DTB: gxl_p281_1g.dtb.

Only weird thing with these S905W boxes is still the deinterlacing. Some 1080i material via an TvHeadend server is showing weird artifacts (green/pinks lines) after a few seconds. For example look at this topic: X96 mini - green/pink lanes on picture

When setting this via SSH it is fixed 'echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all'

But if I understand correctly the Amlogic deinterlacing is turned off completely with this command? So it only is an workaround?

I don't really see any difference when watching interlaced material, maybe my TV is deinterlacing when bypass_all = 1? (on 1080p output?)

I can provide examples of problematic 1080i files, if someone wants to look into this problem?

I have an MECOOL M8S Pro+ with bad eMMC memory, and made an stupid mistake to try to upgrade the Android firmware :(

I already got an refund so it's not a big problem.

I am trying to revive the box, so I can run this LibreELEC build from microSD, but I can't flash an full factory image. Mainly the system partition is problematic, because it has an large size it corrupts easily on my box. So I am trying to flash only the basic partitions to my box to boot LibreELEC.

An amlogic image has several partitions, but I am not sure which ones are needed to succesfully boot LibreELEC from microSD? I think the bootloader + recovery partitions are needed? But maybe also the boot (kernel) partition? Or does the bootloader also check if the system partition is OK?

And also if it boots where does it save the setting that it keeps on auto booting from microSD?