S905 builds - general discussion

• Wtf?! Those two repositories have normal legal addons,
    I am not talking about warez stuff or something like that.
    I would understand that.

Also, they work on both my Pis, just not on Libreelec.

Not your forum, not your rules.

One thing for sure is that you are not getting any help here without following them.

I would understand that.

I guess all the studio's and TV networks give all their content away $FREE to anyone with a "fully loaded" Kodi box just because they are nice lovely people .. goodness of their own hearts etc. ~ or perhaps there is another explanation behind all the pirate streaming crapware in those repo's. Yes there are few legitimate things, but they are few, and you can always install the zip for a legitmate add-on without adding the entire banned repo and all its security risks to your LE install.

It's a long-standing position in our and Kodi forums, and there are no exceptions granted.

• I tried to install several addons from the Superrepo
    or Fusion repositories, but they do not seem to work
    on a Libreelec/Kodi build. They even fail to install.

We cannot verify which those "several" addons are. And as it stands, these repos are on Kodi's blacklist for obvious reasons. The rules still apply.

• not sure if this is the correct forum to post
    seems to be a big mashup of everyones' issues questions etc..
    not sure how its maintained.......... but

I have use LE on a measy b4ts (7.xx.001 and 7.xx.005) versions and also on
    a new 2x8 A95X ( S905X ) with every 7.x and 8.x verson with the same type of behavior

you go an play something online (hgtv or liveleak ....) and it get a "working" at the bottom right taht sits there for 20 secs to 1.5 mins and during this time playback is normal BUT remote does not respond to any requests until that delay is gone
    Other thing that is similar, is when you are in the middle of playback and you press it to pause, and play again...... the display that you see will not go away (not even wtiht back button). after about 20 secs to 1.5 mins again, that display will go away and remote functions again.
    just to note, it happens a lot with local files on file server....

It behaves like something is using up CPU resources but you can't get into there to see it.....

Anyone else see this behavior ??

• Hi All,

I have a Beelink MIII II S905X running 7.0.3.012c 32bit. The remote does not work even a little bit. I was on build 7.0.3.009 64bit and it worked just fine.

Does anyone have a working remote.conf for this build they could share with me. Or please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

• I have a question about playback of 23.276 H264 material (generally 1080p) - exactly how smooth should playback be on S905 boxes?

I have several MXQ Pro S905 boxes running either 7.0.3.12 or the 8.0 Beta, and the vast majority of stuff I play is H264 encoded. For the most part playback is smooth, but I do see the occasional stutter which I am quite sensitive to, and so tend to notice it more (this is on both 7.0.3.12 and 8.0). It doesn't seem to be anything to do with the way the material is encoded as if I notice a stutter and jump back and play the scene again, it will play smoothly. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it although subjectively it may happen more on fast action scenes, but that's not always the case. It may happen every few minutes or it may play fine for 20 minutes and then stutter - it's very hit and miss.

My main playback box is an Intel NUC and this is always silky-smooth on the same material so what I'm asking is SHOULD these boxes playback 23.976 H264 without stutter or am I expecting too much in comparing them to a NUC? I do playback occasional 25fps stuff and never see this problem. I know we are seeing patches applied all the time to fix playback but I've seen this issue ever since I bought these boxes last year and have been through all the releases that have been made.

What is everyone else's experience with this?

• Are you using addons that start their own processes in the background? Cpu-intensive processes can interfere with playback.

Not that I'm aware of. My Beta 8 box is pretty clean, although I am using the Aeon Nox skin across all my boxes but I'm not aware that starts any processes that may cause this.

I would understand that.

Also, they work on both my Pis, just not on Libreelec.

You should at least take the time to read some very basic rules when entering a forum.

Edited once, last by atreyu (January 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM).

• Hope someone can help me...

I am trying to flash this on a "A95X" it seems to be a mxq, and is based on s905 (not s905x)...

I have burnt "LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.011.img.gz" using the LE tool to a sd card (have tried USB and SDCard) and have placed "gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb" on it as dtb.img...

When I reboot to recovery, I see the screen go blank for a few seconds, then "Rebooting..." in yellow is displayed in the bottom left and it boots to android...

I have flashed builds on Mk808/mk808b+ and other mxq (805) boxes before, so im not a complete noob...

Any help would be really appreciated :)

• That is not the case. From the original installation description:

Download a device tree, rename it to dtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there.

• Go to settings add-ons, expert mode and enable unknown sources... New feature implemented into Kodi 17...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Edited once, last by o10x (January 22, 2017 at 1:36 AM).

• I guess that`s the same on all platforms. Very annoying indeed.