Posts by karl0ss

Someone please help me, these bloody boxes...

I have an all black mxq, board says "hd18q_v1.0"

I have tried flashing the sd image "LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.3.3c.img.gz" to an sd card and tried the toothpick method and the "reboot update" method, the box just hangs on the "MXQ" screen, and never flashes, if i take the sd card out and try, I get taken to the default recovery, I just can't work the box out..

I have flashed "cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级" on the box, and android boots, but no wifi, so I found "amlogic-s805-mxq-ota-s1.5-20150604" and i read this is the correct rom, but this doesn't seem to boot atall...

Hopefully someone with this box can shed some light on how i can get libreelec running on this bugger...

Thanks

Karl

Just flashed the latest on my mxq box, all working fine, apart from SSH, it's enabled in libreelec config, but I just get connection refused, samba shares work, I have reflashed, but it's the same...I've also tried over wi-fi and Lan...anyone have any idea? As I want to install to internal..

Thanks

Can you boot into Android and install/run CPU-Z ?

I will do that now, I can def boot android, and I can install cpu-z, what you want me to look for?

thank you for taking the time to help me..

I have 4 805 boxes, and never had anywhere near this issue with them :(

UPDATE -
    CPU-Z Details
    Cores - 4
    Architecture - 4x ARM Cortex-A5 @ 1.54GHz
    GPU Vendor - ARM
    GPU Renderer - Mali-450MP
    Model - MXQ
    Manufacture - MBX
    Hardware - amlogic

UPDATE 2 -
    I guess being only a quad core it isn't a 905 but a 805? Will try that build..

UPDATE 3 -
    SUCCESS! Thanks for your help guys, don't know what led me to think the box was 905 :)

I really dont understand what is going on, these damn 905 boxes, i have a "OTT TV BOX 4X", maybe its a x905 not s905?...

The board has no real markings on it but "MXQ Ver2.0"

I have burnt the libreelec 7 img to a sd card and have tried a USB key.., and have updated the dtb file, but no matter what I do, my box just reboots to android recovery, I have tried every method, but all I get is recovery screen, it doesn't boot libreelec...what can I be doing wrong?

Hope someone can help, have a very disappointed son at the moment...

Hey,

I have just done an upgrade from OE on my MK808B+ to LE (LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.3.3c) but I seem to have lost wifi on the stick, and can't work out how to get it back?

Can someone help me out please

Thanks

UPDATE -
    WIFI started working after a reboot.

Hope someone can help me...

I am trying to flash this on a "A95X" it seems to be a mxq, and is based on s905 (not s905x)...

I have burnt "LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.011.img.gz" using the LE tool to a sd card (have tried USB and SDCard) and have placed "gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb" on it as dtb.img...

When I reboot to recovery, I see the screen go blank for a few seconds, then "Rebooting..." in yellow is displayed in the bottom left and it boots to android...

I have flashed builds on Mk808/mk808b+ and other mxq (805) boxes before, so im not a complete noob...

Any help would be really appreciated :)