S905 builds - general discussion

• Only microSD :) Installation - LibreELEC and LibreELEC

• You should run make amlpkg to get both SD card image and update ZIP.

Thank you very much, I finally make it !
    [hr]
    Hi gus,

I just replaced my RPi2 running OpenElec with a Mini M8S running LibreElec, and that's really nice (much more fluent and HEVC + 4K support).
    The last thing which is a little bit tricky, is the remote : as seen in the last posts on this topic, I replace the remote.conf with a Pivos remote.conf file, and trying to tweak it... but still it is a pain in the ass ! BTW, I have a Logitech Harmony Touch.

Have you already work to remove the android remote system and just use the IR receiver as a simple IR receiver ? In that cas I just could keep my OpenElec definition and harmony touch remote controlling a simple MCE system.

Thank you

Edited once, last by horfee (August 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM).

• Under "installation" I see two parts: SD and NAND. I guess, I just have to do the
    SD part, right?

Yes, you would do the SD part, though there is a bit more work if the recovery toothpick method doesn't work. Nothing hard but try the toothpick recovery first and post back if any issues. I had no problem with my A95X s905 but did on my OTT TV MXQ Pro 4k box.

• Under "installation" I see two parts: SD and NAND. I guess, I just have to do the
    SD part, right?

Yes.

What I did to make my own system : I clone the git repository, then I ran PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j15 amlpkg.
    After That I obtain multiple files, including a file named ./target/LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.005.zip.
    I unzipped this file on my sdcard (there were 3 files : aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml and LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002-update.zip).
    I inserted the SD Card, then I used the toothpick method, and rebooted.
    Once finished the system restarts and boots directly to LibreELEC.

The compilation part took approximatively 3hours on my MacBookPro (I built the system in an ubuntu VM running on my mac)

• Bluetooth works for me but i dont really use it.

The remote is really crap. Multiple presses for commands and pointing direct to box.
    I use a really cheap rc120 Airmouse.
    Love it.

Am using this exact remote. Works very nice, although the odd position of "O" and "P" keys somehow annoy me.

Have not tried yet my spare Mele F10 Pro with my unit.

• Hi guys,

I ordered a MXQ Pro 4K to replace my RPi with Openelec. The problem i had with the RPi is that it corrupts my SD card very often. What is the chance that this will also happen to an Android box with Libreelec installed on a SD card?

Is it maybe better to install Libreelec to NAND after first trying the SD card method?

• Hi guys,

I ordered a MXQ Pro 4K to replace my RPi with Openelec. The problem i had with the RPi is that it corrupts my SD card very often. What is the chance that this will also happen to an Android box with Libreelec installed on a SD card?

Is it maybe better to install Libreelec to NAND after first trying the SD card method?

I can't remember the last time I had sd card corruption on the pi - it was well over a year ago, and I have at least a couple running 24 / 7. So 'very often' sounds like something's wrong.
    No problems so far using an sd card on a mini mxiii. It's early days - but if you have a backup it's no big deal.

• Well my pi's corrupt cards every few months. Except that one with OE. Rasbian + TVHeadend kills card quickly. I have to test this new booting method that allow booting directly from sda without berryboot.

Edited once, last by Szymon_Zy (August 12, 2016 at 7:42 PM).

• Hello everyone. I want to thank those who are responsible for the 905 builds. It's pretty impressive what my beelink mini mxiii box can do when using libreELEC.

Everything seems to be working great except for one issue. I get a constant buffering about every 15 seconds while playing a udp stream. Specifically an iptv add-on. I've noticed another user mention it as well.

I'm using the Beelink Mini MXIII 2gb/16gb version

Edited once, last by baseballguy26 (August 12, 2016 at 10:48 PM).

• baseballguy26:

FYI, Kodi as well as LibreELEC have a clear policy on addons which are deemed illegal. No discussion will be allowed or support given regarding these addons on this forum or in our IRC channel. So any problems caused by these addons will be have to be solved either by the addon-makers themselves or others. Simply put: it's not our problem.

Sorry. I've edited my post and won't do anything like this again.

• my MiniMX-G works just fine on 7.0.2.005

These two MiniMX 2/16GB do not work with 7.0.2.005, as stated. What significance is the -G bit? The model of these is simply MiniMX.

I haven't bothered with the 7.0.2.004 build since the latest one was supposed to cure some bugs in that build (so no point loading the build with bugs in LOL)