Posts by horfee

Hi,

It is a little bit better, but still the stream is lagging.

I activated again the debug mode :

- when the stream is trying to be played (it is laggy), the display drops a 11FPS.

- when the stream is buffering (displaying the little round buffering indicator in the middle of the screen) the display is back to around 45FPS (it is buffering for 1second, then laggy for 3-4seconds, then buffering again, etc.)

during playing this stream, the debug info on the screen also display CPU-KODI: around 55%

Back on the 8.1.8, same stream/channel does not have any issue, and CPU-KODI=around 52%, and FPS=around 25FPS

Hello,

I am facing stuttering issue when accessing live-tv.

I did not have this issue on 8.1.8 (I had a s905 box on which I restore the version 8.1.8 to not have this problem).

As soon as I try to watch live tv from my DVBLink server, over wifi or ethernet, the image is buffering or lagging a lot. I tried different channel with different quality, but still the same.

The classic video are not affected and are played smoothly.

What do you think it could be ?

Thanks

Hello,

Since version 8.1.9, I am experienced stuttering with live-tv (using dvblink pvr client). On my computer, same configuration, I do not have any problem. I rollbacked to v8.1.8, and the issue has gone.

Does anyone have experienced this also ? Is there any fix regarding this ?

Thank you

Hi,

I tried to compile on my own LE from kszaq, but it failed.
    Here is how I proceeded : (on Ubuntu 16.10 64bits)

Code
    sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
    git clone https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git checkout 7.0.3.012h
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make -j4 amlpkg

But it failed after a while with this results :

Have you ever faced this issue ?

I tried to compile LibreELEC from official repo, for RPi2, without problem... So I guess it is related to the kszaq build...
    I also noticed that official repo use gcc-6.2, instead gcc-5.3 used here. Do you know how to update it to use 6.2 ?

Thank

Hi,

I am trying to compile the 7.0.3.012g, and it is failing :

Code
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make -j13 amlpkg

And here is the output I get

I have the same output if I select Rpi2 project...
    Any idea ?
    I am trying to compile with Ubuntu 16.10 64bits

Hi,

As kszaq is posting images for the LE release, is it possible to implement the auto update feature, (maybe just adding a new option to pre-set the dtb omg to fetch from the server) and download automatically the two files from LE ?

It would be nice to have that back again !

Under "installation" I see two parts: SD and NAND. I guess, I just have to do the
    SD part, right?

Yes.

What I did to make my own system : I clone the git repository, then I ran PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j15 amlpkg.
    After That I obtain multiple files, including a file named ./target/LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.005.zip.
    I unzipped this file on my sdcard (there were 3 files : aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml and LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002-update.zip).
    I inserted the SD Card, then I used the toothpick method, and rebooted.
    Once finished the system restarts and boots directly to LibreELEC.

The compilation part took approximatively 3hours on my MacBookPro (I built the system in an ubuntu VM running on my mac)

You should run make amlpkg to get both SD card image and update ZIP.

Thank you very much, I finally make it !
    [hr]
    Hi gus,

I just replaced my RPi2 running OpenElec with a Mini M8S running LibreElec, and that's really nice (much more fluent and HEVC + 4K support).
    The last thing which is a little bit tricky, is the remote : as seen in the last posts on this topic, I replace the remote.conf with a Pivos remote.conf file, and trying to tweak it... but still it is a pain in the ass ! BTW, I have a Logitech Harmony Touch.

Have you already work to remove the android remote system and just use the IR receiver as a simple IR receiver ? In that cas I just could keep my OpenElec definition and harmony touch remote controlling a simple MCE system.

Thank you