S905 builds - general discussion

• Use the toothpick method for first boot or just select a zip in the update app. Read post a few pages back that has all the details

ok i have do it , when appears the logo remove the tooth , after the reboot libreelec start but if i remove the sd at the second restar return to andorid...why??wrote nothing?
    [hr]

ok i have do it , when appears the logo remove the tooth , after the reboot libreelec start but if i remove the sd at the second restar return to andorid...why??wrote nothing?

update from zip error
    e :footer is wrong
    e: signature verification failed
    installation aborted
    ?????????????
    HELP

Edited once, last by crx73 (August 9, 2016 at 7:00 PM).

• Have I understood what you said? "but if i remove the sd at the second restar return to andorid...why??wrote nothing?" you don't remove the sd card. The idea is the image is on the sd card & you boot that, if you remove the sd card, it will just reboot to android.

Just try creating the image using rufus,

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (August 9, 2016 at 7:18 PM).

• Try turning off "Adjust display refresh rate" under settings/video/playback.

Hi guys

i have been away for the last couple of weeks, so an update aparently the issue was on the TVheadend plugin..

i have uninstalled it, then installed PVR Simple IPTV plugin configured it and i have all my channels working back and i can zap trough them normally the screen issue is gone.

Aldo i still have one thing that bugs me hehehehe

the reboot button via the web GUI its not working, i mean it shutdowns the OTT MXQ pro i have to unplug and plug back the Power Mains cable to resolve the issue, is there a solution for this already maybe ?

also live tv auto start up configured on livetv settings continue last channel on startup foreground its not working i have to go manually each time to live tv to disable and enable live tv , only after that it will download the channel list.

whilst the same feature on the Amlogic s805 with librelec 7.0.04 is working great.
    [hr]
    Also

sidenote this option "Adjust display refresh rate" under settings/video/playback."

fixes the Image screen issue i have posted above with my previous picture post.

Go on System / Live TV / Playback / Press Left Arrow button / Change settings Level to Advanced , this way you will see the advance layout features / Adjust display refresh rate / disable it , switch off .

I had a initial problem with live tv whilst zapping channels, i tought was the TVheadend plugin, then just now it happened again with the PlexXBMC client plugin whilst watching a movie, so i disabled it and problem disappeard.

Edited once, last by tester100 (August 9, 2016 at 10:06 PM).

• this gui error can be fixed by

- booting in android mode, set screen size to 1920 x 1080p
    - booting in libreelec mode, set screen size to 1920 x 1080p

that did it for me

• this gui error can be fixed by

- booting in android mode, set screen size to 1920 x 1080p
    - booting in libreelec mode, set screen size to 1920 x 1080p

that did it for me

But only if you have a dual boot device
    For me with the wetek hub, it works ;)

• Hi,

Sorry I am quite new.
    I successfully ran the make image command.
    But how do I generate the update.zip, to update my android OS to LibreElec ?
    Thank you

Please search the thread as myself any others have explained this over and over.

• I've got the similar problem like Jed Wrote. I've old Panasonic plasma (HD READY) Resolution 1024*768. LibreElec 7.0.2.4 oand LibreElec 7.0.2.5 default booting in 1920X1080P so my tv shows only black screen. In Openelec as I remeber default was a lower resolution.
    Kszaq - is it possible to correct this problem in LibreElec 7.0.2.6 ??

• Kyniol_73 Default resolution is determined by device tree. The value is overridden from 7.0.2.003 on.

Try doing this:

• download zip file with 7.0.2.002 build
    • extract aml_autoscript from that ZIP to your SD card - don't replace other files
    • use toothpick method to boot
  • @kostaman Have you found a way to overcome the lack of options on the MiniMX remote?
    I use a Harmony remote to control these boxes, but since there are very few buttons on the MiniMX remote, I have lost a lot of useful functions with the Harmony remote.

Also Bluetooth is not recognised - Is that what you have found?

Edited once, last by Poida (August 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM).

• @kostaman Have you found a way to overcome the lack of options on the MiniMX remote?
    I use a Harmony remote to control these boxes, but since there are very few buttons on the MiniMX remote, I have lost a lot of useful functions with the Harmony remote.

Bluetooth works for me but i dont really use it.

The remote is really crap. Multiple presses for commands and pointing direct to box.
    I use a really cheap rc120 Airmouse.
    Love it.

Stick it (the original remote) in a drawer, delete it from your Harmony and use a different remote.conf with more options.
    I'm using a minimxiii with a remote.conf from a pivos xios ds - there are about 50 discrete inputs in the Harmony profile, so comparable to an mce. It's not perfect - needs some tweaking, which I'm slowly doing - but I have lots of buttons.
    This is where I'm at so far - I've stuck the key id's for existing buttons in there to help me map my keyboard.xml.

The only problem I'm having now is key repeats, which can be worked around in keyboard.xml by giving the same function to <longpress>.
    If you change your remote then you'll need to learn the power-on command from your original, as it's hard-coded to the box.

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 11, 2016 at 12:33 PM).

• @

The reciever in these clones seems quite good - I can point the remote pretty much anywhere and it works

@trogggy I'll look into that - thanks

I am 4 metres away from the MiniMX box and it is really bad compared to my all black MXQ S805.
    You might be a bit closer distance than me.

• Hi guys,

I bought a MXQ PRO OTT TV Box to exchange one of my
    Raspberry Pis with Xbian, because I needed/wanted the
    support of small HEVC files in my Kodi database.

Now, some guys told me, I should not use the existing
    Android system, but a Libreelec build, which is why I came
    here right now.

Up to now I have not done anything with it and I just need
    to have the OS and Kodi running. The box is still in its original
    package.

I guess, I just need a MicroSD (-X) and ethernet access to
    my network.

Is there a simple/straight-forward tutorial what to do now
    for getting the OS and Kodi running on that box?

Edited once, last by sYCO (August 11, 2016 at 2:45 PM).