Posts by puked

yeah - indeed it does :/ - and why must it be just libreelec where it fails :( - everything else i`ve thrown it at works :_(

I have ordered one which is hopefully an ASIX AX88178 - luckily these things are dirt cheap... "biggest" problem is the time it takes to ship here from china...

Thank you for your help though!

hm :/

your adapter uses the r8152.ko module, too. as expected.

lsusb gives me:

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 035: ID 0bda:8153 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8153 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Bus 001 Device 034: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub

Bus 001 Device 033: ID 13fe:5500 Kingston Technology Company Inc.

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

but:

ethtool eth1|grep -i speed

Speed: 100Mb/s

damn :( - I have no idea

thank you

Adapter works oob with LE 7.95b
    Iperf reports 180-330 Mbit

jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv runnig smooth :exclamation:

BTW:
    Adapter is not working with Stock Android

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread.

I have an adapter with the same chip, but I can`t get it to work. Well, it works - but only 100 Mbit. (Last version from kszaq).

Here is what I get:

LibreELEC:~ # ethtool eth1

Settings for eth1:

Supported ports: [ TP MII ]

Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full

100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full

Supported pause frame use: No

Supports auto-negotiation: Yes

Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full

Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only

Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes

Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full

Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only

Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes

Speed: 100Mb/s

Duplex: Full

Port: MII

PHYAD: 32

Transceiver: internal

Auto-negotiation: on

Link detected: yes

LibreELEC:~ # ethtool -i eth1

driver: r8152

version: v1.04.0 (2014/01/15)

firmware-version:

expansion-rom-version:

bus-info: usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-2.4

supports-statistics: no

supports-test: no

supports-eeprom-access: no

supports-register-dump: no

supports-priv-flags: no

LibreELEC:~ # modinfo r8152

filename: /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/drivers/net/usb/r8152.ko

license: GPL

description: Realtek RTL8152/RTL8153 Based USB Ethernet Adapters

author: Realtek linux nic maintainers <[email protected]>

alias: usb:v04E8pA101d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*

alias: usb:v0BDAp8153d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*

alias: usb:v0BDAp8152d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*

depends:

intree: Y

vermagic: 3.14.29 SMP mod_unload aarch64

Seems right?! But only 100baseT/Full :/

The Adapter is indeed a r8153 - pluged it in my desktop and it works fine. 1000 Mbit. I have only a Windows 10 machine to test here atm, but driver says its a realtek 8153

Any ideas?

I have the server setup that CVH suggests running here (only dual tuner card, don`t need more atm.) - and it`s great!

An old desktop (Fujitsu ESPRIMO E900 E90+), dvb-s2 card, dvb viewer recording service and several usb disks (connected to the desktop psu).

Clients wake it up via wol when needed and it works perfectly since over a year. I experimented with several TV Server solutions, but dvb viewer was the only one that worked without any problem and does all I need.

clients are cheap s905(x) boxes with libreelec, computers, mobile phones, tablets... It just works on almost every device we own.

gamepad integration/configuration is a big mess. I tried 4 different pads that all work in kodi - I get only one to work with retroarch. hours wasted editing config files... sh|t is just broken...

well - not your fault, Thank`s for your work. I`ll check again in a year or so... ;)

edit: did not want to sound harsh :/ - guess I did. Sorry for that.

Sorry, I did not understand if the post is addressed to me, the s905w is almost identical to 905: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options, the 905w does not have the support hdr vp9, i am the remote I am going to take minix A2 lite.

yep - addressed you. Are you sure about the 905w? The only information I could find is, that it`s limited to 4k30Hz (instead of 60Hz) - nothing to worry about. Where did you read, that it has no vp9/hdr?

The A2 lite is great - I have three of these (you cant power on your box with it though).

I`d like to know if the 905w boxes work with kszaqs builds - more and more of this things pop up everywhere and they are cheap. I did not see anyone mentioning em here.

:)

I would like to be able to save my channel list as I spent literally hours getting it numbered in a way that wont get me shot by the family.

This - that`s the reason, why I would love to see other peoples channel list.

Channel sorting / adding new ones is a pain. I set up some boxes for friends and family in the past, and having a pre-sorted list makes live so much easier.

I myself have a dvbviewer setup running right now (the user experience of tvheadend was one of my main reasons to go that route) - so I could not help testing, sorry.

I`ll promote your great add on though!