remote.conf repository

• I've changed the remote.conf for the Beelink MXIII II remote control with number keys, making use of possibly all keys while leaving numbered ones as numbers.

remote.conf:

• My first post so I figured I might help someone in here first, this is the remote.conf file for a Sumvision Cyclone X4.

Taken from firmware, sorted a friends box running openelec 5.0.8 and the remote.conf file was missing, now running a smooth libreelec system all working except for the led staying red lol.

remote.zip

• I've changed the remote.conf for the Beelink MXIII II remote control with number keys, making use of possibly all keys while leaving numbered ones as numbers.

remote.conf:

RayW has posted a great .conf for this remote as well.

• can someone help me with this Remote?
    It has a stop, a kodi and a play/pause Button and i do not know how to get it working on libreelec.
    It is a x96 Android Box.

On android the kodi button is the stop button and vice versa - so i need all 3 please.

Edited once, last by yaqwa (May 16, 2017 at 9:59 PM).

It has a stop, a kodi and a play/pause Button and i do not know how to get it working on libreelec.
    It is a x96 Android Box.

On android the kodi button is the stop button and vice versa - so i need all 3 please.

yaqwa,

Have you looked at the the thread: Create remote.conf from scratch thread?

You'll need to connect to your box via a program named 'putty.exe' available on the PC. Basically you'll be pressing a button on the remote, reading the response in a putty window to that button press and entering that response against the action you want that button to have. If pressing the OK button generated code ABC, you'd enter ABC against OK in the remote.conf file you are building in the second window. Copy and paste the 'sample' remote.conf in the code section at the top of the thread and fill in the blanks. READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY. You won't break anything by doing it wrong, but you'll waste your time on stupidity (I'm good at that).

It should take you less than 1/2 hour to follow the directions and end up with each button doing exactly what you want (assuming what you want actually matches a KODI-defined button press (ie you can't press a button and hope it orders batteries via Amazon; it will control volume, forward/rewind, etc.).

Andrew

• Here is mine for the NeeBox A95X, I know Redger had one in his compilation but it was missing a few buttons (or maybe it was for a different remote).
    Most of the buttons do has advertised, exceptions below:
    Power Button = S (Power Menu, rather than straight powering off the device).
    Track back = RWD
    Track forward = FFWD
    TV Screen = Play/Pause
    Thumbs Up = X (Stop)
    Volume + = Page Up (figured volume control inside Kodi was pointless since there is programmable volume controls for TV/AVR on the remote).
    Volume - = Page Down
    World = I (Info)
    Backspace = O (Codec Info, having a 2nd backspace key is kinda redundant)

Thanks to Ippon for his guide.

Dropbox - remote.conf

Edited once, last by jakejm79 (May 20, 2017 at 1:26 AM).

• volume control is not working in this remote...because i have nexbox s905x a95x same device which u have....

• If you read the post you will see that is by design, Vol+ and Vol- have been remapped to Page Up and Page Down respectively. Kinda redundant IMO to have volume controls for Kodi when you can program your actual TV volume controls right to the remote.

But feel free to edit the conf file, plenty of instructions on how to do it in this forum.

• Thanks, this is exactly the configuration I was looking for.

It is a x96 Android Box.

I've got the same one.Just use the remote.cnfg for X96 from the repository in post #4

• Now cracked this power button problem by a process of elimination with kodiuser1's earlier remote.conf. The line I needed was 0X51 704 but cannot understand that 704 value as not on my list of KODI command codes as way out of the range. Changed that to 116 and all working perfectly now.

Here is the link which I hope works for you as Dropbox have recently made some changes to their public folder but this is the only way I know how to make it available to all. Dropbox - BEELINK Remote.zip

this file worked for me.

thank you so much. the remote is different but the box is the same. others may try this as well.

• Hi there - I found no solution to install the remote.conf on libreelec? Can anybody give an instruction? I have the correct remote.conf for my Scishion V88 Pro and already installed LibreELEC V7.0.

Regards,

XStoneX

• There

Hi there - I found no solution to install the remote.conf on libreelec? Can anybody give an instruction? I have the correct remote.conf for my Scishion V88 Pro and already installed LibreELEC V7.0.

Regards,

XStoneX

place
    the remote.conf you have created in \storage\config

then reboot the device, bearing in mind the remote doesn't work unti after reboot

if there is another remote.conf file there already, back it up or rename it first

• I also own a Nexbox A95X (2/16GB, S905X), and the power menu one didn't work for me, but that was easily fixed.

But there's something I've been wondering for a while: can I make the "Home" button take me to the "root" of the menu in Kodi? (so I don't have to press the Back button several times) - and if so, how?

Also, can I change the "KODI" button* so that it shows/hides the menu in Kodi? You know, kinda like what the Play/Pause button does, but for showing the menu while video is playing, and conversely to hide it again.
    * My remote is otherwise identical to yours, except where you have a "thumbs-up" button, I have one that says "KODI".

Any help would be highly appreciated. Cheers :)

Edited once, last by Zareph (July 31, 2017 at 5:54 PM).

• I think pressing the OK button brings up the OSD during playback without actually pausing it and pressing back closes it without activating anything. You could take a look through the Kodi wiki and see if they have a dedicated OSD button toggle, though with the above I don't find it necessary.

Again try looking in the Kodi wiki to see if there is a shortcut navigation for your intended use, I know there is Esc and Backspace for back, but don't know if they differ during folder navigation, again its not something I really use and I find a dedicated stop and play/pause button more useful.

• I think pressing the OK button brings up the OSD during playback without actually pausing it and pressing back closes it without activating anything. You could take a look through the Kodi wiki and see if they have a dedicated OSD button toggle, though with the above I don't find it necessary.

Again try looking in the Kodi wiki to see if there is a shortcut navigation for your intended use, I know there is Esc and Backspace for back, but don't know if they differ during folder navigation, again its not something I really use and I find a dedicated stop and play/pause button more useful.

I'm not talking about the "playback OSD" (or whatever you'd call it), I'm talking about a toggle button for the Kodi menu.
    One where if I press it while it's playing media, it does the "back button" action, summoning forth the Kodi menu. Pressing it again should return me to the video in fullscreen.
    I've already tried searching for the answers I'm looking for, but everything I've tried has failed to yield the desired results, so I figured I'm just doing something wrong, or that this remote has some quirks I'm not aware of ...