Posts by jakejm79

I believe this might actually be an issue related to a recent windows update that just coincided with an update to LE (or maybe it was present earlier and maybe people didn't notice till doing a fresh install). I've been running the same version of LE for several months and I'm experiencing the same issue (and fix) above. It all happened after my W10 box did the creators update (and various other updates) not only did it reset all my sharing preferences (back to homegroup sharing, etc) but since then I haven't been able to browse shares, manually inputting the IP address works.

Plenty of other posts on the internet regarding the same issue (and specifying IP working) on a range of non MS OS devices.

I think pressing the OK button brings up the OSD during playback without actually pausing it and pressing back closes it without activating anything. You could take a look through the Kodi wiki and see if they have a dedicated OSD button toggle, though with the above I don't find it necessary.

Again try looking in the Kodi wiki to see if there is a shortcut navigation for your intended use, I know there is Esc and Backspace for back, but don't know if they differ during folder navigation, again its not something I really use and I find a dedicated stop and play/pause button more useful.

It matters if you are serving media from local network shares/devices, but only if your router and those devices have Gigabit LAN. IRL it will be rare at the moment that you will have any media that would saturate a 100Mbs connection, unless you are doing multiple things at the same time over that bandwidth.

If you read the post you will see that is by design, Vol+ and Vol- have been remapped to Page Up and Page Down respectively. Kinda redundant IMO to have volume controls for Kodi when you can program your actual TV volume controls right to the remote.

But feel free to edit the conf file, plenty of instructions on how to do it in this forum.

Here is mine for the NeeBox A95X, I know Redger had one in his compilation but it was missing a few buttons (or maybe it was for a different remote).
    Most of the buttons do has advertised, exceptions below:
    Power Button = S (Power Menu, rather than straight powering off the device).
    Track back = RWD
    Track forward = FFWD
    TV Screen = Play/Pause
    Thumbs Up = X (Stop)
    Volume + = Page Up (figured volume control inside Kodi was pointless since there is programmable volume controls for TV/AVR on the remote).
    Volume - = Page Down
    World = I (Info)
    Backspace = O (Codec Info, having a 2nd backspace key is kinda redundant)

Thanks to Ippon for his guide.

Dropbox - remote.conf