[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• I've been able to install to NAND successfully on a TX3 Pro, but when I try to do so on an M96X (S905X 2GB RT8189), I can boot from SD and run installtointernal from Putty, but even after multiple retries, it will not boot either into LibreELEC or into recovery to reinstall factory firmware. I hope someone can help me so I don't end up with a permanently bricked device that needs an SD card to run. Also, I can't boot from USB (no matter what port I use), only SD card works. Anyone have any ideas?
    Regardless of anything else, big kudos to kszaq for the work required to make this available to all of us. Awesome job!

Edited once, last by ccgg (February 8, 2017 at 7:31 PM).

• I'm using this build on that box and didnt need to use the remote config file
    [hr]

Using this tree

If you are talking about that user's MXIII II the one highlighted in your post is the wrong one for it - that box is a S905X and requires a GXL **** tree
    specifically gxl_p212_2g.dtb

• Q: My remote control does not work, what can I do?
    A: Grab remote.conf file from Android firmware (it's available in /system/etc) and copy it to Configuration folder: /storage/.config over SSH or \\your_box_IP\Configuration using Windows shares. You can also put that file to main folder of your SD card. You may need to remap some buttons.

I have ben banging my head against the wall for almost 2 hours now. I almost exclusively use a 2.4 mini Keyboard and today trying to use the stock remote I have hit a wall. I attempted to copy and the remote,conf from android and paste it into LE without any success. No button on the remote generates anything, I tried to use the KeyMap Editor thinking maybe it just wasn't lined up right, but it does not detect any keypresses.
    Anyone have this, or any imput that I may have not tried?
    Yes I replaced the batteries first

Edited once, last by m2823 (February 8, 2017 at 9:24 PM).

• I have ben banging my head against the wall for almost 2 hours now. I almost exclusively use a 2.4 mini Keyboard and today trying to use the stock remote I have hit a wall. I attempted to copy and the remote,conf from android and paste it into LE without any success. No button on the remote generates anything, I tried to use the KeyMap Editor thinking maybe it just wasn't lined up right, but it does not detect any keypresses.
    Anyone have this, or any imput that I may have not tried?
    Yes I replaced the batteries first

I've had the same problem. I've created a new remote.conf for my box and now it's working. Here is the HowTo (Title ' Create remote.conf from scratch ' ).

thread-3581.html?highlight=remote.conf

• 24p passthrough has always been out of sync with xbmc/Kodi, not just for amlogic hardware for me. LE defaults to a 175ms delay but not for these builds, I would suggest to include it :).

LibreELEC.tv/advancedsettings.xml at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I am using the advancedsettings for the 175ms delay now, it works flawlessly! Again, thank you so much. :)

I just removed the unnecessary parts from the code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <advancedsettings>
    <showexitbutton>false</showexitbutton>
    <cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
    <gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>
    <video>
    <latency>
    <delay>0</delay>
    <refresh>
    <min>23</min>
    <max>24</max>
    <delay>175</delay>
    </refresh>
    </latency>
    </video>
    <samba>
    <clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
    </samba>
    </advancedsettings>

• Hi
    My box have 2gb ram, how can I resize /tmp to maximum?
    Now it's only 905mb

Code
    Filesystem           Type            Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    devtmpfs             devtmpfs      804.0M    129.2M    674.8M  16% /dev
    /dev/system          ext4          975.9M    130.4M    829.5M  14% /flash
    /dev/data            ext4            4.7G    246.2M      4.5G   5% /storage
    /dev/loop0           squashfs      129.3M    129.3M         0 100% /
    tmpfs                tmpfs         905.8M         0    905.8M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                tmpfs         905.8M      6.8M    899.1M   1% /run
    tmpfs                tmpfs         905.8M         0    905.8M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs                tmpfs         905.8M    905.8M         0 100% /tmp
    tmpfs                tmpfs         905.8M     32.0K    905.8M   0% /var
  • Hi, I own a Leelbox S1, and wanted to say thank you because everything works perfectly. With the android rom everything was laggy and internal wifi was very weak. Now with LibreElec everything is very smooth and I was able to use a usb wifi dongle and solved all my network problems too. I have a question: in the system info it shows total ram: 823 MB, instead of 1GB. Is the missing ram reserved for the GPU ? Is it possible to have full 1 GB available?
    Thank you.

I post the hardware details of my tv box:

CPU: S905X quad-core cortex-A53 frequency 2.0G GPU:Mali-450 5-Core GPU

RAM: 1 GB

ROM: 8 GB

Edited once, last by tomax80 (February 9, 2017 at 10:42 AM).

• First of all try running LE from SD card on that box. You may need to unlock the bootloader first. When choosing device tree, simply delete dtb.img from SD card with LE and do not download any other device tree.

Doesn't look like it's booting the card I'm assuming Xiaomi have some type of secure boot so bootloader has to be unlocked to boot unsigned code
    I applied for bootloader unlock we'll see when I'll get word from Xiaomi

• Doesn't look like it's booting the card I'm assuming Xiaomi have some type of secure boot so bootloader has to be unlocked to boot unsigned code
    I applied for bootloader unlock we'll see when I'll get word from Xiaomi

After you have the SD Card prepared with LE.
    Add a Fake Zip File (Anything a text file and zip it)
    Use the Update app in Android and point it to the Fake Zip as the update file.
    See what happens.

• Thanks. running it already, used the boot problem build since I certainly have boot issues with my Minix U1, and so far, running great. Booted first boot off the SD, did it's SD card stuff, rebooted and Kodi is now up. Will put it through the paces.

Hi, I have Minix NEO U1 and downloaded the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-7.95.beta5.img file. I copied it to a flash drive. And now, will I just plug it in Minix and restart and Minix will automatically boot to it or is it more complicated. I don't want to damage the Android which is ins called on the internal storage. thanks for any help.
    cheers

• How do I flash back to android after installing LE on internal?

I cant get my remote working with LE im gonna try starting over from scratch on Android and grab the remote.conf file again to see if that helps.

Thanks.

I have the same dilemma. I can't get back to android after installing to nand. Anyone has a strategy?