[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• 8.0.1i re-uploaded with fixed SPDIF sound.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I’ve done some testing this morning on my NexboxA95 (S905Box using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb Device tree) + Phlips pfl7007 TV

• Sound over SPDIF works.
    • If I switch off my TV, it’s now possible that the Kodi-Box is switched off via CEC (it didn’t work before)
    • In 8.0.1h (and older) skip back often freesed the video. When this happened had to press stop and play again. This bug is gone in 8.0.1i
    • I haven’t noticed any disadvantages while playing ‘normal’ video or music (havn't tested Atmos or high bitrate video).

8.0.1i is a great version for me.

• I have just put LibreELEC 8.1 onto my Wetek Play 2 and it works great except when trying to rewind a video.

If i use the either the Wetek Play 2 remote or my Logitech One/FLIRC to fast forward, the video speeds up and the time at the botton of the screen counts up until I press play when it carrys on playing.

When I try to rewind, the video stops but the time counts down, if I press play nothing happens except a blue circle appears in the centre of the screen with the number 100 inside.

Does anyone have any idea whats the problem is and how I can fix it

I have this issue as well on an OTT Box MXQ Pro 4k P212 (S905x) Rewind never seems to work on any video I use. FFW works like a charm btw. I already increased the buffersize etc. to no avail. But I do not suspect it is an issue with the network nor the source( all gigabit cabling and the source is a HPE Microserver Gen 8). I suspect it is specific to this box or chipset possibly.

I will see if the 'i' version fixes this or not :)

Edit: Sadly it does not. I took a snippit from the log around the film I used:

Not sure if that is of any help. I noticed this btw as well:

Code
    13:31:10.988 T:4089443232    INFO: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Opened device "sysdefault:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO"
    13:31:10.992 T:4089443232    INFO: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats

Though my receiver (Pioneer VSX-831) tells me that I am really getting the DTS-MA stream so no idea where this is coming from....

Apart from the rewind issue: still very happy with this release. Thanks again kszaq!

Edited once, last by Notna (May 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM).

• 8.0.1i is available to download from Index of /s905/8.0.1i/

Changes include chapter skip/channel switch improvements from afl1, CEC improvement from GDPR-1, THD/Atmos fix, audio noise on boot fix, high bitrate video playback fix and backported Ethernet driver from Nougat kernel - Amlogic says in commit history that suspend should now work...

Hi,
    thank you very much for your work again.
    This version, seems, very good.
    All my problematic files play very smoothly again and Dobly THD plays too. Audio files with all sample rate play perfectly.
    Perfect work! Coffee for you is on the way again... Thanks!

• HDMI connected devices should be able to detect supported display modes even when the display is powered off. Display devices run some internals on standby power, and the chip that advertises compatible display modes is one of them. Short answer: Even if you boot the box entirely with the TV off, it will be able to read supported display modes.

If you turn your TV on first, give it ~15 seconds, then turn your box on, what happens?

Thanks all for trying to help. Changed hdmi cable AND port and all is well now. When box is switched on, retains the 2160p60 setting. Apart from that everything that I played seems to work fine on 8.0.1i.

• Audio sync issues while watching LiveTV with 8.0.1i that were not there with previous release. Here's the log LN7ot Similar sort of audio issues watching twitch streams with it too, do you need a log for that too?

• suspend doesn't work properly

I thought that it had been established that Suspend, on cheap Chinese devices was temperamental.
    The workaround, since as long as I can remember, has been to use PowerOff.
    Has the suspend issue been fixed somewhere along the line (and recently broken again)?

• kszaq implemented it into i version because some said that it should be fixed, i can only talk about my 2 devices, on them it doesn't work because i have to remove powercord to get the device up again

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

• Interesting you're not using the Realtek Wifi Fix Device Tree. Nexbox A95X S905 Chip 1gb/8gb ?

It's not a A95X. It's a A95 - S905 Chip 1gb/8gb. I bought it directly from a Chinese seller on EBay.
    A rare and really bad box with a poor remote, u-boot bug and a loose contact on HDMI port. On the other hand is works and I don’t want to throw it away.

Edited once, last by ippon (May 1, 2017 at 5:17 PM).

• 8.0.1i seems very good the only problem I have is the frame rate switching when playing youtube videos one after another using play all the video freezes and then after a couple seconds (like 10 to 20) unfreezes and the working status stays ghosted on the screen and flickers.

• It was from usb. I will try from a microSD tonight. Any other ideas? Nothing has to be done in recovery or anything that I'm missing right?

Thanks for your reply.

[hr]

Just wanted to chime in because I have this same issue with my MXQ Pro 4k p201. I was originally trying with the 1GB p201 file, but later tried the MXQ Pro 4k one even though it's p200. It seems to me as if the installtointernal command is actually treating the inserted USB or SD Card as the internal drive. It will boot from the external device every time after installtointernal is run, buf if that device is removed, I only get a black screen. rebootfromnand and the Kodi Power option to reboot from internal always boot from the external drive as well. I've reflashed my boxes firmware a few times (also tried a couple of custom roms from freaktab to see if the firmware was the issue), but I'm getting the same results. Runs great from usb/sd, will never boot from internal.

• kszaq implemented it into i version because some said that it should be fixed, i can only talk about my 2 devices, on them it doesn't work because i have to remove powercord to get the device up again

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Suspend was re-enabled on version 8.0.1i, because it includes a fix that "may" fix suspend on "some" boxes, where the ethernet driver was causing suspend to fail.

The proper fix, if suspend still isn't working on your particular box(es), is not to revert to a previous version, it is to stop using suspend, on boxes that still can't suspend properly... Optionally, make a quick post that says "Box model / LibreELEC version / suspend still not working".

The only reason you should ever revert to a previous LibreELEC version, is if your box(es) develop show stopping issues after an upgrade, and report them in detail as previously noted in this thread, if you want them looked at.

• I have a generic MXQ w/ 1GB ram and everytime I try to boot LibreElec from USB I get a blank screen the first and I have to turn it off and back on again. The second time it always boots fine.
    Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks

edit: I am running version 8.0.1h

Edited once, last by tzevel666 (May 1, 2017 at 8:44 PM).

• 8.0.1i re-uploaded with fixed SPDIF sound.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot! On my S905X Mini M8S II 2GB+8GB the suspend feature now works great regardless of the wired network enabled/disabled setting. I still can't boot from power off or reboot, unless I disconnect my USB HDD (an issue totally separate from suspend, as I understand), but am using suspend all the time so it's really a minor gripe. Interestingly, it reboots just fine if I select "Reboot from internal". Don't know if it helps...

• I tested a 4k full bluray HDR 10bit with DTS-HD 60gb. On a t95x s905x the device has trouble to stay in sync with audio and sometimes it eve loses audio output. It only restore by reopening the file... i play the file via ethernet 100mbit from NAS