Posts by lonegreyride

I've also tried all 3 links mentioned here on my MXQ Pro 4k (S905), and I'm getting "Invalid URL" after entering any/all of them. That said, I've never used this feature before (fairly new to LibreElec), so if it involves more than turning on manual updates, turning on custom channels, and entering the url(s) for the custom channels, I may be doing it wrong.

Just wanted to chime in because I have this same issue with my MXQ Pro 4k p201. I was originally trying with the 1GB p201 file, but later tried the MXQ Pro 4k one even though it's p200. It seems to me as if the installtointernal command is actually treating the inserted USB or SD Card as the internal drive. It will boot from the external device every time after installtointernal is run, buf if that device is removed, I only get a black screen. rebootfromnand and the Kodi Power option to reboot from internal always boot from the external drive as well. I've reflashed my boxes firmware a few times (also tried a couple of custom roms from freaktab to see if the firmware was the issue), but I'm getting the same results. Runs great from usb/sd, will never boot from internal.

Replying to my own post in case anyone else is having the same issues (although I'm still not much help). I've tried every image and device tree that I could, and I still have the same issue. It also does still seem to me as if the sd card or usb is being treated as the nand. the sd card has been re-labelled as "BOOT", and has a number of new files created. Looks like I won't be able to install libreelec on this box, which is unfortunate, as I did install it on my K1 Plus, and it's breathed new life into that box.

Interesting, I had the exact same issue with my MXQ Pro, but I already tried your fix and it didn't work. No matter what I do, it always needs the sd card (or usb drive) inserted to work. I also tried running installtointernal twice as instructed, but only ended up with the same result. I'm going to reflash my box's firmware (doesn't boot to anything anymore), create a new sd card and try again.

It was from usb. I will try from a microSD tonight. Any other ideas? Nothing has to be done in recovery or anything that I'm missing right?

Thanks for your reply.

[hr]

Just wanted to chime in because I have this same issue with my MXQ Pro 4k p201. I was originally trying with the 1GB p201 file, but later tried the MXQ Pro 4k one even though it's p200. It seems to me as if the installtointernal command is actually treating the inserted USB or SD Card as the internal drive. It will boot from the external device every time after installtointernal is run, buf if that device is removed, I only get a black screen. rebootfromnand and the Kodi Power option to reboot from internal always boot from the external drive as well. I've reflashed my boxes firmware a few times (also tried a couple of custom roms from freaktab to see if the firmware was the issue), but I'm getting the same results. Runs great from usb/sd, will never boot from internal.