[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Tested beta5b this evening with DVB-S2 streams, blu-ray backups and a lot of misc media files. Found no regression, but somehow that one blu-ray backup which used to have some weird problems with chapter skipping (like showing a few seconds of the video stream just before the chapter mark, but with no sound) played fine for the first time.

• How are you guys testing 23.976hz playback? Sometimes I'll notice little jumps in the cadence of panning scenes etc, as if frames are skipped or there is a short lag, but I wonder if its my imagination, or an anomaly with the source itself, because I find its quite a difficult thing to spot for certain.

With that in mind I found here that the Kodi project has provided some 23.976 testcard footage:
    FPS_test_1080p23.976_L4.1.mkv - Google Drive
    (Source: Samples - Official Kodi Wiki)

But even with this I find it hard to tell for sure, either way (watching in todays beta5b build). My eyes are no good lol. What do you guys think watching this on beta5b? My box is S905 FWIW (Mini MX 2G).
    As ever thanks to kszaq for all the hard work and heavy lifting. :)

Edited once, last by RowanDDR (February 5, 2017 at 10:40 PM).

• How are you guys testing 23.976hz playback? Sometimes I'll notice little jumps in the cadence of panning scenes etc, as if frames are skipped or there is a short lag, but I wonder if its my imagination, or an anomaly with the source itself, because I find its quite a difficult thing to spot for certain.

I sometimes get this feeling too, but it only seems to happen at the start of a video. After a minute or so of watching the jumps seem to disappear and everything looks smooth.

I have uploaded 7.95.beta5b build with some experimental changes:

5b seems to handle the 4K material that I have a lot better thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have a box with Gbit ethernet, so I'm using a USB Gbit adapter which reaches speeds of about 200 Mbit with iperf.

This seems enough to play for example the webrips of "a certain car show" that didn't play very well on the previous beta.

With that in mind I found here that the Kodi project has provided some 23.976 testcard footage:

But even with this I find it hard to tell for sure, either way (watching in todays beta5b build). My eyes are no good lol. What do you guys think watching this on beta5b? My box is S905 FWIW (Mini MX 2G).

I noticed the same thing with 2 episodes - and it is repeating the entire video.

I am reporting the same problem ... but no one answers me ... I thought succedese just me ... there are small picture shots during video playback to 23,976 hz

• Lets not forget that it is already a "known issue" that was recently added to OP:

• fractional frame rates are not fully working (frame jumps)

I think I misread the beta5b changelog, thinking this was "fixed", but thats another issue that is referred to ("removed waiting for a key frame in Amlogic decoder to fix some unplayable samples"). Whoops!

Edited once, last by RowanDDR (February 6, 2017 at 2:02 AM).

• I sometimes get this feeling too, but it only seems to happen at the start of a video. After a minute or so of watching the jumps seem to disappear and everything looks smooth.

5b seems to handle the 4K material that I have a lot better thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have a box with Gbit ethernet, so I'm using a USB Gbit adapter which reaches speeds of about 200 Mbit with iperf.

This seems enough to play for example the webrips of "a certain car show" that didn't play very well on the previous beta.

What's your internet speed ? I have 40 Mbps speed but all my 4K streams stutters after 5 mins and the video bitrates were between 60-90 mbits, please share your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirmed, like an imagination. :) Tested with 2 movies.

• My tuner isn't working in the latest version, I know some tuners aren't working I'm just showing which one it is.

2017-02-05 08:05:53.000 linuxdvb: Silicon Labs Si2168 : DVB-T #0 - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Inappropriate ioctl for device]

It's an August T210 that uses Geniatech T230 drivers Geniatech T230 - LinuxTVWiki

I've got same issue with latest build:

Code
    2017-02-06 13:13:46.692 mpegts: 658MHz in dvbt - tuning on Realtek RTL2832 (DVB-T) : DVB-T #0
    2017-02-06 13:13:46.693 linuxdvb: Realtek RTL2832 (DVB-T) : DVB-T #0 - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Inappropriate ioctl for device]
    2017-02-06 13:13:46.693 mpegts: 522MHz in dvbt - tuning on Realtek RTL2832 (DVB-T) : DVB-T #0
    2017-02-06 13:13:46.693 linuxdvb: Realtek RTL2832 (DVB-T) : DVB-T #0 - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Inappropriate ioctl for device]
    2017-02-06 13:13:46.693 mpegts: 754MHz in dvbt - tuning on Realtek RTL2832 (DVB-T) : DVB-T #0

but I can with w_scan scan channels:

To fix this problem, use my build from :[7.95.beta5] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro
    If is same as kszaq's only adding support for internal dvb tuner. Also install tvheadend42 + pvr.hts from this post.

kszaq: I have two differences in my build:
    1. Amlogic I2C support is necessary for internal dvb driver;
    2. I had issue with patches to compile latest media_build. To fix it I temporary deleted media_build-02-add-to-backports.patch

Edited once, last by afl1 (February 6, 2017 at 1:01 PM).

• Is there anybody else having the issue that shutdown actually restarts the box with Beta5 running from SD?
    Is this expected (know bug as suspended) or should I open a bug for it?
    Thank you!

• What's your internet speed ? I have 40 Mbps speed but all my 4K streams stutters after 5 mins and the video bitrates were between 60-90 mbits, please share your thoughts

My internet speed is 100 Mbps, but it's not relevant, since I was talking about 4K material being streamed from my local NAS.

Edited once, last by MrMagic (February 6, 2017 at 5:56 PM).

• The screen is black when the box is trying to play the next video file after finished the first one if Auto Play Next Video is ON, and
    - The files are MOV (from Cannon DSLR camera, Quicktime format?)
    - Files are on a local/NAS drive
    - There is no OSD menu

Tested the same files with Kodi 17.0 final on Andriod (Same box), the Auto Play Next Video feature works fine.

• I have search around several forums for assist with no success, I have a Tronsamart s905 Meta, I was successfully running Libreelec from internal Hard drive, until I decided to upgrade, but I accidentally installed incorrect file or tree, the box stopped working, on the box it display blue light but nothing is displayed into my TV.
    I have exhausted the USB approach posted in Tronsmart forum, yet this approach did not work, the box appear to be active, but something is preventing it from being display on TV, this driving [img][img]

Thanks for your help!

Edited once, last by e123enitan (February 6, 2017 at 9:53 PM).

• Is there anybody else having the issue that shutdown actually restarts the box with Beta5 running from SD?
    Is this expected (know bug as suspended) or should I open a bug for it?
    Thank you!

Nope, it is not expected. Mine shuts down when told to do so :P
    I don't remember anyone else mention this problem.
    [hr]

The screen is black when the box is trying to play the next video file after finished the first one if Auto Play Next Video is ON, and
    - The files are MOV (from Cannon DSLR camera, Quicktime format?)
    - Files are on a local/NAS drive
    - There is no OSD menu

Tested the same files with Kodi 17.0 final on Andriod (Same box), the Auto Play Next Video feature works fine.

My files from NAS play OK. I see this "bug" when I play Youtube playlists.
    I thought it was a Youtube problem (one of many).

Edited once, last by minimoe (February 6, 2017 at 7:35 PM).