Plex Media Server on LibreELEC

• Hello new here,

After scrolling down 7 pages of this, some a little bit older, i ask, whats the best way to install plex server on libreelec? Use dockers, install directly, apt-get does not work. Does plex server comes as a add-on or i have to add a repo?

Edited 3 times, last by t1t0 ().

• Hello new here,

After scrolling down 7 pages of this, some a little bit older, i ask, whats the best way to install plex server on libreelec? Use dockers, install directly, apt-get does not work. Does plex server comes as a add-on or i have to add a repo?

Libreelec has no package manager so no apt-get. However, there are scripts to install Plex natively (and update) on libreelec. Escalade posted links to them in the previous page.

Another way of installing Plex is via docker image. There is an add-on in the repo for that. You first install the linuxserver repo from the libreelec repo, then you'll see various docker add-ons in there.

Which way is best is arguable. I'd say whatever you're more comfortable with is the best way. Try and see.

• I am a total dummy to this. How can i Install the escalade scripts? Is there an addon or something? A script zip or what? Thanks in advance

• No need for Docker, Plex can run on LE natively. Here's the script and systemd unit I use that handles downloading, updating and running Plex:

plex-update.sh

plex.service

Thanks for the scripts but how does this work to install Plex Server on stock LibreELEC? Do you have any instructions or can you point me in a direction?

1. Copy plex.conf to /storage/.config/plex.conf: http://ix.io/2cip (then run systemctl daemon-reload)
    2. Copy the .service file to /storage/.config/system.d/plex.service (also edit to change location of plex-update.sh, or remove the ExecStartPre)
    3. Run plex-update.sh
    4. Run systemctl enable plex; systemctl start plex
    5. Enjoy