Plex Media Server on LibreELEC

• systemctl status docker.service

I get this:

• Excuse me, I'am a newbie and I don't knowh linux command.

I have a raspberry bi 3+ with old and last Openelec distro (kodi 17). I don't want to change distro becouse I have a lot of programs that run only with Openelec (and with OpenElec Unofficial repository - Java + JDownloader2 Server).

I try to install firt version of Plex media Server AddOn zip on my OpenElec and work good but when I reboot raspberry PMS doesn't work!!!

I try to disinstall addon and to install last version 1.2.1 addon on this topic... but PMS doesn't restart!

Any idea to solve or to install a correct version PMS?

• It's unrealistic to expect add-ons built for our current distro to work on OE. It's ~4 years since we abandoned OE to its problem creator and in that time we have maintained and evolved our codebase. Things look familiar but under the hood they are programatically different. The sole solution is updating the OS/distro. Use docker or look at the Thoradia thread for torrent apps if you really need them. If you really want it to work in OE, please ask for help in the OE forum .. although good luck in finding a real user (it's mostly spam-bots).

• Ok I want change my distro in LibreElec. But I have problems to install Java and JDownloader2. Can you help me to find the instructions (SSH) to install JAVA and JDownloader2 on Libreelec... step by step? Java correct version for example.

• I'm not very familiar with the docker service on libreelec, but I just realized you're still on LE8. Why not upgrade to 9?

Just because I can't. I have an i.MX6 uC and there is no available image for LE9 (hoping that it will be available one day here). And if I try to upgrade from LE itself, nothing happens.

• Me? No. I've already given hints, and that's as far as I personally go towards helping anyone install torrent apps.

Ok... Now I have install new LE version on my Rasp3B+... with Java and another program. So I can throw away my obsolete OE distro.

So... if I understand (I'm very newbie with linux system) for PMS I don't use the last PMS addon... but I must used DOCKER...

..it can be absurd... but what's docker? how I can used docker, I must used this link with SSH?

GitHub - plexinc/pms-docker: Plex Media Server Docker repo, for all your PMS docker needs.

• Ok... Now I have install new LE version on my Rasp3B+... with Java and another program. So I can throw away my obsolete OE distro.

So... if I understand (I'm very newbie with linux system) for PMS I don't use the last PMS addon... but I must used DOCKER...

..it can be absurd... but what's docker? how I can used docker, I must used this link with SSH?

GitHub - plexinc/pms-docker: Plex Media Server Docker repo, for all your PMS docker needs.

Detailed info here: LinuxServer.io docker addons and general docker info

• Ok... I understand, docker is like VirtualBox o WMare (emulation virtual system). Docker under Libreelec is LinuxServer.io under Libreelec addon repository (whale symbol). I must install this addon and with docker management gui called Portainer (http://<ip>:<port>) I can import Docker images for Librelec.. it's right?
    From Portainer gui I can download docker plex image with this command : "docker pull linuxserver/plex"

Tonight I try to install Docker addon and download plex docker image...

To configure Plex I confused...docker commands example are very strange.

• Ok... I understand, docker is like VirtualBox o WMare (emulation virtual system). Docker under Libreelec is LinuxServer.io under Libreelec addon repository (whale symbol). I must install this addon and with docker management gui called Portainer (http://<ip>:<port>) I can import Docker images for Librelec.. it's right?
    From Portainer gui I can download docker plex image with this command : "docker pull linuxserver/plex"

Tonight I try to install Docker addon and download plex docker image...

To configure Plex I confused...docker commands example are very strange.

There is an add-on for Plex already. You should use that one. The add-on settings let you configure everything automatically. No need to do it manually via portainer.

You can use portainer to manage things we don't have an add-on for.

Also, read this: LinuxServer.io docker addons and general docker info

• Ok now I understand. I installed LinuxServer.io Addon on Libreelec. Into this Addon I install the services Plex.

So now I have: Plex (LinuxServer.io), Docker and Docker image Updater AddOn.

Now Plex Client work with LibreElec PMS...and URL: http://<iprasp>:32400/web work.

Plex-update.sh and plex.service files where I must save them and used them?

Thank you

Edited 2 times, last by enrydgl (February 4, 2020 at 10:24 PM).

• Ok now I understand. I installed LinuxServer.io Addon on Libreelec. Into this Addon I install the services Plex.

So now I have: Plex (LinuxServer.io), Docker and Docker image Updater AddOn.

Now Plex Client work with LibreElec PMS...and URL: http://<iprasp>:32400/web work.

Plex-update.sh and plex.service files where I must save them and used them?

Thank you

It's one or the other. What escalade is referring to is a whole another method of installing Plex.

If you already set up the docker addon and Plex is working, you don't need to do anything else. It will automatically update when you reboot your box.

• Ok but now I have another problem.

I try to set in PMS HttpUI the my movie directory (external USB hdd on Raspberry /var/media/<mydiskname>/). But I don't found my device in list of directory in PMS configuration (UI).

So, I change the configuration into "Plex (LinuxServer.io)" service. I change the directory Movies /var/media/<mydiskname>/movies/".

Appears these notifications Dockers: Plex kill and Plex stop. So I restarted Plex LinuxServer.io service (appear notification Plex start).

But now... UI PMS http://..... don't work! I don't understand!

• Ok but now I have another problem.

I try to set in PMS HttpUI the my movie directory (external USB hdd on Raspberry /var/media/<mydiskname>/). But I don't found my device in list of directory in PMS configuration (UI).

So, I change the configuration into "Plex (LinuxServer.io)" service. I change the directory Movies /var/media/<mydiskname>/movies/".

Appears these notifications Dockers: Plex kill and Plex stop. So I restarted Plex LinuxServer.io service (appear notification Plex start).

But now... UI PMS http://..... don't work! I don't understand!

It's going to appear in the container (and in the Plex gui) as "/data/movies" as the addon settings page says.

You really should read this: LinuxServer.io docker addons and general docker info