Posts by escalade

New generic build uploaded!

- 5.8.0-rc5 (also updated firmware so newer nvidia cards might be useable now)

- Added Spotify Connect functionality, run this command to enable: # systemctl enable --now librespot

- Added Snapcast multi-room audio, to make your pc a client: # systemctl enable --now [email protected] (replace 1.2.3.4 with your Snapcast server, can be 127.0.0.1 if pc is the server) to make your pc a server: # systemctl enable --now snapserver (librespot will automatically pipe it's audio into the local Snapcast server if it's running)

- Added Shairport Sync, to enable: systemctl enable --now shairport

- Added gmrender (resurrect) DLNA, to enable: systemctl enable --now gmediarender

- Some under the hood changes to Pipewire/GStreamer/Pulseaudio to make them all fully functional

- Updated Retroarch packages, libretro cores, Mesa 20.2-git, RPCS3

- Added ResidualVM emulator

I also identified some issues with the Pulseaudio modules switch-on-port-available, that could cause issues when connected to an AVR or Soundbar. Hopefully that'll fix the remaining audio issues, there isn't any bugs with the NUC AFAIK.

New images uploaded!

• Linux 5.7.0
    • Kodi 18.7.1
    • Pipewire + Wireplumber (not useful as of yet)
    • Moonlight icon
    • Screen sharing in a browser using wf-recorder/v4l2loopback (demo below)
    • Disabled CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED in the kernel so that processes (pulseaudio/openal etc.) can acquire real-time privileges
    • Set default GTK theme to Adwaita:Dark
    • Added HIDPI support for Emulationstation (now works in 4k)
    • VMware default template upgraded to hw version 16 (OpenGL 3.3) with 2GB RAM and 2 CPU's

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For those with sound issues try the latest image, I've done a lot of under the hood polish lately.

Spotify, PCSX2 and the new Steam icon is now one-click Flatpaks. And here's a demo:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

New Skylake image uploaded with the following features:

• Flatpak 1.7.2 (experimental)
    • Significant power saving kernel patch
    • Replaced dosbox-svn-libretro with dosbox-core-libretro

Although I've had Steam up and running through a Docker container previously, getting it up and running was awkward and the result seemed to be buggy and prone to crashing at the time. After installing the flatpak I had to edit the binary wrapper script to allow running as root, then it's simply a matter of running flatpak run com.valvesoftware.Steam. I won't go into the security aspects of installing and running stuff as the root user on your OS, as they should be obvious to anyone. I might look at getting user sessions up and running at some point. For now use at your own risk :)

Mf5hHU4.png

Z8Z7972.png

dPN5tne.png

EDIT: Other interesting apps on flathub are PCSX2 (will probably replace my Docker solution), Moonlight, MakeMKV, Spotify, Firefox, Kodi and more. Very pleased with how it works :)

Uploaded a new skylake image:

• Rebuilt with gcc 10.1.0.
    • FSGBASE kernel patches.
    • Noticed that Intel's media-driver was built without "non-free" cores, so enabled those and all codecs seem to show up in vainfo now.
    • Latest git of Mesa 20.2, glibc 2.32, rpcs3, wayland stack, libretro cores.

It's a bit experimental considering the new gcc version I suppose, runs fine here though :) There was two packages that proved troublesome to get built with the new compiler, Emulationstation and dolphin-libretro, so they are built using gcc 9 instead. Also added Pegasus-frontend to try it out, but can't say I care much for the interface so probably won't be keeping it.

Uploaded a new image with more polish for the Sway desktop. Refreshed icon set and added a couple of new things, like one-click screenshots and screen recording.

External Content www.youtube.com

Bub4

I believe PCSX2 requires AVX-2.

Samui

I'm a bit out of sync with LE these days, so consider PVR unsupported for now. Perhaps you can get what you need running through Docker.

Using KODI_AE_SINK=ALSA+PULSE is a bad idea because Kodi will then attempt to lock the ALSA device. To allow this, there's some scripting that releases the soundcard from Pulse on Kodi start. It should be undone when closing Kodi, but I suppose this can be flaky.

Bottom line, just use Pulseaudio. Once configured correctly, all applications will just work (TM). There's pavucontrol on the desktop, configure your soundcard there. Try booting from a clean USB stick, sound should just work (tested OK in vmware and on my NUCs).