Posts by neroxyr

Today when I turn on my LibreELEC, this lighting icon appears permanently and my HDD cannot be recognize. I've read that it's under-voltage. I've been using this charger for 2 years and I've never had this problem before. I have a RP3b+. Tried three different chargers all of 5.0v but still nothing. I've also updated the version to 2.6.7 as I thought it was bug but still. Thanks for your help

You have to be in the same directory of the plex-update.sh file. Then do

Code
    chmod 755 plex-update.sh; ./plex-update.sh

So I recently updated to LibreElec version 9.2 and found my previous Plex server install had been wiped out. I attempted to use the instructions above from escalade and was able to install app.plex with the script provided, but the service would always fail to run.

Error Log: Pastebin

Edit: Resolved by finding and tweaking an alternative version of the plex.service file using more default settings.

Could you please tell what where these settings were? I have the same issue as you

Update 2:

Change the ExecStart line of plex.service to

ExecStart="/storage/.cache/http://app.plex/Plex Media Server"

And started. Later one these logs appear

Update 3

It seems to be a problem with LibreELEC locales. I installed the locale add-on and changed to en_US.UTF-8. I check then on console

But when I run

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.cache/app.plex # locale -a
    C
    POSIX

It is not there.

The probelm I get when starting the service is:

Code
    May 30 13:33:04 LibreELEC systemd[1]: plex.service: Ignoring invalid environment assignment 'export LC_ALL=C': /storage/.config/plex.
    May 30 13:33:04 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Plex Media Server.
    May 30 13:33:04 LibreELEC Plex Media Server[3246]: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
    May 30 13:33:04 LibreELEC Plex Media Server[3246]:   what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
    May 30 13:33:04 LibreELEC systemd[1]: plex.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
    May 30 13:33:04 LibreELEC systemd[1]: plex.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

How do I install this locale?

I think so, too. SQUASHFS is read-only, and when a read-only FS throws errors, then a broken storage device is the first idea.

Thanks, will try to replace it, but now when I write a command this appears. (I libreelec doesn't load)

Investigation further I checked the /etc/ld.so.preload file permissions

Code
    LibreELEC:/ # ls -lh /etc/ld.so.preload

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libarmmem-v7l.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot read file data): ignored.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26 May 4 09:53 /etc/ld.so.preload

It had read attribute on everything

It's been two days and LibreELEC keeps crashing without doing anything.. Here are the logs

http://ix.io/1pj9 and http://ix.io/1pja

An error appears

Code
    Jul 23 21:18:15 LibreELEC kernel: SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 44e8c0f, size 2e506
    Jul 23 21:18:15 LibreELEC kernel: SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache entry [44e8c0f]
    Jul 23 21:18:15 LibreELEC kernel: SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 44e8c0f, size 2e506

Is it a faulty microSD?

Thanks