Posts by Morawake

It was working fine until one day the server went down and wouldn't come back up. I tried fixing it by rerunning bash plex-update.sh but I got this:

/storage/scripts$ bash plex-update.sh

Plex directory does not exist, installing.

mv: can't rename 'usr/lib/plexmediaserver': No such file or directory

plex-update.sh: line 30: can't create /storage/.cache/app.plex/.plex_version: nonexistent directory

bash: =: argument expected

Plex up to date.

Anyone else have this problem?

app.plex got renamed to app.plex.old but it wasn't replaced with anything.

Portainer docker container doesn't want to work on RPi4. Is there any one having this problem?

I was getting kill messages when using the Linuxserver.io one, but it still seems to work.

I made my own container with this command:

docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9000:9000 --name=portainer --restart=always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer-ce

It works better.

Make sure you set it up for Docker use (if that's what you're doing).

After doing a clean install to 10.0.0 most things are working well on my RPI 4B.

I have KodiPlexConnect and Plex server running fine.

Embuary skin still works great.

I had some trouble with:

The default 60fps interface causing the pi to lose signal to the TV (I'm guessing that this will be fixed soon).

Some issues with docker, particularly with linuxserver.io's Portainer and Plex (a bunch of kill messages). Solved this by installing Plex directly to the OS and creating my own Portainer docker container. Still having trouble with File Manager in a docker container (kill messages). My Minecraft server container is running fine.

Can't seem to reach 60FPS with 4k HEVC videos no matter what I do but this is nothing new.

The Aerial screensaver leading to problems like being stuck in the screensaver, waking up the TV after changing screensaver videos, and other problems with the OS like the power off option disappearing. I don't think these problems are related to this version of the OS in particular though. It's a shame I can't really use this screensaver right now though because it is very cool! Using Kaster instead.

It doesn't seem to work with my NVMe drive attached via a USB C cable on my Raspberry Pi4B.

I updated the eeprom to the latest beta version.

Tested it with a regular USB 2.0 2GB USB and it worked fine.

I couldn't flash LibreELEC with the USB SD creator because it didn't recognize the the NVMe drive as a USB drive or an SD card.

Instead I used the Raspberry Pi Imager to flash the downloaded image from the USB SD creator, so that could be a problem.

I also tried flashing a backed up image from my sd card to the drive with Win32DiscImager and that also didn't work.

These are the messages I see on the screen:

Code
    I get Failed to open device: 'sdcard' (cmd 371a0010 status 1fff001)
    USB2[1] 400202e1 connected
    USB2 root HUB port 1 init
    HUB [01:00] 216 000000:01 init port 4 speed 1

Guessing my NVMe adapter just isn't compatible. (jmicron)

Update:

SOLVED: SSD Enclosures with Jmicron chips JMS580 and JMS583 don't boot up. RPi4. · Issue #266 · raspberrypi/rpi-eeprom · GitHub

It seems to be related to the setting: USB_MSD_PWR_OFF_TIME in the eeprom which should be set to 0 for the NVMe drive to work correctly. Supposedly they fixed the problem in one of the beta releases but maybe not the latest beta release..?

Anyway, just turning on the system before connecting the USB cable to the Pi will allow it to boot.

Update:

Turns out the USB connector on the cable was just finicky. That's all it was!

Solved the "plex-update.sh: not found" error and got it to work!

Looks like it's a problem with how Windows saves documents (I thought I was being careful by using Notepad++).

These commands should fix the files:

dos2unix /storage/scripts/plex-update.sh

dos2unix /storage/.config/plex.conf

dos2unix /storage/.config/system.d/plex.service

And then run: bash /storage/scripts/plex-update.sh to execute the script.

I also removed the \x20's from the plex.service file and replaced them with spaces, but I'm not really sure if that did anything significant. Also, I changed the file permission for all three files to 777.

When I run: systemctl enable plex; systemctl start plex

Nothing seems to happen, nothing in the logs. I'll have to figure this out later.

Update:

So I had to add back in the \x20 for it to start. It says it's running when I run top - i but doesn't show up as an installed addon. I'm not really sure where the server database is either. Is it in the .cache/plex.app folder or somewhere else? Trying to migrate it from the docker set up.

If I go to http://192.168.1.80:32400/ it shows me an xml file without any styling.

Update:

If I do systemctl status plex

I get this:

Update:

Just had to add /web like so: http://<local.ip>:32400/web

Found the database folder here: /storage/.config/Plex Media Server

Don't now why I didn't see it there before.

If anyone has trouble finding the docker Plex Media Server folder, it's here:

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/http://docker.linuxserver.plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server

Problem:

Inconsistent framerate

Logs:

Untitled - Pastebin

Started up Kodi and then played movie directly from WD external hard drive (NTFS) for 10 minutes.

System:

Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB

Samsung MicroSD card (32GB)

Notes:

• Framerate sometimes reached 60 FPS for a few seconds but it mostly stays at around 45 to 55 FPS sometimes dropping to as low as 25 FPS.
    • Tested with a fresh install: LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.97.1.img.gz
    • Tested the same movie file playing it from the sd card and it had similar performance.
    • CPU stays at about 60%.
    • Tested two other videos (see below) and it doesn't seem to matter if it's HDR or not.

Config:

over_voltage=6

arm_freq=2147

gpu_freq=750

hdmi_enable_4kp60=1

Settings:

Display:

3840x2160

Every resolution whitelisted

Audio:

ALSA: vc4-HDMI-0 (vc4hdmi0), HEC HISENSE on HDMI

Audio passthrough disabled (tested with it enabled and it made no discernable difference)

Video encoding information:

Untitled - Pastebin

Further testing with samples:

Notes:

Videos:

• HEVC 10-bit 59.940fps (Korean ATSC 3.0 satellite TV capture sample)
    • HDR10 HEVC 59.940 (in mov, hdmkv's iPhone 11 Pro Max raw 4K footage using 4K HDR Video Recorder app)

Is this a current limitation of LibreELEC with the raspberry pi?

Update:

Tested booting from NVMe drive and with LibreELEC 10.0.0, same framerate.

I know that this is a couple months old but I think that I'm also having problems related to the two hard drives that I have connected in NTFS format to my raspberry pi 4B. It is running LE10. My pi is also overclocked but doesn't seem to be related to that or temperature.

Experiencing these symptoms:

Smooth playback in the beginning of a movie

4k 60FPS movies with 50 - 60FPS for 30 minutes, but then very delayed frames start showing up and it just gets worse from there.

Restarting the system seems to temporarily fix the problem.

Recently it started dropping the audio randomly and it doesn't come back until I rewind or reopen the video or wait a while.

Some videos have an easier time playing than others.

I have the Aeriel screensaver videos running from the SD card but sometimes the system crashes while it's running.

I would try reformatting the drives but I don't have enough space to copy over all the files.

Add-ons currently running in the background:

Docker: Plex Server, File Manager, Portainer

PlexKodiConnect

CPU:

PID / USER /PR / NI / VIRT / RES / SHR / S / %CPU / %MEM / TIME+ / COMMAND

937 root 20 0 1350544 630568 151088 R 150.9 7.8 51:04.02 kodi.bin

78 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 94.5 0.0 5:59.94 kswapd0

1215 root 20 0 3728 2708 1712 S 57.0 0.0 3:37.19 mount.ntfs

2630 nobody 20 0 110372 74624 27660 S 9.7 0.9 4:05.24 Plex Media Serv

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Edit:

Did a fresh install on another SD card and it still can't play the 4k 60FPS movie with stable frame rate but it doesn't eventually freeze up like it did.

Same performance playing movie from SD card.

This is easy to fix. Install docker portainer and click on "Exec console" to enter the minecraft directory tree. If you need to access a directory from LibreELEC then delete the minecraft container and run it again adding the parameter "-v <libreelec-directory>:<minecraft-directory>".

I was able to connect to the server! I just had to hit recreate in portainer and EULA got accepted.

I ran this command to create the server and create a directory I can access:

docker run -d -it -v /storage/Minecraft_Server/:/data:rw -p 25565:25565 -e EULA=TRUE itzg/minecraft-server

I'm going to see if I can run a PaperMC server from this container next.

Edit: I was able to do just that with this command:

docker run -d -it -v /storage/Minecraft_Server/:/data:rw -p 25565:25565 -e TYPE=PAPER -e PAPER_DOWNLOAD_URL=https://papermc.io/api/v2/projects/paper/versions/1.17.1/builds/96/downloads/paper-1.17.1-96.jar -e EULA=TRUE itzg/minecraft-server

I can't seem to add more than 2GB's of memory with -e MEMORY=2G

I'm using an 8GB Raspberry Pi.

Edit:

I tried this command: docker update -m 5g Minecraft_Server

But I get this: Your kernel does not support swap limit capabilities or the cgroup is not mounted. Memory limited without swap.

The autopause function is pretty neat for hibernating the server when no one is on.

The CPU reaches 400% quite easily and this is with a max overclock of 2222.

Successfully migrated the server from Windows, just had to change file permissions to be writable.

Game runs smooth, generating new terrain can be a little hit or or miss.

Running a Plex server on the Pi as well, and 4k movie play back while the Minecraft server is running works fine, even if someone is connected. The server load when no one is connected remains at about 15/400 of the CPU.

Code
    docker run --rm --name papermc -v /storage/minecraft/:/data:rw -p 25565:25565 -e JVM_MEMORY=1G

When I ran the command I got:

Code
    "docker run" requires at least 1 argument.
    See 'docker run --help'.

Usage:  docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]

Run a command in a new container

So it didn't work, but seeing how you formatted -v was instrumental in figuring out how to format it correctly for the other command.

You don't need git for docker. Just use the docker commands to pull the image from docker hub and create a container

I didn't even know Docker Hub was thing! There's tons of containers there for Minecraft and everything else.

... and if you try this? (seems compatible with any x86_64, arm, and arm64 device)

itzg/minecraft-server: Docker Hub

I got this to actually run! The only problem now is that keeps telling me to accept the EULA. The command to accept the EULA doesn't seem to work with LIBREELEC's implementation of Docker.

I don't know where the container is saving data if it is at all. I thought it would be in addon_data.

Instead of git clone you can use the tar file download, e.g.:

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/kroonwijk/rpi-minecraft/tarball/master | tar xz

That seemed to work, thank you!

Now I'm running into this problem trying to run various containers:

docker: no matching manifest for linux/arm/v7 in the manifest list entries.

Is there something I'm missing here?

I'd like to run this one if possible: GitHub - Phyremaster/papermc-docker: Docker image for a PaperMC Minecraft server.

As it's the most developed, but I don't think it runs on ARM32v7 architecture.

I was able to pull this one successfully: GitHub - Dko1905/papermc-docker: A simple papermc image for docker.

It's definitely ARM32v7 compatible.

Ran into problems running it though.

If I do: docker run rhuss/papermc

I get:

But I'm supposed to run this command:

Code
    docker run --rm \
        --name papermc \
        -v /home/joe/paperserver/:/data:rw \
        -p 25565:25565 \
        -e JVM_MEMORY=1G

And it doesn't seem possible with my SSH client, so I removed the indents and the \'s and I get this error:

"docker run" requires at least 1 argument.

So I'm obviously not doing something right...

I'm way over my head with this, so I should probably just shelve the idea.

People have set up Minecraft servers on Raspberry Pi's in docker containers before, but I haven't found any clues on how to do it yet with LibreELEC.

I found these two Docker projects:

GitHub - frozenfoxx/rpi-minecraft-server: Minecraft Server for the Raspberry Pi in Docker (last updated 4 years ago)

and

GitHub - kroonwijk/rpi-minecraft: An easy way to get a Minecraft server up and running using docker on a Raspberry Pi (ARM) (last updated 5 years ago)

But I ran into problems right away following the instructions because of: "-sh: git: not found"

I don't really know how to precede from here. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated! ^^

This is out my autostart.sh looks:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh(
    mount -t cifs //192.168.1.64/Network /storage/Byte-Knight -o username=MyWinUsername,password=MyWinPassword
    )&

I created the Byte-Knight folder in the storage directory.

I can connect to the shared directory through the file explorer just fine.

Is there something I'm not doing right?

Trying to add the directory to Plex server but it can't be added unless it's mounted it seems.

Edit: There was an extra colon, I removed it, and it's working now!

I have two hard drives connected to the USB3 ports of my RP4, and I seem to be having the same problem with my Plex server running in a Docker container. I can only get it to detect the drives if I kill the container and start it again. Is there some way to make Docker wait until the drives have successfully mounted?

Edit:

I got Plex server to wait until the drives finished mounting by adding this:

[Service]

ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 30

To the docker.linuxserver.plex.service file in the storage/.config/system.d directory.

It only took me 24 hours of trial and error to find something that worked!

I have the Plex server running fine in the Docker container my RP4, but I have one problem:

The server seems to start before my external hard drives are finished mounting, so everything comes up as unavailable in the Plex players.

Is there a way to ensure that the drives mount before Docker / PMS starts?

Edit:

I got Plex server to wait until the drives finished mounting! I did it by adding this:

[Service]

ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 30

...to the docker.linuxserver.plex.service file in the storage/.config/system.d directory.

It only took me 24 hours of trial and error to find something that worked!

Also:

Tried the way escalade did it but I'm getting this error:

Code
    /storage/scripts$ sh plex-update.sh
    plex-update.sh: line 2: : not found
    plex-update.sh: .: line 3: can't open '/storage/.config/plex.conf': No such file or directory

I can confirm that the plex.conf file is in the directory.