[S905] Device trees

• Hi, do you know if these device trees were added to the 7.0.2.007 Almost there build? as a generic device tree? or can these be renamed and used with the build?

• edit4ever Can you test this device tree: gxbb_p200_2G_m8s+_k3_pro.dtb

It can be used with 7.0.2.007 or any of the dev builds. What I changed are power_on_pin and interrput_pin bumped by 4 according to your suggestion in the other thread.

OK - Strangely that worked! I tried doing the same thing on my end but it didn't work. I'll have to compare files to see what I was doing wrong on my test version. I'm still learning!

Thank you!

P.S. If you add that to your device trees - I'm not sure what the right name for it is. k2pro_gig_update.dtb ??

Edited once, last by edit4ever (October 5, 2016 at 2:46 PM).

• kszaq - Thank you again for providing the updated dtb for my KII Pro...

I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. When I dumped my rom and extracted the boot.img and then the dtb file...it seemed like it was the same as the original M8S+4k file (wrong wifi info) which of course didn't work for me. What I realized during testing was the "misc" part of the nand was impacting the boot and changing dtb info.

So the question is - is there a way to convert the info in the misc block to see what device tree settings it is adjusting? I have dumped the data to a misc.img file...but I'm not sure how to extract the data from it. With the boot.img file I was able to extract the device tree using splitbootimg.pl -- is there something similar for the misc block of data??

Thanks for any info - I'm hoping to dig down to get my ATSC tuners working in LE and want to understand what is happening in the android boot/device tree.

• Hello all,

I buy Beelink MiniMX III. It will arrive next week. Before broke something, need I backup something?

Or installing by SD could be safe?

Thanks and regards.

• Hello all,

I buy Beelink MiniMX III. It will arrive next week. Before broke something, need I backup something?

Or installing by SD could be safe?

Thanks and regards.

Working SD Card LE first. If that works you can SSH execute installtointernal command to install to Nand.
    I think kszaq might do away with .zip to install to nand and we will all use above method.

• Working SD Card LE first. If that works you can SSH execute installtointernal command to install to Nand.
    I think kszaq might do away with .zip to install to nand and we will all use above method.

Thanks!

I install to internal and it works really well.

Best regards.

• Hello,

I got this device: Transpeed S905 2G/8G - p201

I have load the corresponding dtb file from kszaq repository but RAM size is not correctly recognized (815MB instead of 2GB), LAN is @100Mbps instead of 1Gbps.

The dtb file from the OTA zip file provided by the dealer make the device freeze on boot.

Is there a way to extract the dtb file directly from the device of from the IMG firmware file?

Thanks!

Edited once, last by john_matrix (October 23, 2016 at 10:56 AM).

• hey guys :)
    New to LibreElec - usually use KodiBuntu.

Anyway, I have a x96 (S905x) TV box. (link removed)

I have 2gb ram and 16gb storage.

I tried this device tree:gxl_p212_2g.dtb

However, I am having trouble booting.

I don't have a reset button (or a pinhole) or any actual buttons on the box itself; only the remote, so I'm yet to figure out how to boot properly.

I used the LE tool to extract the image onto a USB drive.
    I have tried both USB ports on the tv box.

I might be able to try recovery method (varient 2), as I do have an update app on the box, but when I openned that, nothing was found on the usb drive?

If I were to just install LE to the box itself internal memory, how is the best way to take a backup of the current system (android 6.0)?

Out of interest, do most people install LE on the internal drive, or do you run it from a USB drive or memory card?

Thanks for your help!

Edited once, last by cptchezza (December 17, 2016 at 12:46 AM).

• Anyway, I have a x96 (S905x) TV box http://fleabay.com.au/itm/262711771966?...EBIDX%3AIT

Remove that link to Pirate Kodi Seller or any seller. Forum rules.
    [hr]

Insert thick paperclip or small tool in AV jack and see if you can feel reset button at the bottom.

You should not use a conductive tool to insert into electrical products.
    A toothpick is the easiest and safest.

Edited once, last by kostaman (December 16, 2016 at 8:55 PM).

• Remove that link to Pirate Kodi Seller or any seller. Forum rules.
    [hr]

You should not use a conductive tool to insert into electrical products.
    A toothpick is the easiest and safest.

Removed; sorry about that. Hadn't read the rules *slaps wrist*

Okay, i'll give a toothpick a go.