Posts by cptchezza

I have a x96 and tried to use your files, but it didn't work.

am I meant to also use an xml file from somewhere else, or just install the x96 into the \\coreelec\Configfiles\rc_keymaps folder, and the rc_maps into its parent?

Thanks for everyones help, as without a remote, I'll need to get out my mouse.

Thanks

Thanks for the instructions.
    I was unable to navigate to the respective .kodi files on each disk.
    I since tried plugging the two drives (usb + microSD in a card reader) into windows, and using a ext4 reader, but that kept erroring out on me.

now i'm resorting to getting a ubuntu live usb and seeing if i can move things around after booting to that.

I'm almost at the point of just starting fresh. haha.... almost.

Hey guys; simply plugging the updated microusb card into a laptop with a LinuxMint live usb booted allowed easy renaming of the partitions which fixed the problem

thanks for your help.

Thanks for the instructions.
    I was unable to navigate to the respective .kodi files on each disk.
    I since tried plugging the two drives (usb + microSD in a card reader) into windows, and using a ext4 reader, but that kept erroring out on me.

now i'm resorting to getting a ubuntu live usb and seeing if i can move things around after booting to that.

I'm almost at the point of just starting fresh. haha.... almost.

I'm a Windows user (so a bit baffled with the Linux stuff). If nobody else can help, and you have a previous backup, you could install that build to your SD and restore, then try again with the upgrade. It happened to me a while ago and I think I did a clean install of LE 8 and then manually copied the .kodi folders from a backup. Then I updated each add-on.

Oh I see - so in hindsight, i should've backup then installed fresh then manually restored the kodi. files.

Hmm.

So I've created a new fresh install on a separate usb. I have now booted to that, and ssh'd in to see my drives.
    I only have one of the mmcblk1p2 (as opposed to 2x similar mmcblk). the disk one here exists; I have renamed that to libreelec_disk.
    I have rebooted to see the same error message as before as I could only rename one of my drives.

Any way out without starting completely fresh and losing my past content/settings/apps etc?

You should rename Your partitionlabels to LIBREELEC and LIBREELEC_DISK. that's all it takes.
    regards!

Thanks - but which partitions?
    I have:
    /dev/mmcblk1p2 "DISK"
    /dev/mmcblk1p1 "BOOT"
    /dev/data (no label, just a UUID)
    /dev/system "System"
    /dev/cache (no label, just a UUID)

I would partly assume disk = libreelec_disk, and boot = libreelec
    but save screwing things up, can you confirm?

Thanks

Hi guys,
    I have upgraded from 7.0 on the S905X 2gb ram to 8.0 via samba shares as per thread-5556.html

However, when booting, I get a:
    -----------------------------------------
    *** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL = Libreelec***
    ### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

-----------------------
    7.0 was originally installed on a microSD card which has been working well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Opening one thread on the same topic will do, opening three threads is overkill even on New Year's Day. ;)
    [hr]
    You can use Win32diskimager for copying usb sticks / sd cards.

You can also use the Backup/Restore tool and make a backup. Create the other sd cards with the LE USB-SD Creator tool, and restore the backup on each sd card.

Hey Klojum
    Not sure how I posted three times!

Anyway, that worked a treat.
    My precise steps:

* Create backup to 'backup' folder on current boot drive (now called 'old')
    * Create new LE system via the LE USD-SD creator tool (called 'new')
    * Boot to new LE system
    * Insert 'old' usb drive
    * restore from 'old' usb drive (was easy to find and almost immediate).
    * reboots a few times - remove old usb drive.

I also updated LE to the latest build:
    * using samba, copied the new tar and drive map file to the update folder
    * reboot

Everything seems normal.

Thanks for your help!

Hi All,

I want to copy the whole drive (system + data) from my current usb drive to a new microSD card.
    I was going to use dd over ssh, but wasn't sure if/how to prepare the microSD card in the first instance (if I needed to?) Or if I should use the LE USB creator to do it, then plug it into the device, then dd the two partitions?

Any/all suggestions welcome.

I also will update to the latest build also.

Thanks

yes. Use X-plore or ES-FileExplorer, i just copied it to a USB. I had issues with the file once i got it, it wouldn't take for some reason. I found one for my box from google searching and then did some remapping. check my post history for some more detailed guides.

Great - that worked. thanks for your help.
    I have another air mouse that I want to map the buttons too, as it has a keyboard on the back of it.
    I will go through your posts and see what information you have.

Hey guys,
    I'm finding on a lot of posts when click "post reply" I get a :This site can’t be reachedThe connection was reset.Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
    HIDE DETAILS

then i click refresh, then I get:

LibreELECCan not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.

The post I was posting didn't have any attachments, only just past post quotes.

Thanks

It's working now, but hadn't been for a number of hours.
    maybe it was my connection, but all other webpages would load... hmm

A: Grab remote.conf file from Android firmware (it's available in /system/etc) and copy it to Configuration folder: /storage/.config over SSH or \\your_box_IP\Configuration using Windows shares. You can also put that file to main folder of your SD card. You may need to remap some buttons.

Hey guys,
    How do you obtain the remote.conf file when I can't seem to get to /system/etc?
    Do I need to boot to android, copy it off, then boot to LE and then copy it to \config?

Thanks!

hey guys :)
    I'm not sure if I'm in the right place?
    New to LibreElec - usually use KodiBuntu.

Anyway, I have a x96 (S905x) TV box ( http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262711771966?...EBIDX%3AIT)

I have 2gb ram and 16gb storage.

I tried this device tree:gxl_p212_2g.dtb

However, I am having trouble booting.

I don't have a reset button (or a pinhole) or any actual buttons on the box itself; only the remote, so I'm yet to figure out how to boot properly.

I used the LE tool to extract the image onto a USB drive.
    I have tried both USB ports on the tv box.

I might be able to try recovery method (varient 2), as I do have an update app on the box, but when I openned that, nothing was found on the usb drive?

If I were to just install LE to the box itself internal memory, how is the best way to take a backup of the current system (android 6.0)?

Out of interest, do most people install LE on the internal drive, or do you run it from a USB drive or memory card?

Thanks for your help!

hey guys :)
    New to LibreElec - usually use KodiBuntu.

Anyway, I have a x96 (S905x) TV box. (link removed)

I have 2gb ram and 16gb storage.

I tried this device tree:gxl_p212_2g.dtb

However, I am having trouble booting.

I don't have a reset button (or a pinhole) or any actual buttons on the box itself; only the remote, so I'm yet to figure out how to boot properly.

I used the LE tool to extract the image onto a USB drive.
    I have tried both USB ports on the tv box.

I might be able to try recovery method (varient 2), as I do have an update app on the box, but when I openned that, nothing was found on the usb drive?

If I were to just install LE to the box itself internal memory, how is the best way to take a backup of the current system (android 6.0)?

Out of interest, do most people install LE on the internal drive, or do you run it from a USB drive or memory card?

Thanks for your help!