7.0.3.010 build for S905/S905X

• Thanks kszaq, LE working well on Beelink Mini MXIII II. Is missing support for Bluetooth in S905X boxes a missing driver and is it something which can be added?

HCI Attach for the Qualcomm chip is missing. If there is a source I can compile from, I will include the driver immediately. Unfortunately the only driver I was able to find was for Android and it can't be easily ported to Linux/LE.

Available memory went from 1.5 GB to 500 MB overnight. Memory leak still prevalent.

That's why I recommend using 32-bit build.

Kodi popcorn time and Quasar plugins didn't works - I am using 32 bit version if this matter.

No support for these here: Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons - Official Kodi Wiki

• Yes, same here. Booting does seem to improve over time. Interesting this self learning system. Having said that, there are still times when I have to unplug / plug the power 10 - 20 times before it actually boots.

I'm running on a MXQ Pro 4K S905 1gb and have installed to internal memory.

• Hello Ipwevers,

How did you do the internal memory setup?
    I am using the MXQ Pro 4k but unfortunately I can not install the internal memory.
    Could you upload me the files and share the link?
    Which firmware was installed on the mxq pro 4 k as well as the Android?
    Is it possible to share this android firmware's img or sd card file?

• devel-20161212221553-r23560-g512a087
    boots correctly on my miniMXIII S905 2G/32G 1Gbit , the 010 did not boot if the hdmi cable was plugged in instead. No problems so far with dvb-t

Edited once, last by erm967 (December 16, 2016 at 12:17 PM).

• hey guys :)
    I'm not sure if I'm in the right place?
    New to LibreElec - usually use KodiBuntu.

Anyway, I have a x96 (S905x) TV box ( http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262711771966?...EBIDX%3AIT)

I have 2gb ram and 16gb storage.

I tried this device tree:gxl_p212_2g.dtb

However, I am having trouble booting.

I don't have a reset button (or a pinhole) or any actual buttons on the box itself; only the remote, so I'm yet to figure out how to boot properly.

I used the LE tool to extract the image onto a USB drive.
    I have tried both USB ports on the tv box.

I might be able to try recovery method (varient 2), as I do have an update app on the box, but when I openned that, nothing was found on the usb drive?

If I were to just install LE to the box itself internal memory, how is the best way to take a backup of the current system (android 6.0)?

Out of interest, do most people install LE on the internal drive, or do you run it from a USB drive or memory card?

Thanks for your help!

• Hello Ipwevers,

How did you do the internal memory setup?
    I am using the MXQ Pro 4k but unfortunately I can not install the internal memory.
    Could you upload me the files and share the link?
    Which firmware was installed on the mxq pro 4 k as well as the Android?
    Is it possible to share this android firmware's img or sd card file?

Hi Nemesis,

Well, I just followed the instructions given by kszaq. I prepared an SD card with the 7.0.2.009 release and booted the box from the SD card using the toothpick method. Then I just ran the installtointernal script, rebooted and it just worked.

Later I did the update by just downloading the new image and device tree to the .update directory and reboot. But I guess a clean install using 70.0.3.010 should work just as fine.

Download LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img.gz from here: 7.0.3.010 and use the device tree gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb from here: device_trees

To prepare the SD card, follow the instructions here: Installation - LibreELEC

I can send you the Android firmware if you like. You can flash it with the USB Burning Tool. I don't know exactly what version that is. I was never able to find an "official" release to fix it. And my first attempts at installing OpenElec (that's what I started out with) actually nearly bricked the box. This was the only firmware I could find that would actually load using the USB Burning Tool. I got of some Russian forum (I think, since I don't read Cyrillic).

Good luck and happy hacking,
    Louis

• HCI Attach for the Qualcomm chip is missing. If there is a source I can compile from, I will include the driver immediately. Unfortunately the only driver I was able to find was for Android and it can't be easily ported to Linux/LE.

Thanks. Any thoughts if a BT USB dongle might work with your LE builds?

• Am I correct that there is no 32bit devel, but only 7.03.10? Thought about switching to 32bit, as 64bit is still a little laggy (maybe cause of Xonfluence?) and unstable on my box. I sometimes have no Internet (lan) when the box starts up...

• I'm using the 64-bit version on my TX5 PRO 905X by running it from sd card.
    If I clean my SD card and setup it to install the 32-bit version, can I skip the toothpick step? Is now my box already set to boot from SD first?

• Anyway, I have a x96 (S905x) TV box ( http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262711771966?...EBIDX%3AIT)

I have 2gb ram and 16gb storage.

I don't have a reset button (or a pinhole) or any actual buttons on the box itself; only the remote, so I'm yet to figure out how to boot properly.

Out of interest, do most people install LE on the internal drive, or do you run it from a USB drive or memory card?

Thanks for your help!

I have the same box.

Reset button is actually *inside* the A/V port in the back. Use an actual toothpick if you have one, the button is small and if you use wire (ie paperclip, etc.) you may miss to one side or the other back there.

I run an older version from internal no problem, but I run from SD card for an extended period until I'm sure it's working before committing to NAND.

• What exactly is the problem with BT? On my box it seems to work fine. I can pair devices (tablet, laptop) but I don't have a controller or something similar to test.

And something I noticed: even though I set up the HDMI audio output to 5.1, my AVR reports that it gets 7.1 channels. Is this normal?

• What exactly is the problem with BT? On my box it seems to work fine. I can pair devices (tablet, laptop) but I don't have a controller or something similar to test.

And something I noticed: even though I set up the HDMI audio output to 5.1, my AVR reports that it gets 7.1 channels. Is this normal?

I don't think that the setting is applicable when Passthrough is used. If you have 7.1 speakers and your AVR is setup to use all 7.1, and the movie you are playing supports 7.1, then you will get 7.1.

Why would you want 5.1 if you indeed have 7.1?

• I don't think that the setting is applicable when Passthrough is used. If you have 7.1 speakers and your AVR is setup to use all 7.1, and the movie you are playing supports 7.1, then you will get 7.1.

Why would you want 5.1 if you indeed have 7.1?

It is applicable. It is used with streams like 5.1 AAC or Opus (ex-Vorbis). LE sends multichannel PCM, it's just the wrong number of channels.
    My AVR has 5.1 speakers and I was wondering if there is sound degradation because of this mismatch.
    [hr]

It is a current limitation of Amlogic audio driver that it can only output 2.0 or maximum supported speaker configuration, in your case 7.1.

Ah, I see. Thanks :)

Edited once, last by minimoe (December 16, 2016 at 9:45 PM).