Posts by Virtex

Thanks for all the information ad for sharing your remote.conf. As you suggest, I will take an exact map of my remote's buttons pressing one by one and mapping the linux codes to the one you posted. Then I will associate the action for KODI via the add-on (I hope to be able to find and remove existent associations ...)
    This doesn't clarify to me how or where, in configuration files, linux codes are associated to keys descriptions (i.e.<VolumeUp> or <volumeplus>) used by Kodi in keymaps/remote.xml file.
    But for now it's enought :D
    Thank you very very much.
    g

Thank for quick reply. It seems the first button is ignored. Other are unmapped or mapped to something different one can expect to be.

VOL+ in TV area of the remote control (same situation as previous post):
    Nothing logged at all

Green button (same situation as previous post):

Code
    18:34:56 T:548400222208   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x3c, sym: 0x011b, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
    18:34:56 T:548400222208   DEBUG: OnKey: f2 (0xf091) pressed, action is

Yellow button (same situation as previous post):

Code
    18:36:18 T:548400222208   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x69, sym: 0x0114, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
    18:36:18 T:548400222208   DEBUG: OnKey: left (0xf082) pressed, action is Left

Can you paste your remote.conf into a post here - it's hard to work out what's going on without looking at it, but from what you say you'll need to change some values in there (yes, those linux keycodes).
    Plus an example of a remote button that doesn't work at all, and a remote button that works but doesn't do what you want (including what you'd like it to do in both cases).

Yes, you are right. It' is difficult to help me, also because I'm in the dark confusion :D
    Here my remote.conf in /storage/.config/

This is when I press VOL+ in the "TV Control" area of the remote:

Code
    Dec 11 17:14:49 LibreELEC kernel: remote: scancode is 0x0056,invalid key is 0x0000.

This is when I press the "Green" button (do nothing, I'd like to toggle audio from Analog to Bluetooth and back):

Code
    Dec 11 17:17:20 LibreELEC kernel: remote: press ircode = 0x0f,
    Dec 11 17:17:20 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 11 17:17:20 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x003c,maptable = 0,code:0xf00ffe01
    Dec 11 17:17:20 LibreELEC kernel: remote: release ircode = 0x0f,
    Dec 11 17:17:20 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 11 17:17:20 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x003c, maptable = 0,code:0x00000000

This is when I press the "Yellow" button (highlights "System" when I'm in Home screen, switch to previous channel when I'm watching TV, I'd like to control volume globally):

Code
    Dec 11 17:23:55 LibreELEC kernel: remote: press ircode = 0x10,
    Dec 11 17:23:55 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 11 17:23:55 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x006d,maptable = 0,code:0xef10fe01
    Dec 11 17:23:55 LibreELEC kernel: remote: release ircode = 0x10,
    Dec 11 17:23:55 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 11 17:23:55 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x006d, maptable = 0,code:0x00000000

Thanks. I'll try, even I can't understand how to do it.
    I really can't find where or how the code 103 is declared to be "Up", so I don't know how to change this (or others) associations.

You say it is a linux keycode. I take a look at some tables, but I didn't found all of the event used by KODI (i.e. VolumeUp is missing in the table :( )
    So I can't figure out on how to change button association or associate some unrecognized button of my remote. Pressing them the journalctl states only one line:

Dec 11 16:05:53 LibreELEC kernel: remote: scancode is 0x0056,invalid key is 0x0000.

I think I'm missing something obvious, something you believe is clear to me. I'm feeling very stupid :(

Easy way - fire up the keymap editor from the official repo, press a button that doesn't work and map it to the function you want. I don't like it for a few reasons but it will do the job.
    What I do:
    enable debug logging, bring the log up on my pc, press a key, refresh the log. Read the last couple of lines, it tells you the code (hex) and the action linked to it. List the buttons / codes / actions. Then either edit remote.conf directly (to send different codes) or write a keymap (.xml file) and stick it in .kodi/userdata/keymaps (which is how the keymap editor addon does its stuff).
    If you click the link in my sig there's a bit more detail.

Thank trogggy. I'try the add-on and the easy way to quick be able rising the volume.
    In the mean time, I still would like to learn the hard way :)
    [hr]
    Just a little step forward. The journalctl output states:

press ircode = 0x16
    scancode = 0x0067

I understud this is the corrispondent to remote.conf mapping, but in remote.conf are mapped the ircodes to the decimal scancodes (0x0067 = 103) so 0x16 -> 103.
    Now I have to understand where is done the association of scancode 103 to KODI action ...

Hi. I'm running LE 7.2.009 (kszaq build)
    I'm having some trouble with remote IR control. Some buttons works fine, some others activate different actions, some others do nothing.
    I'm trying to figure out on how change mapping for my remote.
    I followed the suggestion to copy the original Android remote.conf file to my /storage/.config directory. No luck.

I investigated on how remote can work in LE, and I got confused.
    Lircd is not running (and no lirc in dmesg after boot). From process list i found "eventlircd" running. It uses .evmap configuration files stored in /etc/evenlircd.d directory.
    I can't figure how this can let my remote control (partially) works, so I'm not able to modify my mapping.
    Also, I have no idea on where or how the map in remote.conf file is "translated" into something usable by KODI (i.e. /keymaps/remote.xml or Lircmap.xml)
    My remote.conf contains mapping like:
    key_begin
    0x01 11
    0x4e 2
    0x0d 3

I didn't succeed to use any of the traditional lirc tools to grab button event, I even didn' t understand which /dev/input my remote is linked to.
    From my syslog the only clue when I press remote buttons:
    # journalctl -f
    Dec 09 18:14:28 LibreELEC kernel: remote: press ircode = 0x16,
    Dec 09 18:14:28 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 09 18:14:28 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x0067,maptable = 0,code:0xe916fe01
    Dec 09 18:14:28 LibreELEC kernel: remote: release ircode = 0x16,
    Dec 09 18:14:28 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 09 18:14:28 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x0067, maptable = 0,code:0x00000000
    Dec 09 18:14:29 LibreELEC kernel: remote: press ircode = 0x50,
    Dec 09 18:14:29 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 09 18:14:29 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x006a,maptable = 0,code:0xaf50fe01
    Dec 09 18:14:29 LibreELEC kernel: remote: release ircode = 0x50,
    Dec 09 18:14:29 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 09 18:14:29 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x006a, maptable = 0,code:0x00000000
    Dec 09 18:14:30 LibreELEC kernel: remote: press ircode = 0x13,
    Dec 09 18:14:30 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 09 18:14:30 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x001c,maptable = 0,code:0xec13fe01
    Dec 09 18:14:31 LibreELEC kernel: remote: release ircode = 0x13,
    Dec 09 18:14:31 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 09 18:14:31 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x001c, maptable = 0,code:0x00000000
    Dec 09 18:14:32 LibreELEC kernel: remote: press ircode = 0x51,
    Dec 09 18:14:32 LibreELEC kernel: remote:
    Dec 09 18:14:32 LibreELEC kernel: scancode = 0x0069,maptable = 0,code:0xae51fe01
    Dec 09 18:14:33 LibreELEC kernel: remote: release ircode = 0x51,
    Dec 09 18:14:33 LibreELEC kernel: remote: scancode = 0x0069, maptable = 0,code:0x00000000

I read something special is for amremote device, so I stopped trying with my own knowledge.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction to understand basics of remote control for this hardware related to this OS? My Linux knowledge didn't help ...

Thanks
    giuliano

giuliano will this Transmission addon enable me to watch acestreams? Acestreams are torrents in nature but I think plexus has something to do with it?

Regards.

Sorry, can't help. I know nothing about Acestreams.
    All I can say is that Transmission-daemon is an add-on to download files via the torrent protocol, not to watch them.
    It is as any other torrent client, but with the difference that it has no GUI. You need a Transmission remote GUI to control this client. There is a GUI for Transmission in standard KODI repos.
    If Acestreams are, as you say, files shared via torrent, with Torrent daemon you can download them and then watch them as usual when the download is completed.
    Sorry if this info doesn't help.
    g

I would like to give my contribution to the discussion helping other readers to install transmission daemon on LE for Amlogic s905X with LE 7.0.2.009

I have a T95X box. I previously installed a LE 7.0.2.006 downloaded from http://www.memoryleaks.org/libreelec.tv/s905x/ and I was able to install transmission daemon on standard repository.
    To solve an issue with bluetooth I installed kszaq 7.0.2.009 build but transmission daemon wasn't in standard repos.
    I tried downloading the transmission zip build from thoradia/7.0/S905/aarch64/service.transmission at master · thoradia/thoradia · GitHub but the zip file seems to be corrupted. Can't open it and can't install.

So I looked inside the old 7.0.2.006 build (mounted on my PC), and I found the add-on in /.kodi/addons/service.transmission
    I copied via ssh the whole directory to the box running the new 7.0.2.009
    Then I connected via ssh to the box and added the service to systemd, typing from shell:
    # systemctl enable /storage/.kodi/addons/service.transmission/system.d/service.transmission.service

A message alerted me that the script is missing the [Install] section and some possible issues are listed. Don't care.
    Rebooted the box, transmission daemon is there, working :)

Hope it helps
    giuliano

Virtex Realtek 8723BS Bluetooth has been fixed in 7.0.2.007. The latest Jarvis build is 7.0.2.009. Moreover you're not using my build, I can't provide support for that.

:| !! I'so sorry :( I really didn't know there were different build from different developers. Believe me when I say it is very difficult, for a linux system and network administrator too as I'm, to follow development thread for these devices.
    I hope very soon all excellent developers like you can unify their work.
    That said, please forgive me because I made your time wasted. Now I'll turn to your build and I'll come back :D

Virtex To run my builds you should always use device tree from the ones provided in download folder. Bluetooth issue most likely isn't related to device tree but my crystal ball refuses to work without logs. ;)

OK, let's help your crystal ball :) Attached my dmesg at boot time, attached my dts. Here below modules loaded at boot:

# lsmod
    Module Size Used by
    8723bs 1688630 0
    cfg80211 359903 1 8723bs
    8021q 18309 0
    dwc3 18093 0
    wifi_dummy 806 0
    mali 238555 5
    aml_nftl_dev 82924 0

If any other log or configuration file or any test can help, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    giuliano

Some news for T95X. I succeded extracting dtb from my Android stock firmware. Gzipped image attached to this post.
    I removed the header to convert the compiled dtb to readable dts. It seems to me there are differences from the dts extracted from the LE distro I'm running. Bluetooth section seem also to be different.
    I made a copy of the original android stock dtb to the SD card replacing the dtb.img file of LE. The box no longer boots.
    Am I missing something? Am I too newbie to perform such kind of manipulations?

Thanks.
    giuiliano

Ok. Here my result after some days testing LE on T95X box, if anyone can be interested.
    Almost everything seems to work.
    0) SD boot OK (first run achieved with toothpick method: factory uboot in my device has env settings telling to try load aml_script from SD or USB when forced in recovery mode)
    1) Wired eth OK
    2) Wireless OK
    3) USB OK
    4) TV dongle (Realtek RTL2832) OK
    5) Built-In Bluetooth KO <------
    6) Bluetooth dongle OK
    7) USB HDD performaces ---> Not yet checked. Caused reboot due to undervoltage when connected directly to box's USB ports. Too much current drained from HDD. Need an external powered USB hub
    8) TVHeadend service add-on OK (web interface accessible from other PC in the LAN, TV tuner listed in Adapters list)
    9) HW acceleration h.264@1080p OK

So, exciting results except for Bluetooth. Any notice about bluetooth devices in dmesg when booting.
    Activating Bluetooth service from GUI, here my loaded kernel modules:

# lsmod
    Module Size Used by
    bnep 11076 2
    bluetooth 243164 5 bnep
    6lowpan_iphc 5895 1 bluetooth
    8723bs 1688630 0
    cfg80211 359903 1 8723bs
    8021q 18309 0
    dwc3 18093 0
    wifi_dummy 806 0
    mali 238555 5
    aml_nftl_dev 82924 0

Does anyone can help me to solve the issue?
    I suspect my BT device is'nt recognized at kernel level. Maybe the dtb.img is missing something for this board? How ca I extract factory device tree from my box?
    Thanks.
    g
    [hr]

If you flash stock Android image prior to restoring your backup, it should work. Restoring full factory image is important as you also need Android-build-specific device tree.

There's no way I'm aware of.

You can install TVHeadend as an addon. It's available from official LE repository.

You should keep in mind that because of an older kernel version that we have to use for Amlogic devices much less DVB tuners are supported compared to RPi builds.

Thanks for reply. No I do not have factory Android image for my box. I'll try to get it from somewhere before flashing LE to NAND
    About dumping whole NAND, I'll try with serial connection to the box, to see if I can interrupt uBoot and use nandump or mmc built-in commands.
    I'll post news if any. Thanks

Ooops ... Sorry for question n.3 I didn't realized TVHeadend IS actually available as plugin in LE. Great!!! I'll try with my DVB-T dongle.
    Question 1) and 2) still remain.
    Thanks.

Hi everyone. Pretty new to ARM development. Some years ago I made a TV box on my Raspberry PI, installing Armbian, the old XBMC release and TVHeadend as backend for DVB-T USB dongle. It was hard but everything is working since a couple of years.
    Now I decided to buy a new box, more powerful than a Raspberry. I found a tv box named T95X equipped with S905X Amlogic Soc, 2GB NAND / 8GB RAM.
    It was very cheap (35 Euro) and it was the only one the producer assured to be rooted and fully open with accessible recovery image and able to boot from SD. It is so.
    I tried some other tv boxes but no one was so open.
    My goal was to to reproduce the setup I made with Raspberry, but suddenly I understud I lack in booting process knowledge to go on.
    Googling to understand something more, I found this forum and this thread. BANG! It is the most advanced one. I'm really impressed about the hard good work done by developers to build LE distro for this SoC.
    Everything is working booting the last image from SD in my box, and now I'm planning to flash it to NAND.
    Just a couple of question, if I can ask:
    1) I made a backup (via TWRP) of my stock partitions (boot, system, data). If I would like to restore the box to Android after flashing LE to NAND, will TWRP be able to restore the factory partitioning? Or TWRP assumes to find partitions already made (I do not have a .img of the whole stock NAND)?
    2) How is it possible to dump the whole NAND? I know this is off-topic but please, does anyone have a link to some method?
    3) Most important. Do LE developers considered as new feature including TVHeadend in the distro? This because in many country live TV internet streaming (IP TV) is not performed by TV companies. In my opinion this will be a good idea to have a complete TV box equipped with LE.

Many thanks and ... I will post further test result on the T95X with LE to add this box to the LE's compatibility list.
    Regards
    g