[S905] Device trees

• Hi, do you know if these device trees were added to the 7.0.2.007 Almost there build? as a generic device tree? or can these be renamed and used with the build?

• edit4ever Can you test this device tree: gxbb_p200_2G_m8s+_k3_pro.dtb

It can be used with 7.0.2.007 or any of the dev builds. What I changed are power_on_pin and interrput_pin bumped by 4 according to your suggestion in the other thread.

OK - Strangely that worked! I tried doing the same thing on my end but it didn't work. I'll have to compare files to see what I was doing wrong on my test version. I'm still learning!

Thank you!

P.S. If you add that to your device trees - I'm not sure what the right name for it is. k2pro_gig_update.dtb ??

• kszaq - Thank you again for providing the updated dtb for my KII Pro...

I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. When I dumped my rom and extracted the boot.img and then the dtb file...it seemed like it was the same as the original M8S+4k file (wrong wifi info) which of course didn't work for me. What I realized during testing was the "misc" part of the nand was impacting the boot and changing dtb info.

So the question is - is there a way to convert the info in the misc block to see what device tree settings it is adjusting? I have dumped the data to a misc.img file...but I'm not sure how to extract the data from it. With the boot.img file I was able to extract the device tree using splitbootimg.pl -- is there something similar for the misc block of data??

Thanks for any info - I'm hoping to dig down to get my ATSC tuners working in LE and want to understand what is happening in the android boot/device tree.

• Hello Kszaq,

First off all many thanks for the great work off You! :)

Here are dtb.img for Q-Box amlogic s905, version 2GB/8GB and version 2GB/16GB, I do think there must be some difference between the two off them.

regards, Jefken.

Images

Files

• dtb.img2_8.zip

(8.36 kB, downloaded 91 times, last: )
    • dtb2_16.img.zip

(8.36 kB, downloaded 126 times, last: )

Raspberry Pi2 LibreELEC Milhouse nightly builds

Q-Box 2G/8G and Q-Box 2G/16G LibreELEC 8.2 kszaq 's
    NexBox A95x balbes150 Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Debian_jessie_3.14.29_server_20170907 with tvheadend and OScam.
    Digibit R1 Sat>IP server. (80 cm. dish with disecq 4/2 (28.2E, 23.5E, 13.0E, 19.2E) and fixed 90 cm. dish at 30.0W)

4 x TP-LINK TL-PA411

• Hello all,

I buy Beelink MiniMX III. It will arrive next week. Before broke something, need I backup something?

Or installing by SD could be safe?

Thanks and regards.

• Working SD Card LE first. If that works you can SSH execute installtointernal command to install to Nand.
    I think kszaq might do away with .zip to install to nand and we will all use above method.

• Working SD Card LE first. If that works you can SSH execute installtointernal command to install to Nand.
    I think kszaq might do away with .zip to install to nand and we will all use above method.

Thanks!

I install to internal and it works really well.

Best regards.

• Hi,

here is the original dtb.img for Ferguson Ariva 4K Combo

Full firmware can be downloaded from here: h**p://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/

Thanks

Files

• dtb.zip

(9.77 kB, downloaded 87 times, last: )
  • Hi guys,

Can you tell me, which device tree is the correct one for a
    Otterbox Nexbox MXQ Pro 4K?

Thanks, mates.

• Hello,

I got this device: Transpeed S905 2G/8G - p201

I have load the corresponding dtb file from kszaq repository but RAM size is not correctly recognized (815MB instead of 2GB), LAN is @100Mbps instead of 1Gbps.

The dtb file from the OTA zip file provided by the dealer make the device freeze on boot.

Is there a way to extract the dtb file directly from the device of from the IMG firmware file?

Thanks!

• I got this device (Transpeed S905 2G/8G - p201):

Remove the link to the seller. No links to sellers.

• Maybe is the same dtb of others devices, but I can't determine that. If anyone can be interested into, I've got a brand new S905X device labelled "T95X" (2G RAM / 8G NAND).
    It works great with LE (only Bluetooth isn't recognized)
    Hope this dtb helps.

giuliano

Files

• hey guys :)
    New to LibreElec - usually use KodiBuntu.

Anyway, I have a x96 (S905x) TV box. (link removed)

I have 2gb ram and 16gb storage.

I tried this device tree:gxl_p212_2g.dtb

However, I am having trouble booting.

I don't have a reset button (or a pinhole) or any actual buttons on the box itself; only the remote, so I'm yet to figure out how to boot properly.

I used the LE tool to extract the image onto a USB drive.
    I have tried both USB ports on the tv box.

I might be able to try recovery method (varient 2), as I do have an update app on the box, but when I openned that, nothing was found on the usb drive?

If I were to just install LE to the box itself internal memory, how is the best way to take a backup of the current system (android 6.0)?

Out of interest, do most people install LE on the internal drive, or do you run it from a USB drive or memory card?

Thanks for your help!

Edited once, last by cptchezza ().

• Insert thick paperclip or small tool in AV jack and see if you can feel reset button at the bottom.

• Anyway, I have a x96 (S905x) TV box fleabay.com.au/itm/262711771966?...EBIDX%3AIT

Remove that link to Pirate Kodi Seller or any seller. Forum rules.
    [hr]

Insert thick paperclip or small tool in AV jack and see if you can feel reset button at the bottom.

You should not use a conductive tool to insert into electrical products.
    A toothpick is the easiest and safest.

Edited once, last by kostaman ().

• Remove that link to Pirate Kodi Seller or any seller. Forum rules.
    [hr]

You should not use a conductive tool to insert into electrical products.
    A toothpick is the easiest and safest.

Removed; sorry about that. Hadn't read the rules *slaps wrist*

Okay, i'll give a toothpick a go.