[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• OK, I've looked around for an hour - I've enabled the games menu, added Zach M repo, installed IARL and the Libretro compatibility addon yet despite trying to configure IARL for retroplayer use I just cannot get any game/system to run. All report "cannot find an emulator".

Others seem to suggest "Games" should work in the build. Can anyone suggest anything or provide a few steps they used to get working?
    I've installed 8.90.5 img to a USB stick for testing so a clean build from the image file on an S905X device.

Feels like I've just missed an entire step and need to install the desired Libretro cores or something.

Edited 2 times, last by Quidgebo: Additional info. (March 20, 2018 at 1:06 AM).

• I ended up reverting back afterwards because the remote.conf file doesnt seem to work on 8.90.5 either.

And again, read some earlier posts and you'll find that nobody expects remote.conf to work on 8.90.5. (and what the fix is)

The info is there for you.

Incidentally, since you can't brick the device whilst running from an SD card, why not just try the different dtb's (for the build your using). You've nothing to lose. :cool:

• And again, read some earlier posts and you'll find that nobody expects remote.conf to work on 8.90.5. (and what the fix is)

The info is there for you.

Incidentally, since you can't brick the device whilst running from an SD card, why not just try the different dtb's (for the build your using). You've nothing to lose.

Like i originally said using the tar file in the .update folder left it stuck at LE Logo (no libreelec 8.90.5 community as per usual in the top LHS of the screen) no matter what dtb file i use.

Used an new image, restored a backup and removed the remote.conf file and now working.

• I know we are talking about alpha Versions

just some feedback

tested 8.90.5 and the devel Version for Wetek play 2

Hardware Wetek play 2 and Mecool KI pro

Dvbviewer Media Server 2.04

Digibit R1 Satip AXE

couldn´t get both devices in stable conditions with dvbviewer client.

It simply stops randomly working saying channel can not be shown.

Looks like there are network problems. Same channels running without issues on other devices or with last official libreelec Version.

Tried with tvheadend 4.3 on KI pro then.

Worked but issues with EPG ( very slow or not there ).

After Restart this morning TVheadend Server not starting anymore.

Also some problems with downloading addons like mono.

On wetek play 2 installed Raybuntus last Version for now

On Mecool KI pro I will try again.

Is there a link to 8.90.3 somewhere because as reported as "running fine" ?

• Experiencing very similar behaviour on my VIM2 with onboard dTV DVB-s card. I had attributed it to the experimental nature of the driver for the card, but maybe the TVh server is the cause. However most of the time it is working OK.

Shoog

• Thanks for your efforts, it's great to see users helping in this way however I will not be using the legacy kszaq 8.2 nougat kernel anymore, the LE kernel is a more 'recent' nougat kernel and I feel our efforts would be better focused there. I have submitted a PR to add the dither/round/REC709/BT2020 options to the LE kernel link.

I will add the Kodi portion of the code to the community builds as soon as I get a chance.

I agree with you that further development should be based on the new kernel. Hopefully the important bugs can be solved quickly.

• Do clean installation if you want or just update on prevously installed Adam build (copy .tar or .img.gz by sftp build into .update directory and reboot. It will update your build automatically) . In this same way you can back also to older version

• Do clean installation if you want or just update on prevously installed Adam build (copy .tar or .img.gz by sftp build into .update directory and reboot. It will update your build automatically) . In this same way you can back also to older version

zbigzbig20 how have you managed to install TVHeadend? I've updated to GDPR-2 Wetek test build, but now TVHeadend will not install/download.

• Normally. Tvh 4.2 installed stright from le repo. Do not install tvh 4.3 because for now is very unstable

Thanks for reply zbigzbig20

After installing the test build although Tvh shows in Repository, it just won't download. I click install but nothing happens.

I downgraded to 8.90.5... Tvh downloads but get a installion failed error. :(

• Can somebody please point me to some info regarding the CEC issue mentioned in the first post?

I have a Mini M8S II using the gxl_p212_2g device tree. It worked fine up until (and including) v8.90.3, but it crashes on both .4 and .5 as soon as I click a button on the (CEC) remote. It then just shuts down immediately without generating a crash log.

It's perfectly stable until I use the TV/CEC remote (I can control it using Kore fine), so I'm fairly certain it's a CEC issue.

Cheers,

Tim

• Installed test release from #2486 on my Mecool KI pro. This time with tvheadend 4.2 and dtb from test release.

Took a while but it is much more stable now. EPG is ok, also. All my addons working so far.

Did not test dolby and dts 5.1 yet.

This device (added active cooling) makes more fun atm than my wetek play 2.

• Ok, this is a bit strange. It seems to be interpreting the CEC remote down button as power off:

Any clues to where the CEC mapping is done? I've got no custom remote changes in ~/.config

Cheers,

Tim